Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:28 pm

Delete

Last edited by lunchtime; Aug 1, 2022 at 3:13 pm
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Tracking is one issue. A few of us have had other issues that the above don't have anything to do with - My orders were getting canceled at the vendor side, but properly tracking and posting. Go figure.
Agreed but that’s a different problem than most complaints on here. Some merchants do have limits to number of transactions. Also some security teams at all merchants will block activity they take as suspicious using whatever criteria they decide. If you call the merchant your cc number might be black listed and flagged as a risk.
Antarius likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
LPs from cancelled offers do not appear to be removed. Miles are. This appears to be a bug on AA's end; when they process the reversal they do not subtract the LP. It's possible that they are aware of it, are working on a fix, and will retroactively remove them at some point, so rely on them at your own risk. I have about 5k LPs from cancelled orders.
Gotcha. I'm not counting on them, I just don't want to get stuck in some audit or fraud hell for trying to buy things properly.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:30 am

Some of the transactions were reversed for no reason after couple of weeks

Some of my transactions were reversed for no reasons after couple of weeks. Google Chrome is dedicated for AA eshopping ONLY.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Illinwu
Some of my transactions were reversed for no reasons after couple of weeks. Google Chrome is dedicated for AA eshopping ONLY.
I'm sure there's a reason. File a ticket and find out what it is.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:21 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Motley Fool Millionacres

Aadvantage Shopping currently has a 7400 signup bonus for MotleyFool's Millionacres / Real Estate Winners. Am I eligible for this if I already received the Motley Fool bonus?

It's $250 for 7400 miles which is about 3.3 cents per mile. Are there any stackable discounts for Real Estate Winners that would bring the cost per mile down?

I can pay some business bills through Plastiq or Melio for 3 cents per mile, so pretty much a wash.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ymx
Aadvantage Shopping currently has a 7400 signup bonus for MotleyFool's Millionacres / Real Estate Winners. Am I eligible for this if I already received the Motley Fool bonus?

It's $250 for 7400 miles which is about 3.3 cents per mile. Are there any stackable discounts for Real Estate Winners that would bring the cost per mile down?

I can pay some business bills through Plastiq or Melio for 3 cents per mile, so pretty much a wash.
$250 for 7400 is pretty expensive.

Rocketmiles can get you 1000 miles for $25-30 with far less uncertainty.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Any success getting AA miles for Marriott bonvoy bookings using the Eshopping portal?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by zip10001
Any success getting AA miles for Marriott bonvoy bookings using the Eshopping portal?
Sure, but the better deals are usually the rocketmiles and similar portals.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Is there a primer somewhere on how the Rocketmiles strategy works? I have tried clicking through a couple teams and have only found very dismal deals.
SuraBoy likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:56 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Is there a primer somewhere on how the Rocketmiles strategy works? I have tried clicking through a couple teams and have only found very dismal deals.
Earning loyalty points on hotels
Mr. BoH likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
Sure, but the better deals are usually the rocketmiles and similar portals.
I think I might prefer 4x from aadvantage plus earning Marriott points and stay credit, status benefits, etc, I wish the eshopping site had Hyatt.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by murphy
I think I might prefer 4x from aadvantage plus earning Marriott points and stay credit, status benefits, etc,
Where do you get 4x on Marriott plus stay credit, etc.? Are you referring to the occasional bump up from 1x at the AA shopping portal?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by econ
Where do you get 4x on Marriott plus stay credit, etc.? Are you referring to the occasional bump up from 1x at the AA shopping portal?
Yes, they’ve been running pretty frequently.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Is there any consensus on approximately how long it takes Marriott stays to post if they're going to post correctly (i.e., sans the prodding and bickering with Cartera)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.