FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:32 am
jaxbill

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Flew on US 798 and US 799 this week to/from PHL-AMS. It was N938UW both ways. I think this is the US version of the plane and not ATA. From the front, it looked like version 4 on SeatGuru. This is the version without 5ABC or 6ABC. There was a lav at 5ABC and FA bench seat facing 7ABC. All three of the seat mapping sites showed different configurations. ExpertFlyer (for my flight numbers) showed that 5ABC existed but had the seats blocked.

I previously read that only the ATA version of this plane (N203UW-205UW) had this seating configuration. I wonder if they are all configured the same as of June 2013.

7A - I was originally in this seat but was able to move. The protruding slide is really bad. Especially with a passenger in 7B, I would take a regular coach seat over 7A any day. 7F appeared to be exactly the same.

7D - This seat was not bad at all. It appeared to have more leg room than a regular coach seat. With 6D reclined, it could be slightly cramped but not a major problem for me. I've read mixed reviews for 7D and perhaps they were based on the "other" TA configuration for the 752.

6D was great on my return flight as expected. It had storage under 5D and there was enough room to move my bag forward to use as a foot rest.