Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 12:07 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I remember the crab cakes from last cycle... If I recall, they were overly-salted every time I had time. And they had this "cream sauce" that was basically watery and salty with little flavor.

I had the chicken with mango "salsa" recently. I thought it was good. The rice and beans tasted like they were cooked with their standard enchilada sauce. The sauce on the side was billed as a "habenero mango salsa"...good flavors - a little sweet, a little spicy.
Old May 4, 2009, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Is FEBO followed on all longhaul flights or is it hit or miss?
Old May 4, 2009, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by riteshraja
In my experience, it is followed on all flights that feature a meal choice, but only for the main meal entree - so ultra-longhaul flights featuring two or three meals will use FEBO for the main meal only.

Last week was the first time in a long time that I can remember that the FAs neglected to follow FEBO, on a BOS-LAX lunch flight. I was in row 6 of the 757 and the FA began taking meal preferences from the front.

I figured there'd be problems when the FA began her boarding announcement with "rollaboards will fit in the bins on the DEF side wheels first" and "if you're in a bulkhead row, which is row 3 or 7 . . . " Both of those, of course, refer to MD-80s. Turns out she was a recently-recalled, rusty ex-TWA FA who didn't immediately notice she was boarding a 757. Fortunately, my meal choice was still available.
Old May 5, 2009, 3:25 am

AA 98 ORD-LHR Business Class May 2009

American Airlines
AA 98 ORD-LHR
Business Class
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8QbNHDNy5bqNTw
Wine List
Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Joseph Drouhin Rully Chardonnay
Groom Lenswood Sauvignon Blanc 2008, Adelaide Hills, Australia

Red Wines
Fontanafredda Barbera Briccotondo 2004
Wattle Creek Shiraz, Alexander Valley

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham’s Vintage Port 1999

Late Night Supper
Thank you for choosing American Airlines.
It is our pleasure to offer you a variety of dining options on today’s flight. Select from a flexible menu especially designed for our premium late night Supper service.

To Start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Dining Service
Please customize your meal from the following options:
Soup
A delicious shiitake mushroom broth flavored with lemongrass and green onions

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens with tomatoes, yellow peppers, cucumbers and sliced Cajun-style chicken breast offered with Sapori d’Arte Olive Oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course
Beef Fillet
Grilled fillet of beef featured with a ratatouille sauce, cauliflower gratin and a medley of baby vegetables

Chipotle Shrimp
Orange barbecue chipotle shrimp served with sautéed haricots verts, roasted peppers and basmati rice with corn

Stuffed Lasagna Roll
Tender lasagna pasta stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, topped with a creamy tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella

Fruit and Cheese plate
A gourmet cheese plate featuring basil caciotta, white cheddar and cambozola presented with strawberries, grapes, walnuts and dried apricots

Dessert
Vanilla ice cream with chocolate cookie dough and caramel swirls, served with white peach puree and honey nut crunch topping

Basil caciotta and white cheddar cheese accompanied by seasonal grapes

To Finish
Ghiradelli Chocolate

Breakfast
Selection From
Chilled orange juice
Fresh Seasonal Fruit
A three-cheese omelette served with saffron onions and sausage potato hash
Yogurt
Cereal

Breakfast Breads
Assortment of warm breads

Express Breakfast
Served 45 minutes prior to landing to allow you to sleep as long as possible.
Warm breakfast breads, seasonal fruit and your choice of beverage

Pre-Arrival Beverage
Chilled sparkling water with a fresh citrus garnish

5/09
3Cls, Business, ORD-LHR, Late Night Supper – Hot Breakfast
73PM183 210C019-2B
Old May 5, 2009, 3:26 am

AA 145 BOS-LAX Dinner May 2009

I assume this will be the May menu for all first class dinner flights from Boston to LAX/SFO...

That crab cakes were horrible... I took a bite and that is it! It was so smelly and just plain disgusting. I had the United version which is much better.

American Airlines
AA 145
Boston to Los Angeles
May 2009
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8QbNHDNy5bqNXg

Avoid the crab cake at all costs! When you think “Chicken Fried Steak” is bad news, Crab cakes is even worse than anyone’s imagination.

Wine and Beverages
Sparkling Wine
Scudo di Corte Prosecco

White Wines
Foris Oregon Pinto Gris
Montevina Chardonnay

Red Wines
Buena Vista Carneros Pinot Noir
Murphy-Goode Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Dining Services
Thank you for choosing American Airlines. It is our pleasure to offer you a variety of dining options on today’s flight. We invite you to experience new menu items we call American Classics: where comfort meets gourmet.

To Start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Appetizer
Prosciutto garnished with Parmesan cheese, served with cantaloupe puree

Salad
A combination salad featuring fresh seasonal greens offered with sour cream and herb dressing or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar and accompanied by a mozzarella, cherry tomato and fresh basil salad

Bread Basket
Assorted Gourmet Breads

Main Course
Crab Cakes
Crab Cakes accented by a white wine cream sauce, with roasted red peppers and grilled asparagus

Cheese Tortellini with Romano sauce
Homemade tortellini stuffed with three cheeses, topped with tomato, mushroom and mozzarella sauce, Parmesan cheese and parsley

Dessert
Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal fruit toppings, whipped cream and pecans
Or
Fruit and cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

To Finish
Ghiradelli Chocolate

Light Refreshment
Freshly baked on board, OtisSpunkmeyer cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
For your enjoyment

5/09
2 Cls, First, Dinner – Snack
73PM009 73PM188 203T003-1A 3
Old May 5, 2009, 3:27 am

