Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I assume this would include bottled water you pick up from the DFW AC? Does BA T5 Galleries/First lounge have bottled water for passengers to take?
It will be like clearing security in the US...except the UK rarely makes me take my shoes off. Anything you consume before/during your DFW-LHR flight is fine.

I tend to be a water snob and prefer Volvic water from the vendors @ LHR. As stated, the Gallerias Lounge and vendors have plenty of water!

Have a great trip!
Old May 2, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to change my flight a bit so I only have 5 hours between arrival and departure. I got my upgrade on the DFW - LHR leg, but the leg to IST is in coach. So I don't know if I am able to get lounge access like that, I will need to study up on it.
Old May 2, 2011, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Deltican
Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to change my flight a bit so I only have 5 hours between arrival and departure. I got my upgrade on the DFW - LHR leg, but the leg to IST is in coach. So I don't know if I am able to get lounge access like that, I will need to study up on it.
As an EXP you can use the Galleries F lounges at LHR regardless of what class you're in.
Old May 2, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Deltican
It doesn't matter which class you're flying. EXP will get you into the BA First lounge.
Old May 20, 2011, 3:33 am

Tight 90 min connection

I will be flying AA from LAX > LHR > GOT with 90 min connection. If I miss my connection will AA accomodate me on a later SAS flight to GOT? Or shoud I purchase a full refundable SAS ticket as a back up?

Any advise will be much appreciated. I need to get to GOT that evening and can not wait until the next morning to take the first BA flight to GOT.

Thanks
Old May 20, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by MTDVTD
I will be flying AA from LAX > LHR > GOT with 90 min connection. If I miss my connection will AA accomodate me on a later SAS flight to GOT? Or shoud I purchase a full refundable SAS ticket as a back up?

Any advise will be much appreciated. I need to get to GOT that evening and can not wait until the next morning to take the first BA flight to GOT.

Thanks
If it's booked on one pnr, they will take care of you. If not, you may be on your own.

I last month didnt get my luggage checked all the way thru dus, so had to collect at lhr, and go from t3 to t5. I got off the plane (in J), got thru customs, got my bag, walked to the HEX, did the transfer to t5, re checked in my bag w BA, got thru security and in the F lounge at BA in 36 mins.
Old May 20, 2011, 9:57 am

Thanks Chanp.
Yes, it is on the the same PNR but I am currently booked in coach (waitlisted for upgrade) so I won't have any priority through security in LHR.

I called AA and they said that their currently policy is to book me on BA next flight which is the next day. But if I do miss the connection, AA in LHR maybe able to do something but the agent is not sure. So I am on a fence to book the later SAS flight as a back-up.
Old May 27, 2011, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Another data point. Flew AA106 from JFK today. Huge ground delay in NY so we arrived 2 hours late. I was connecting on a BA flight out of T5. My connecting flight was booked in business on BA. At each step once arriving in T5 i was sent to the Fast Track lane. From reaching the gate at T3 to the spa in the South Galleries BA lounge was about 45 minutes.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:16 pm

LHR Lounge

I am EXP. I will be arriving into LHR on AA with a 6 hour layover and then onto JNB with BA. Which lounge would you recommend for a quick shower, a bite to eat and some R&R?

Thanks,
Jay
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by jbettis2
I am EXP. I will be arriving into LHR on AA with a 6 hour layover and then onto JNB with BA. Which lounge would you recommend for a quick shower, a bite to eat and some R&R?

Thanks,
Jay
BA Galleries First Lounge in T5 (follow signs to South Lounges).
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by beerup
+1 ^
Old Jun 2, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by beerup
^+1

AA arrives on T3. Your BA flight to JNB departs from T5. First you take a Bus from T3 to T5. On T5 you will go through Passport/ Boarding Pass check first and then up the escalators to security screening. Once you go past security, do what beerup suggests
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by jbettis2

Thanks,
Jay
The T5 BA Galleries First lounge is quite posh... try the champagne bar. The showers are in the entry hall just outside the lounge. If you book ahead or have time to wait, you can also get a massage.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Tip for oneworld emeralds flying a oneworld flight out of LHR. BA F lounge.

That simple. I believe many Ex Plats and Oneworld emeralds do not know (as I posted in the LHR T3 lounge thread) that they can use the BA F lounge, AND that the BA F lounges are far better.

Whenever possible, I make all my europe trips connect in LHR for this reason.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wouldn't the OP have access to the Concorde Room if flying BA F to JNB?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.