Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Awesome. The wiki on this page should be updated.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Best Dell.com or LG.com multipliers

Does anyone have data points on LG.com or Dell.com multipliers? Dell is currently 4x and LG is 3x. I need to make a relatively large purchase in the next few weeks and would be happy to wait if either of them typically go higher. Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by njvandy
Does anyone have data points on LG.com or Dell.com multipliers? Dell is currently 4x and LG is 3x. I need to make a relatively large purchase in the next few weeks and would be happy to wait if either of them typically go higher. Thanks
Check out https://www.cashbackmonitor.com/

You can search by company name, from which you will find a link for "View Best Rate History"
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:54 am

For Dell, you will see separate entries for Dell Consumer, Dell Tech, and so on, so you'll have to search for just "Dell" and then check a few different results to see the history.
njvandy and Antarius like this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:13 am

I've seen Dell go like 6 or 8x, but it's most commonly at 4x. If you can wait without risk of your items being sold out, maybe over black friday it'll go higher.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:48 am

FWIW I've had terrible luck with Dell posting on time. It feels like to them, a large purchase = a business purchase and therefore they refuse to credit points.
coolbeans202 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
GC.com promo came in email today, BFVIP, listed as $5 off $100 visa virtual.... However I applied it to a $350 purchase + fees and checked out at $344.40. It's also tracking on the portal and with an email.
airb330 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:06 pm

I placed a large order with iRobot.com >$5K @ 11x points and the same with Saks 5th avenue. How long do they normally take to post?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jason Story
I placed a large order with iRobot.com >$5K @ 11x points and the same with Saks 5th avenue. How long do they normally take to post?
Gosh man how many dogs do you have?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Jason Story
In reading through this thread, it varies greatly. In my experience, small orders generally post within a week.
I am still waiting, and sending follow-up emails, for a 5K order to Samsung on 10/6.
My wife just got 1500 points from a Macys order back in June (she had to send multiple emails).
My takeaway from this forum thread is to be cautiously optimistic, and patient.... which I am doing my best to be
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ned13
Gosh man how many dogs do you have?
I was wondering the same thing. That's a lot of roombas.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I recently got several Mastercards as part of the sale and am not able to make them work with Paypal. They authenticate fine on Paypal, but the processing fails saying invalid code. Never had this issue using Visa egift cards.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts?
777lover and SuraBoy like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Couple giftcards.com data points to share:
1. The BFVIP code seems to actually be 5% off, not $5 off $100
2. It seems to be tracking fine through cartera.
3. I did get an error message eventually of "You have already met your spending limit on virtual gifts for the day". New to me. Not sure if it is a new limit or I just never bought enough before to trigger it.
nk15 and AirricK11 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ned13
FWIW I've had terrible luck with Dell posting on time. It feels like to them, a large purchase = a business purchase and therefore they refuse to credit points.
I've also had terrible luck with Dell posting on time. It took well over 90 days for a July purchase to post and another purchase I'm anticipating another purchase from Dell two weeks ago will also take a long time. I emailed in on the first purchase but I'm going to let the second one go until the 90 day mark and see what happens (there is fine print that the vendor won't look until after 90 days have passed). Of note, both of these were technically Dell Technologies.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Couple giftcards.com data points to share:
1. The BFVIP code seems to actually be 5% off, not $5 off $100
2. It seems to be tracking fine through cartera.
3. I did get an error message eventually of "You have already met your spending limit on virtual gifts for the day". New to me. Not sure if it is a new limit or I just never bought enough before to trigger it.
How much did you buy to hit that limit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.