AA 109 LHR-BOS Business Class May 2009

American Airlines
Business Class
London Heathrow to Boston Logan
(Apply to all LHR to East coast destinations Boeing 767 flight)
May 2009
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8QbNHDNy5bqNVo

Wine List
Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Joseph Drouhin St. Veran, Burgundy
Groom Lenswood Sauvignon Blanc 2008, Adelaide Hills, Australia

Red Wines
Fontanafredda Barbera Briccotondo
Wattle Creek Shiraz, Alexander Valley

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham’s Vintage Port

Dining Service

To Start
Warmed Mixed Nuts
Or
Marinated cheese antipasto

Appetizer
Grilled scallops, hot-smoked salmon and grilled shrimp served with a marinated roasted vegetable salad

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with roasted red pepper dressing or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads offered with butter or Sapori d’Arte olive oil

Main Course
Beef Fillet
Grilled fillet of beef in a tomato almond sauce, offered with mixed vegetables and broccoli mashed potatoes

Roasted Chicken
Roasted chicken breast served with bordelaise sauce, sautéed Swiss chard, carrots and truffle celeriac puree

Fillet of Salmon
Seared fillet of salmon accented by an herb butter sauce, offered with blanched asparagus and spring onion mashed potatoes

Mushroom Girasole
Sunflower-shaped pasta filled with mushrooms, enhanced by a Portobello mushroom and pesto cream sauce and grated Parmesan cheese

Dine Upon Request
You may choose one of the featured entrees to be served with an appetizer and desert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert
Ice cream sundae
Ben and Jerry’s vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonable berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

A selection of gourmet cheeses
Offered with flavorful dried fruit and assorted crackers

To Finish
Assorted Lindt chocolates

Light Meal
Select From
Uno’s Farmer’s Market Pizza
A Chicago-style deep dish pizza topped with mixed vegetables and a three cheese blend, served with basil pesto and a fresh green salad
Or
Asian-style Chicken
Soy seared breast of chicken served chilled over grilled pineapple with Asian slaw and sweet and sour sesame dressing

Dessert
Fresh Fruit or cookies, freshly baked on board

Pre-Arrival Beverage
For your enjoyment

5/09
2Cls, Business, LHR-NE, Lunch/Dinner – Snack
73PM245 211C018-2B
Old May 5, 2009, 5:31 am

Programs: AA Plat
ugh...the lasagna roll reappears...
Old May 5, 2009, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, MR PLT
Originally Posted by FWAAA
In my experience, it is followed on all flights that feature a meal choice, but only for the main meal entree - so ultra-longhaul flights featuring two or three meals will use FEBO for the main meal only.

Last week was the first time in a long time that I can remember that the FAs neglected to follow FEBO, on a BOS-LAX lunch flight. I was in row 6 of the 757 and the FA began taking meal preferences from the front.

I figured there'd be problems when the FA began her boarding announcement with "rollaboards will fit in the bins on the DEF side wheels first" and "if you're in a bulkhead row, which is row 3 or 7 . . . " Both of those, of course, refer to MD-80s. Turns out she was a recently-recalled, rusty ex-TWA FA who didn't immediately notice she was boarding a 757. Fortunately, my meal choice was still available.
I wonder how many people have missed out on their meal selection when FEBO is followed but there are two FAs serving food? I was on a flight DFW-MCO recently and was in row 3. Two FAs were serving food, with one starting with Row 1 and the other with Row 4. By the time the forward FA got to me, I had taken the last of the hot meals and the person sitting next to me had to take the cereal.
Old May 20, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Does anyone know what the current offers are from Europe in J?

Edit: Never mind. I didn't notice Carfield's post above.

Last edited by paulmcgrath; May 20, 2009 at 4:50 pm
Old May 20, 2009, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by riteshraja

DFW -EZE last wednesday, 10 pax in a 37 seats J cabin, and a FA who looked unfit to serve <redacted>
It's an odd flight number (997) and of course she starts at the front. I was in the back (on purpose, I had no idea the flight would be empty), walk up and nicely remind her of FEBO. The purser overhears it, rushes in, and makes a fuss to the poor girl, who of course starts fighting tears back.

The purser then comes see me and explains that the girl did it to be nice to a passenger on whose pants she had poured a bottle of champagne...

The food and service were inept but it beats a bad movie as IFE...

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 8, 2009 at 2:56 pm Reason: purely political commentary redacted
Old May 20, 2009, 11:36 pm

ORD-DEL J Menu May 14 2009

Last edited by riteshraja; May 23, 2009 at 10:15 pm Reason: ed: clarify J
Old May 21, 2009, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
AA168 NRT-JFK 15 May 2009 - J class
After flying CX and JL on several sectors receiving pre-departure drinks in J class in plastic glasses was the first shock. Needless to say by the time I was served dinner (4 rows from the back of cabin) of the 3 meal choices only 1 was available! How does AA seem to costantly manage to get it so wrong?
Old May 22, 2009, 11:23 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Lunch LAX-BOS?

Can someone please advise what is currently being served on AA 264 LAX-BOS for lunch? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Free Agent
Originally Posted by aw
Can someone please advise what is currently being served on AA 264 LAX-BOS for lunch? Thanks.
Your choice of
1) Goat Cheese Sandwich
2) Antipasto Plate

CookieDough Icecream sundaes (about 6 loaded)
Old May 22, 2009, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Carfield
That crab cakes were horrible... I took a bite and that is it! It was so smelly and just plain disgusting. I had the United version which is much better.
I have to agree. It was just terrible, soggy and mushy..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.