Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Dia HH
That is the same menu I had from MXP-JFK this month. Had the beef, wasn't too bad, though it sure did have a lot of sausage inside. Though, our plating was different; they plated everything on real plates, not the bowls that it looked like you had.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by tom911
I had that as my "dine on request" meal JFK-LHR last week, though it's one of those rare times I did not care for the curry and ate around it. PHOTO

Looks yummy though
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The thread has been appropriated as the 2009 consolidated menu thread - that will make it easier for members to find menus and to discuss them. Thanks to tom911 for starting it and posting photos!

/Moderator
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA 2MM,Marriott, Hilton
Just arrived at DFW from FRA today and we had the same food options. Not sure about the wine selections.

Original thread / post title: Meals from Frankfurt

I had another Darren McGrady dish yesterday (wasn't he the Royal Chef that also gave us oatmeal-crusted pork?) and have to say I enjoyed it. The menu has changed again and the meal options were:

Beef Roulade (featured dish)
Rack of Lamb
Roasted Chicken
Pasta (gnocchi)

Also had a different champagne than the Pommery I've been accustomed to this year: Champagne Martel Prestige Brut

The wine choices were:
Chateau du Seuil Graves Blanc, Bordeaux
Regatta Chardonnay, Russian River Valley
Chateau Lynch-Moussas
Chapoutier Coteaux du tricastin Rouge, Rhone

Excellent service throughout the 9+ hour flight.

PHOTOS of my meal HERE.

Are other FTers seeing the same meals from other European departure cities?

Had the good fortune to run into Deltahater and weinskkb at the ORD FL on the way home, but not a lot of time to chat due to a short connection.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: Various
ORD-DUB J

Dinner (based off of memory):

Beef Filet (not to be confused with Roulade)
Lamb Medallions in a marrionberry sauce
Shrimp/Scallops with Indian Curry Rice
Pasta/Filled Gnocchi

I chose the Lamb and would certainly do it again, as it was one of the better entrees I can remember being served. Grilled shrimp and cold smoked salmon w/ remoulade for starter, and sundaes or cheese and crackers for dessert.

Breakfast

Pepper Jack omelet with spicy sausage and hash brown timbale
Cereal or Yogurt option
both came with croissant and small side of fresh fruit

DUB-ORD J

Lunch

Rack of Lamb
Beef Roulade (not to be confused with filet)
Roasted Chicken
Rigatoni Pasta

I chose Beef Roulade, and sorry to say it was quite salty, and not that appetizing. Weird combination!! Neighbor had the Rigatoni, which looked really dry, and I think she ate two bites. First course was hot smoked salmon with scallops, shrimp, and vegetable salad starter, and sundaes or fruit/cheese for dessert.

Pre-arrival Snack

(Infamous) Veggie Pizza
Cold Teriyaki Chicken Plate with Asian Slaw

Fresh Fruit cups for dessert

I will add that this was quite alot of food to offer on this flight, I declined some items, but then again doing a MR can throw off sleep/meal schedule.

Last edited by Robt760; Feb 23, 2009 at 1:55 pm
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Some mid-February DFW-LHR and return Business Class offerings

AA 78, Boeing 767-323ER, Lv DFW 1925, Ar LHR 1035 next day.

WINE and BEVERAGES LIST

Pommery Brut Champagne

Joseph Drouhin St. Véran, Burgundy
Val do Sosego Albariño

Freemark Abbey Napa Valley Merlot
Chamarré Grande Reserve Pinot Noir

Emilio Lustau Sherry
Graham's Vintage Port

Bloody Mary
Screwdiver

SKYY Vodka
Beefeater Dry Gin
Bacardí Rum
Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch
Jim Beam Black Bourbon
Canadian Club Blended Whiskey
Dewar's White Label Scotch Whiskey
Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey

Heineken, Amstel Light and "select U. S. Beers"

Di Saronno Amaretto
Baileys Irish Cream
Kahlúa
Courvoisier VSOP Fine Champagne Cognac

Carbonated beverages
American Airlines premium blend regular and decaffeinated coffee
Tea
Fruit Juices
Milk

DINING SERVICE

To Start:
Warm mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans, pistachio in order of presence)
Marinated cheese antipasto

Appetizer:
Smoked salmon and herb marinated shrimp

Salad: Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with pepper cream dressing or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Bread Basket: Assorted gourmet breads offered with butter or Sapori d'Arte olive oil (but olive oil was not offered this flight.)

