Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage Elite Status EXP / Exec. Platinum Challenge/Exception (Executive Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This thread is obsolete. The 2014 / 2015 status match challenges offered to flyers from United Airlines is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage Elite Status EXP / Exec. Platinum Challenge/Exception (Executive Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Then there is the question of whether 8 more get deposited upon "regular" qualification as has been indicated elsewhere. I'm still guessing that there will be only one set, although I have no idea at which crossing they will be granted.

Cheers.
I will try and confirm yay or nay on that around July/Sept-ish
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it open to fmr EXPs (and current 1Ks) or is it a first time qualification only deal (like hotel status match)?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Originally Posted by azepine00
Is it open to fmr EXPs (and current 1Ks) or is it a first time qualification only deal (like hotel status match)?
Good Question. Get in touch with Executive Office and let us know.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
It is my understanding (based on other threads on FT) that the challenge is open to current non-status AA Advantage members and non-AAdvantage members. To find out whether this includes former status holders, I suspect only a call to Executive Offices will clear that up.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
Cheerfulflyer, Thanks much for posting this thread. Existing EXPs note: AA only initiated this offer after UA provided much the same opportunity to EXPs to become a United 1K.
UA offered this, too? Is that offer still out there?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

EQPs Run Deals Update

UPDATE:

Posted the following on post#4.

~20K EQPs for 1300 r/ai after 10% discount. All segments on A (First) or I (Business). In fact the prices for First and Business fares come out cheaper (YES, indeed cheaper) than the coach prices. You will have to PM me for hints/additional info.

Last edited by Cheerfulflyer; Mar 2, 2011 at 5:38 pm
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

[redacted deleted quote and response]

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
I think it is insane for AA to hand out EXP status to someone based on:

- one trip US-Asia in Discount J
- a spend of $2000

And to add insult to injury, the flying doesn't even have to be on AA metal...only issued on AA ticket stock.
[...]

This new policy will have unintended consequences.
Manipulation and dilution immediately come to mind.

Last edited by magic111; Mar 3, 2011 at 10:05 am Reason: redacted deleted quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:27 pm

AA Status Match from DL Silver - Any chance?

With all the talk about status matching, I'm intrigued. Can I / Do I qualify for a status match at AA (even if it's Gold) from my DL Silver Medallion status? I've not flow DL extensively, but do have status.

I've only flow 6 segments this year on AA, but some status would be better than nothing.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:30 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiguy006
With all the talk about status matching, I'm intrigued. Can I / Do I qualify for a status match at AA (even if it's Gold) from my DL Silver Medallion status? I've not flow DL extensively, but do have status.

I've only flow 6 segments this year on AA, but some status would be better than nothing.
I'm not sure why you would post this in a thread about an Executive Platinum Challenge rather than looking in the FAQ (where it says "please check here first") at the top of the page, which has a section on challenges.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev

I suspect that AA would offer you a challenge as they have in the past, rather than an outright status match. The impetus behind the Executive Platinum challenge (which is an exception to anything that AA has traditionally done) was to lure high value/yield customers away from competitors (in the face of the recent mergers_.

Unless you work for a company that has an agreement with AA to do status matches, it's not likely. In any case, the only way to know for certain is for you to call AA.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
UA offered this, too? Is that offer still out there?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-new-post.html

Start at Post 467.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.

There is a Gold (as well as a Plat) challenge. I believe the Plat challenge costs $200 upfront and you have to earn 10K EQPs in the 90-day period, whereas, the Gold requires 5K EQPs.

I'm wondering how many UA 1Ks and DL Diamonds would take them up on this offer since the 25K EQMs would basically require them to fly in coach for that qualification period if they don't purchase e500's (at $30 a pop) or an outright first/business class fare. Then there's the fees and taxes ($500 +) to book an AAward on BA in business or first (Y is about $100 cheaper). Now that's an incentive to rack up them miles!!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm a QF WP with around 4k SCs this year (end of April 2011). Planning on a Adl/Mel/Bkk/Bos/Yyz/Ord/Den/Lax/Scl/Syd/Adl RTW in a few months. That is around 30k butt in the seat miles so it should be easy to get the 25k EQPs for the AA EXP Challenge.

As I understand the rules the flights must be AA ticketed but can be on any OW metal. It that correct? Will call and see if they will give me instant AA Platinum and accept the challenge. Any advise? Anyone know if QF WPs will / have be accepted?

Greg
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gregwatson
Any advise? Anyone know if QF WPs will / have be accepted?
The EXP challenge offer is for elites on competing airlines. QF as you know is not a competing airline for AA. In fact perhaps the opposite is true. That you will get to sign up for this offer is highly unlikely. But you never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.