Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Thanks for linking the photos, Carfield. (But I just threw up in my mouth.)
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:45 pm

Programs: Various
The best part about the menu from March was the Westside Red from the wine selections.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:07 am

Programs: AA Plat
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Originally Posted by Robt760
The best part about the menu from March was the Westside Red from the wine selections.
I agree. It reminded me of a simple Barbera d'Alba. On the April menu it is replaced with a subpar pinot noir.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
April Transcon F menus

BOS-LAX in particular tomorrow night. My experience last month was the chicken fried steak was offered everywhere I flew (nobody would order it a second time?) The odd deconstructed lasagna was weird too, though marginally better.

It's hard to imagine two worse entrees. Are April's options any better?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:38 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11514720-post70.html

N.B. THIS thread now...

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 8, 2009 at 5:26 pm Reason: add last line
Old Apr 9, 2009, 2:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Bostom
Are April's options any better?
On the 1pm SFO-BOS this past Monday the options were chicken pot pie or a roast beef panini, and on this evening's BOS-SFO cheese ravioli or corned beef with cabbage and potatoes (which was actually pretty good, served in a bowl). Have photos but not ready to add them yet.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 10:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Old Apr 10, 2009, 3:25 am

Programs: DL DM
<redacted links to tom911's photos inserted directly above>

Ugh. I'm booked on these flights next month. Why is it so heavy? The last few times I flew AA F, choices were lighter and actually pretty satisfying -- a good chicken dish on a r/t to Hawai'i, a decent salmon SFO-DFW, and a decent chicken dish ORD-SFO. What's up with these heavy sandwiches and meat dishes? Is this what people really want?

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 8, 2009 at 2:55 pm
Old May 3, 2009, 1:46 pm

May menus to/from BOS

Anyone fly BOS-SFO, SFO-BOS yet in May (or any other transcon to/from BOS) and have/ remember the menu?

Thanks.
Old May 3, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Dinner out of BOS is crab cakes or cheese tortellini, along with a prosciutto appetizer.

Out of LAX, I believe the French toast has been replaced with scrambled eggs and beef hash. I don't think the cereal will ever go away.
Old May 3, 2009, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
Flt. #150 SFO-BOS Red-eye

Choice of Fruit and Cheese plate, Cold Salmon Salad or Soup ( Chicken with vegetables )

Flt. #183 BOS-SFO 9am Departure

Choice of Whole Wheat French Toast or Special K cereal with fruit and yogurt.
Old May 4, 2009, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by sukn
Dinner out of BOS is crab cakes or cheese tortellini, along with a prosciutto appetizer.

Out of LAX, I believe the French toast has been replaced with scrambled eggs and beef hash. I don't think the cereal will ever go away.
This dinner out of BOS this month actually sounds like it could be good. Was it?

Originally Posted by aa767flyer
Flt. #150 SFO-BOS Red-eye

Choice of Fruit and Cheese plate, Cold Salmon Salad or Soup ( Chicken with vegetables )

Flt. #183 BOS-SFO 9am Departure

Choice of Whole Wheat French Toast or Special K cereal with fruit and yogurt.
Thank you.
Old May 4, 2009, 5:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by sukn
Originally Posted by AGSF
This dinner out of BOS this month actually sounds like it could be good. Was it?
I haven't actually tried the tortellini this month, but it looked like a regular mid-con pasta entree. The crab cakes weren't too bad (considerably better than the last two month's non-pasta options: chicken-fried steak and corned beef). I was curious if they were the same quality as the excellent crabcakes they used to serve in IFS F/J. They weren't, but they were more than edible and actually paired decently with the Pinot Gris.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 4, 2009, 9:41 am

May's DFW-SFO dinner option was the standard cheese tortellini or a chicken breast with rice and beans, and some mango sauce on the side.
Old May 4, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
I had the crab cakes on the last cycle they were available, October I think. They were good but a bit on the heavy side. UA has a similar dish on the JFK market that was a little better but equally heavy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.