Main Course:

Beef Filet (Fillet of beef served with a Gorgonzola mushroom sauce, blanched green beans and mashed potatoes with turnips.

Lamb Medallions: Lamb medallions offered with marionberry glaze, roasted butternut squash, haricots verts (instead of blanched green beans? ) and mushroom risotto.

Shrimp and Scallops: Seasoned shrimp and scallops accompanied by an East Indian curry sauce, served with aromatic jasmine rice and vegetable ratatouille. ("A signature Cindy Huston dish. May we suggest a glass of Joseph Drouhin St. Véran Burgundy to complement this entrée. Enjoy its fresh citrus, apple fruit and crisp texture.)

Four Cheese Ravioli with Tomato Cream Sauce: Ravioli filled with four cheeses, complemented by tomato cream sauce, sautéed onions and freshly chopped garlic.

Dine Upon Request: You may choose any of the featured entrées to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert: Ice cream sundae - Bryer's Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans.

Basil caciotta and white cheddar cheese accompanied by seasonal grapes.

To Finish: Assoted Lindt chocolates.

BREAKFAST

Chilled orange juice
Fresh seasonal fruit (strawberries, cantaloupe and honeydew melon)
Pepper jack cheese omelette with a cheddar cheese sour cream potato timbale and turkey sausage flavored with sun-dried tomato and basil.
Yogurt
Cereal

Breakfast Breads:
An assortment of warm breads (croissants and "Danish" pastries, iirc)

Express Breakfast: (Served 45 minutes prior to landing to allow you to sleep as long as possible.) Warm breakfast breads, seasonal fruit and your choice of beverage.

PRE-ARRIVAL BEVERAGE: Chilled sparkling water with fresh citrus garnish.

(I can't comment on much of this - I had a light pre-departure supper and enjoyed a glass of Pinot Noir with grapes and the cheese before going to sleep, and I had fruit and cereal for breakfast.)

AA 51, Boeing 777-223ER, Lv LHR 0955, Ar DFW 1425.

WINE and BEVERAGES LIST

<exactly as described previously>

DINING SERVICE

To Start:
Warm mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans, pistachio in order of presence)

Appetizer:
Apple-soy marinated beef served with horseradish cream and thin (undercooked) potatoes.

Salad: Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with pepper cream dressing or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Bread Basket: Assorted gourmet breads.

Main Course:

Beef Roulade (Braised beef tenderloin filled with sausage, offered with a red wine portobello sauce, glazed carrots and Normandy-style potatoes. (A signature Darren McGrady dish. May we suggest a glass of Freemark Abbey Napa Valley Merlot to complement this éentre. Enjoy its generous berry flavors.)

Rack of Lamb: Garlic rack of lamb with rosemary Merlot sauce, haricots verts, tomatoes and a rösti potato cake.

Roasted Chicken: Roasted chicken breast served with bordelaise sauce, sautéed Swiss chard, carrots and truffle celeriac puree.

Pasta: Gnocchi stuffed with a rich pecorino cream filling.

Dine Upon Request: You may choose any of the featured entrées to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert: a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream
or
A selection of gourmet cheeses offered with seasonal fruit and assorted crackers. (Seemed exactly identical to that offered on AA78.)

To Finish: Assorted Lindt chocolates.

MID-FLIGHT SNACK

A selection of gourmet cheeses offered with seasonal fruit and assorted crackers. (Seemed exactly identical to that offered on AA78.)
or

Assorted snack items are also available.

LIGHT MEAL

Select from
Uno's Farmer's Market Pizza - A Chicago-style deep dish pizza topped with mixed vegetables and a three cheese blend, served with basil pesto and fresh green salad.

Asian-style chicken - Sou seared breast of chicken served chilled over grilled pineapple with Asian slaw and sweet and sour sesame dressing.

Dessert: Lemon tart (IMO pretty good, as it was sweet-tart.)

PRE-ARRIVAL BEVERAGE: Chilled sparkling water with fresh citrus garnish.

