Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Hi All,
Used some AA points to book a no-status friend on PHL-GLA-PHL. Trying to pick seats on the usairways site but looking for some advice.

Outbound is in Y and not looking to pay the extra $87 for preferred seats. Looks like 10A or 14D are open (Dunno yet if she wants aisle or window). Pretty much just standard seats? Any IFE on these?

For return, I found a J award available so up'd it for her. Was that worth 20k miles? How does US TATL J on a 757 compare to the AA J 757, just so I can set her expectations?

I only see 2 full rows of J seats on the return seatmaps with row 3 only having A & C seats. 2 A/C/D and 3 A/C are open. Best seats?

Off-topic: Any good way to alert if outbound J award seats open up? I can't find US on ExpertFlyer.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: None
I'd take 10A. 23D is on the aisle so much easier to get out of if needed but is the first row in front of the mid-cabin lav so people will be coming/going to the lav and recline is limited.

There is IFE but the movie uses drop down screens in coach I think so everyone sees the same movie. If possible she should bring her own entertainment on a tablet or smartphone.

Jim
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
There is IFE but the movie uses drop down screens in coach I think so everyone sees the same movie. If possible she should bring her own entertainment on a tablet or smartphone.

Jim
However "J" class on this aircraft has in seat personal TVs with 100+ movie selections.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:20 am

Is it "in seat" or portable units that mount on the seat? I had understood, never having ridden either the TATL 757 or 767 in Busines, that both use the portable units.

Jim
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:39 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The US 757 and 767 have the portable units handed out by the F/A's after departure.

There are 3 rows, so if you're not seeing row 1 it's probably blocked from advance assignment. If there are no other choices, then you can call in for an assignment usually. Seat 3D is the crew rest seat, so if you put your friend in 3F they will sometimes have a pilot next to them and other times the seat will be empty. IMHO, 3F is great for someone traveling solo.

The seats are not angled lie flat, like on AA. They are the older style recliners with leg/foot rest. They aren't horrible, by any stretch, but they're a bit dated when comparing with the rest of the industry that's moved to lie flats. Still a good use of 20,000 points for the premium cabin.

Originally Posted by perseus11
However "J" class on this aircraft has in seat personal TVs with 100+ movie selections.
I don't think the portable units have 100+ selections. They have a decent number to keep one busy for a GLA-PHL flight, though.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Is it "in seat" or portable units that mount on the seat? I had understood, never having ridden either the TATL 757 or 767 in Busines, that both use the portable units.

Jim
Originally Posted by PHL
I don't think the portable units have 100+ selections. They have a decent number to keep one busy for a GLA-PHL flight, though.
Both the US 757 and 767s now use the same Samsung Galaxy Tablets and Bose QC15 headphones that are found on some AA flights. I do believe they have 100+ movies, shows, and music.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:52 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know. There was a time in history that AA handed out portable DVD players to passengers on long haul 767 routes. I was on EZE-JFK on a 767-300 where they gave us the DVD player and a big, thick binder of DVD movies to choose from. The setup was bulky and cumbersome, but I guess better than being forced to watch the big screen up front.....
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:56 pm

The evolution of inflight entertainment. Wired IFE > DVD players > tablets > WiFi (coming soon to a plane near you).

Jim
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Interesting situation.. somewhat worried..

Bought 6 F tkts on PHL-AUA flight.. All of us got assigned seats but one (my 3yo son no less). Now I know US doesn't oversell F but I wonder if they sold me the crew rest seat (which means its not really my seat)... When I called I was told they can see the seat available but unable to assign it, that when I do OLCI it should open up.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by rpk113
Interesting situation.. somewhat worried..

Bought 6 F tkts on PHL-AUA flight.. All of us got assigned seats but one (my 3yo son no less). Now I know US doesn't oversell F but I wonder if they sold me the crew rest seat (which means its not really my seat)... When I called I was told they can see the seat available but unable to assign it, that when I do OLCI it should open up.
Certain seats, such as the crew rest seat in 3D on the 757 and row 1, are not assignable in advance until OLCI at T24. Nothing to worry about, it's SOP.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:22 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a PHL-AUA flight I was on, the crew rest seat was utilized by the pilot(s) because the same crew that brings the plane down in the morning flies it back in the afternoon. The combined duty time of those legs (about 8 hours total) apparently requires the 3rd crew member to have an Envoy seat to rest.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Originally Posted by PHL
On a PHL-AUA flight I was on, the crew rest seat was utilized by the pilot(s) because the same crew that brings the plane down in the morning flies it back in the afternoon. The combined duty time of those legs (about 8 hours total) apparently requires the 3rd crew member to have an Envoy seat to rest.
so guess my original question exists.. can they boot me from that seat for crew? If I know this in advance does US have an obligation to rebook me?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by rpk113
so guess my original question exists.. can they boot me from that seat for crew? If I know this in advance does US have an obligation to rebook me?
How do you know that row 1 isn't available?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
US won't oversell F. If they sold you a seat in F, your child will have a seat in F that isn't the crew rest seat. Probably Row 1 isn't released for assignment yet.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
US won't oversell F. If they sold you a seat in F, your child will have a seat in F that isn't the crew rest seat. Probably Row 1 isn't released for assignment yet.
Actually I already did the row 1 thing.. we are assigned there. its just my son what doesn't have a seat.. so I'm just curious.. does US take into account crew rest when selling a seat? (i.e. if there are 12 seats to sell, do they only sell 11 if they know they need to stick a pilot in one?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.