Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 10:56 pm
BL*

Programs: Marriott Gold
Thanks for the speedy reply and the links! Hubby is 6'5" so this sounds like he'll have plenty of leg room on this leg.
Old May 7, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
He'll have leg room, but the leg support is so short he will have to keep hitting the recline button to push it back up because it doesn't support the weight of your legs, or at least it doesn't support mine. I run into this problem a lot and I'm 6'6...

Go Gators
Old May 24, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I'm on this bird tomorrow for PHL-SXM. I currently have seat 3C, my girlfriend has 3F and there are no other available seats to move to for us to be together. I see that 3D is blocked, but from reading on here, it's blocked for a crew rest seat. If a pilot is going to sit there, is there ever any issue getting him to switch with me across the row? Or is that specific seat assigned to him for some type of safety reason that he can't change seats?
Old May 24, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I don't believe SXM is far enough away to require a pilot rest seat. If it's not, that seat will show up on the seat map for OLCI.
Old May 24, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ShaneMcConnell
I don't believe SXM is far enough away to require a pilot rest seat. If it's not, that seat will show up on the seat map for OLCI.
Per Boeing Boy, that PHL-SXM flight can be operated by the same crew down and back - thus necessitating the crew rest seat.

Once the door closes, perhaps a switch can be made with the FA and crews OK?
Old May 24, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond

Last edited by jaxbill; May 30, 2013 at 10:23 pm
Old May 24, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by geo1005
Per Boeing Boy, that PHL-SXM flight can be operated by the same crew down and back - thus necessitating the crew rest seat.
Just going by memory, I believe I was referring to a CLT-SXM roundtrip and thought that the same might be true for PHL-SXM. Someone corrected me for the PHX-SXM.

Jim
Old May 29, 2013, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by PHL
Alternatively, 7B, C are exit, but 7D (across the aisle) is not.
SeatGuru 757-200v4 is showing 7D, 7E, 7F as having more leg room because it is behind the exit row? Is this true? Same leg room as 6D and 6F? If so, I would think these seats are better than row 6 because you're not losing width due to the tray table in the arms.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:32 am

Flew on US 798 and US 799 this week to/from PHL-AMS. It was N938UW both ways. I think this is the US version of the plane and not ATA. From the front, it looked like version 4 on SeatGuru. This is the version without 5ABC or 6ABC. There was a lav at 5ABC and FA bench seat facing 7ABC. All three of the seat mapping sites showed different configurations. ExpertFlyer (for my flight numbers) showed that 5ABC existed but had the seats blocked.

I previously read that only the ATA version of this plane (N203UW-205UW) had this seating configuration. I wonder if they are all configured the same as of June 2013.

7A - I was originally in this seat but was able to move. The protruding slide is really bad. Especially with a passenger in 7B, I would take a regular coach seat over 7A any day. 7F appeared to be exactly the same.

7D - This seat was not bad at all. It appeared to have more leg room than a regular coach seat. With 6D reclined, it could be slightly cramped but not a major problem for me. I've read mixed reviews for 7D and perhaps they were based on the "other" TA configuration for the 752.

6D was great on my return flight as expected. It had storage under 5D and there was enough room to move my bag forward to use as a foot rest.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
AMS-PHL

Thanks jaxbill! I just booked a 757-200 flight from AMS-PHL, US Air flight 799, on Jan 25th for my return from Europe. My outbound is CLT-FRA on an A330. I was just wondering how the 757's are on this route. I saw the previous post was discussing these. I would be in coach, but I would upgrade if offered. I used miles so there was not any envoy left at the lower mileage redemption. I was disappointed to see the 757 since these are older. I hope it isn't cramped as I'm already dreading coach for 8.5 hours on a narrower plane. The taxes were cheapest for DUB < AMS < BRU for the return flight and they flew 757, 757, and 767's respectively so none of them really offered any better size planes. I'm going to be in Northern Germany mainly so AMS seemed like the best option. I usually like window seats but I flew a 747 in coach on United where I felt like I was going to have a curved spine from the window seat so I know its not worth that lack of headroom/legroom. Any advice on seats, this plane, or in general.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: None
There's something close to zero chance that you'll be offered a free upgrade to Envoy. If Envoy seats are available GoEnvoy is offered first come first serve. The 757's are as old or older than the 767's - some are newer, especially true for the European version. To me the big drawback is the single aisle - it doesn't decrease your "personal" space but the line for the lavs can get long after the meal.

Jim
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid that was the case. I don't really want to head back south to ZRH or FRA and also pay about $100/ticket more in taxes/fees. DUB was by far the cheapest, but I've seen Dublin and I don't think there is nearly as much to do as in the Netherlands. The UK taxes are like $200/ticket more.

I may look at the 767 flying out of Brussels more closely since it is also close to BRE and see how people's experiences have been on that one. I really hate 3-3 for longer flights and there are 2 of us so 2-3-2 would be better.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...l#post21025305

Any recommendations for alternate airports without a much higher tax? The A330's out of FRA, ZRH, LHR, and MAN are all much higher taxes. It has to be US Air only because I'm getting the off-peak mileage in January.

Does the 757 not have personal TV's in coach?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: VS, CO, BA
I have a choice of DUB to PHL with US or DUB to JFK with AA in business - which has the better business class product on a 757... I'm travelling in December...
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:48 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The US 757-200 (European version) [master thread]

AA has angled lie flat seats. US has the older style recliners, with decent leg room. That's the biggest difference.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:08 am

Need 757 Exit help quick...

I am going to book Fl: 1743 on 9/8 PHL-SAN (stops in PHX). Is 24A (757-200) very similar to 10A on a A321? (a whole row missing in front of you) Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.