The lamb seemed quite bland, overcooked and fatty; not as good as from FRA, BRU or ZRH, when it has on occasion been quite decent. The chicken was gone after orders were taken from the first FEBO (last) row. The pizza was quite doughy. The grapes and cheese were my choices for snack or dessert.

N.B. "Entrée" as used in this menu reflects American English usage, meaning "main course" and not appetizer or starter.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 23, 2009 at 2:17 pm Reason: typoes!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Forgot to take my menu with me after DUB-ORD today, but choices were the same as Tom had from FRA and JDiver from LHR.

Beef Roulade (featured dish)
Rack of Lamb
Roasted Chicken
Pasta (gnocchi)
Some pics below:

http://www.paulmcgrath.info/travel/photos/P2270011.JPG
grilled scallops, hot-smoked salmon and grilled shrimp served with a marinated roasted vegetable salad

http://www.paulmcgrath.info/travel/photos/P2270012.JPG
fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with roasted red pepper dressing

http://www.paulmcgrath.info/travel/photos/P2270013.JPG
rack of lamb

http://www.paulmcgrath.info/travel/photos/P2270014.JPG
Ben and Jerry's vanilla ice cream, with fudge, whipped cream and nuts.

http://www.paulmcgrath.info/travel/photos/P2270017.JPG
In-flight snack. Choice was between the ono-pizza or Asian Chicken with Thai Slaw.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by paulmcgrath
http://www.paulmcgrath.info/travel/photos/P2270014.JPG
Ben and Jerry's vanilla ice cream, with fudge, whipped cream and nuts.
No Baileys with yours?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
No Baileys with yours?
Wasn't really in the mood for it that early! The wine did me fine, put me to sleep for an hour or two.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Robt760
ORD-DUB J
I chose the Lamb [medallions] and would certainly do it again, as it was one of the better entrees I can remember being served. Grilled shrimp and cold smoked salmon w/ remoulade for starter, and sundaes or cheese and crackers for dessert.........
Do you like your lamb cooked well-done? Or maybe you actually got your lamb medium? Mine was horribly overcooked at medium-well. I guess I should have known it would happen. The shrimp and scallop curry, on the other smelled and looked appetizing when it was being served.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:14 pm

New March DUB-ORD menu highlights:

White and Red wines changed. For the red wines the new The Colonial Estate "Explorateur" Shiraz was pretty good. The menu touts that the wine got 95 points from Robert Parker.

Main dishes:

Lamb Raan
Leg of lamb in a spicy marinade, served with a red bell pepper stuffed with basmti rice, mozzarella, bacon and zucchini.

Roasted Chicken
Savory herbes de Provence roasted breast of chicken and grilled eggplant confit served with orzo pasta, sauteed yellow peppers and cilantro cream sauce

Fillet of Salmon
Seared of Salmon accented by an herb butter sauce, offered with blanched asparagus and spring onion mashed potatoes.

Penne Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes
A blend of tomatoes, basil, black olives and mozzarella cheese served over penne pasta with a parmesan and creamy goat cheese tomato sauce.

And the biggest change (to me) is that the ice cream was Ben & Jerrys, but the vanilla was not nearly as creamy/sweet/vanilla tasting as Breyers. Maybe they used low fat or the non fat version? ugh. Horrible.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
No Baileys with yours?
enough with the Bailey's... horrible stuff. Graham's port or some cognac is much better after that sundae!

(p.s. paulmcgrath is givin' you a run for your money with his photos)
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Can anyone post the current J/F Japanese menus?

AA.com is, as usual behind, and still features the winter Japanese menus which were scheduled to expire at the end of February. So, does anyone have the current Japanese meal menus in J/F to/from Narita? Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: American Airlines
Hands down--the worst food ever

Returning from Boston to SFO on Monday, the Aangels hatched the chicken fried steak. I thought my shoe had been taken. The foulest thing I have ever encountered (food wise) in my 6.2million mile relationship with AA. Imagine a batter-coated deepo fried meat frisbee--get it?
DO NOT REQUEST THE CHICKEN FRIED STEAK.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 8:38 am

Unfortunately, the first time around, I chose the lasagna roll which I found to be a mishmash of pasta and cheesy bits.

Both the lasagna and steak options sucked.

In February, at least there were three options on the menu.

I guess I'll find out today what the April menu looks like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.