Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
It used to be, yes. Doors 3L and 3R are there (as well as a lav in front of the exit).
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: USAir Chairman, Hilton Diamond
Also a newbie to the site and I have been searching for seating information for this flight. I am using my Chairman Envoy upgrade from PHL-DUB and back. (11/29-12/4) Will be the 757-200. Have flown DUB-PHL before but it was on a 767 with angle lie-flat seats. This flight will be the 757-200. (Version 4 according to seatguru since there is no 3D in envoy). Currently seated in 2C both directions. I see 3F is open on the return but seatguru says it has limited recline. Are these the same angle lie-flats as they have in the 767? Hoping someone out there can give me some guidance and advice for choosing some descent seats.
Thanks in advance for your time!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Sydfloyd
Also a newbie to the site and I have been searching for seating information for this flight. I am using my Chairman Envoy upgrade from PHL-DUB and back. (11/29-12/4) Will be the 757-200. Have flown DUB-PHL before but it was on a 767 with angle lie-flat seats. This flight will be the 757-200. (Version 4 according to seatguru since there is no 3D in envoy). Currently seated in 2C both directions. I see 3F is open on the return but seatguru says it has limited recline. Are these the same angle lie-flats as they have in the 767? Hoping someone out there can give me some guidance and advice for choosing some descent seats.
Thanks in advance for your time!
Welcome to FT!
757 seats are not lie-flat
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Sydfloyd
Also a newbie to the site and I have been searching for seating information for this flight.!
Welcome to Flyertalk Sydfloyd!

I moved your question (and a response) to our dedicated thread on the US 757 (European version).

Thanks!

aztimm
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: None
As already said, the 757 Envoy seats are not lie flat, either on a slant or horizontal. They used the old A330 Envoy seats for the 757 when US started flying it TATL. They recline more than domestic FC - about 60 degrees IIRC - but definitely aren't lie flat. Also, the IFE uses portable players which can be good or bad. Good that you can hold them in any position you want but bad that they have to be held or mounted on an arm that comes out of the armrest. I believe that there is also one less entree choice - 2 vs 3 on 767/330 - due to more limited galley space.

Jim
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
If possible, call and try to move to row 1. It has more room then the rest of the seats.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
They recline more than domestic FC - about 60 degrees IIRC - but definitely aren't lie flat. ... I believe that there is also one less entree choice - 2 vs 3 on 767/330 - due to more limited galley space.
Just did a PHL-GLA trip last weekend on the 757. 60 degree recline is correct. Though, we actually had four meal choices in each direction (beef, chicken, seafood, vegetarian).
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:22 am

They've obviously added choices.

*** Added ***
After looking it up, it seems that they're boarding the same number of Envoy entrees but have fewer of each - 22 entres for 11 or 12 seats. Under the old scheme, every Envoy passenger (or nearly so) had a choice between the two, but under the newer scheme they could run out of an entree after the first 5-6 passengers made selections and the last 5-6 may not get a choice. Hopefully they've researched which type of entree has the most demand, the 2nd most, etc and split the 22 up appropriately.

Jim

Last edited by BoeingBoy; Oct 17, 2013 at 11:21 am
Old Oct 18, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
After looking it up, it seems that they're boarding the same number of Envoy entrees but have fewer of each - 22 entres for 11 or 12 seats. Under the old scheme, every Envoy passenger (or nearly so) had a choice between the two, but under the newer scheme they could run out of an entree after the first 5-6 passengers made selections and the last 5-6 may not get a choice. Hopefully they've researched which type of entree has the most demand, the 2nd most, etc and split the 22 up appropriately.

Jim
Interesting. In the US (I believe) they only board the exact number of meals as there are seats in F. Is this not the case on intl flights with envoy?

I have always been able to get my first choice for my primary meal when I'm in envoy, but the second meal has run out of my first choice (though they did grab a panini from the back when I asked).
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:40 pm

Envoy on the 767/330 has a lot more galley space to store meals. The 757 has the same galley space whether Envoy or domestic FC. Back when there were only 2 entrees on the 757 there were enough (22) for nearly everyone to have a choice. 22 broken down to 4 entrees means that there aren't enough for that.

Jim
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by tacostuff
Interesting. In the US (I believe) they only board the exact number of meals as there are seats in F. Is this not the case on intl flights with envoy?

I have always been able to get my first choice for my primary meal when I'm in envoy, but the second meal has run out of my first choice (though they did grab a panini from the back when I asked).
In F the number of meals = number of passengers. So if the FA has an accident and drops a meal its rock paper scissors for who is left hungry.

On an envoy flight they have enough meals to cover the seat capacity of the aircraft plus a meal for each of the crew members working the flight so that works out to the following 332 40, 333 32, 767 27, 752 21. Beef and chicken selections are usually the majority percentage and then a few pasta and fish choices. It's not very often that in Envoy they won't have your first selection - BUT if it keeps you up at night; request a special meal
Old Oct 25, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
I have tickets on one of the US B757-200 ETOPS. We are seated in row 6, D and F. Is there overhead storage in this row since it is an emergency row exit?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:27 pm

Generally where there are door exits there's no OHB space but exit windows have OHB space. I think row 6 is the first coach row behind a door (door 2L/R) so no OHB space in the doorway. Keep in mind that OHB's can extend to over the seat, just not into the door opening.

Jim
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:53 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The US 757-200 (European version) [master thread]

6Df are my favorite coach seats on this bird. I never had a problem stowing bags, and you can also stow things under the seat in front of you (which is about 3-4 feet away)
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by PHL
6Df are my favorite coach seats on this bird. I never had a problem stowing bags, and you can also stow things under the seat in front of you (which is about 3-4 feet away)
I'm flying with my wife in March CLT-PHL-AMS and we are booked in seats 6D and 6F. How are these seats with respect to traffic around the lav? I would think there could be a noise issue on the TATL overnight flight. Also, are the tray tables in the arm rest? Are the seats comfortable enough to sleep in? TIA for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.