Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Wouldn't the OP have access to the Concorde Room if flying BA F to JNB?
We don't have any indication that the OP is flying BA F
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Wouldn't the OP have access to the Concorde Room if flying BA F to JNB?
Hi,

Yes he would! ^( but I do not think the OP has said the class of travel ie BA F or CW)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by smilee

Whenever possible, I make all my europe trips connect in LHR for this reason.
Yup!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by carlosdca
^+1

AA arrives on T3. Your BA flight to JNB departs from T5. First you take a Bus from T3 to T5. On T5 you will go through Passport/ Boarding Pass check first and then up the escalators to security screening. Once you go past security, do what beerup suggests
This is what is great about FT. Not just *what* to do, but *how* to do it. Thanks for the detail.

^
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
^+1

AA arrives on T3. Your BA flight to JNB departs from T5. First you take a Bus from T3 to T5. On T5 you will go through Passport/ Boarding Pass check first and then up the escalators to security screening. Once you go past security, do what beerup suggests
+2 (I assume you are travelling alone).
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
First you take a Bus from T3 to T5.
After you get off the AA flight, follow signs that say Flight Connections to the transfer bus. It's a bit of a walk. Be sure to get on the T5 bus.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:19 pm

I started enjoying terminal 5 after I flew through it couple of times recently. And the easy access to Concorde room is not bad at all too
Old Jun 3, 2011, 1:19 pm

Thanks for all of the help. I am actually flying on an award ticket. Would this still give me access to the BA First lounge? Yes, I am Ex Plat or Emeral OW. Also, is there a way to book a spa appointment in advance? Did I read it right, 2 complimentary treatments? If so, my wife will be in heaven or I guess I will just have to spring for it. Thanks again.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbettis2
Thanks for all of the help. I am actually flying on an award ticket. Would this still give me access to the BA First lounge? Yes, I am Ex Plat or Emeral OW. Also, is there a way to book a spa appointment in advance? Did I read it right, 2 complimentary treatments? If so, my wife will be in heaven or I guess I will just have to spring for it. Thanks again.
Hi,

An award ticket will get you into the lounge ( EXP will get you into the BA Galleries First lounge) but if flying BA F you will get Concorde Room access.

You cannot book spa treatments in advance ( first come first served) and in my experience you can only get 1 treatment per pax.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 3, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Once past security, I always turn right and walk to the BA lounges at the end (this is where one ends up if checking in at T5 BA F). There are also lounges to the left, but I do not know if there is a BA First lounge to the left.

(The lounges are called "North" and "South" but I never could figure out how one knows one direction from the other when inside an airport.)
Old Jun 3, 2011, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by anabolism
Once past security, I always turn right and walk to the BA lounges at the end (this is where one ends up if checking in at T5 BA F). There are also lounges to the left, but I do not know if there is a BA First lounge to the left.

(The lounges are called "North" and "South" but I never could figure out how one knows one direction from the other when inside an airport.)
South has a first lounge and spa with showers. Not sure about north.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

South has a first lounge and spa with showers. Not sure about north.
Hi,

North has showers ( no spa though) and no First lounge.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:26 pm

Couple Simple Questions I hope...

Flying on AA/BA combo DFW to LHR to EBB. I'm PLT, wife has no status currently. We arrive in T3 at LHR and connect in T5, 8.5 hours later.

1. Will AA issue our BA boarding passes at DFW?

2. I understand how to connect to T5, but the wife has expressed interest in catching the Tube into London for a few hours since the layover is 8.5 hours. Is this reasonable, or would it be more hassle than it is worth considering security? We plan to check our big bags all the way through to EBB, but would have a couple carry-ons. I know there is a place to pay to store bags (kind of pricey), but I don't want a hassle with entering the UK for 5 hours or so of customs/security is going to be a major pain in the rear.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
If you decide to leave the secure area, you will need to go through passport control on leaving and re-entering, which can take some time. If the trip is on one itinerary, you should be able to get BA boarding passes from AA. If not, there is a BA desk at DFW where they can check in and print out a BP.

Originally Posted by rmrper99
Flying on AA/BA combo DFW to LHR to EBB. I'm PLT, wife has no status currently. We arrive in T3 at LHR and connect in T5, 8.5 hours later.

2. I understand how to connect to T5, but the wife has expressed interest in catching the Tube into London for a few hours since the layover is 8.5 hours. Is this reasonable, or would it be more hassle than it is worth considering security? We plan to check our big bags all the way through to EBB, but would have a couple carry-ons. I know there is a place to pay to store bags (kind of pricey), but I don't want a hassle with entering the UK for 5 hours or so of customs/security is going to be a major pain in the rear.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by rmrper99

You're going to have to go through security whether you stay at the airport or go into London. I say go into the city - immigration can't be that bad and 8 hours, even with lounge access, will be boring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.