Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AADER (Double EQ Qualifying Miles) + Elite Bonus for Exceeding Qual Recs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AADER (Double EQ Qualifying Miles) + Elite Bonus for Exceeding Qual Recs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:37 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by bdemaria
The current promotion (AADER) discussed in this thread does not relate to challenges b/c the promotion specifically doubles miles not points.
I know. that's why I said it won't be enough for plat challenge. you get 28k EQM, but only 7k EQP with N fare.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
Originally Posted by anc305
" NEW AA ADVANTAGE PROMO "

Earn elite staus on AA - no flights required details as follows

Gold - send check for $1000
Plat - send check for $1500
EXP - send check for $2500
With the promotion, you may only need to spend that much to get the status! Of course, you'd have to fly it.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mingw
the $800 should be N fare, which requires 6 days stay. end of april. further out seems to be more expensive. N gets EQP at 50%, so not enough for a platinum challenge if that's your plan.
Who needs a challenge with this promotion
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by TimUT78
With the promotion, you may only need to spend that much to get the status! Of course, you'd have to fly it.

AA's missing a trick here. Think of the marketing ploy - take care of the environment, send us the money, we'll send you status, no need to burn fuel, won't create any carbon dioxide - a win, win for the World. Can't imagine why you'd want to pay for status if you're not flying, but we shouldn't let that get in the way of creativity.....
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:19 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Agreed. And it really doesn't do anything for me except the 2 extra VIPs.

But i still registered.
me too. in truth i am probably just aggravated because i already have 45,000 miles in and my travel doesn't start up in a big way again until june 19. although i am now thinking about a mileage run if mrs abk will let me out of the house ( another month and i think she will encourage it ).
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by hsxagent
Holy mother!!! I only have one round trip booked on AA... It isn't fair, I am already so booked up with flights on UA and NW... What am I to do? The horror, the pure horror of it all.

Well good luck to all of you guys that take full aAvantage of this wonderful daArkside promotion! I wonder if UA will join in on this?

Darn,

I just switched my EWR-FAT to Delta as the schedule works better for my departure and return as family events came up (I only noted that to make myself feel better). To borrow a phrase "Well good luck to all of you guys that take full aAvantage of this wonderful daArkside promotion! "
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:23 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Agreed. And it really doesn't do anything for me except the 2 extra VIPs.

But i still registered.
Pretty much the same here. We were going to qualify later in the year- now it will happen much sooner. We will be able to do it with fewer flights (actually, 125K may take fewer flights than 100K would have ). It just means that a somewhat busy May/June period becomes very busy.

Cheers.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:31 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Promo does not increase mileage balance

Reading the fine print, the promo does not offer any additional redeemable miles.

It is just a faster route to qualification by in effect lowering the qualification threshhold.

Terms and Conditions:
Double elite-status qualifying miles are not redeemable for award travel.....This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points, segments or award-eligible mileage balance. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the elite-qualifying miles earned for each applicable flight and will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within six to eight weeks after the offer ends.
This changes the defintion of EQM as we understand it. These "bonus EQM" will result in the following for a passenger who flies 1000 miles.

Code:
non-status:        View my Miles ENDING BALANCE  +1000
                   YTD Elite Qualifying Miles    +2000

Gold:              View my Miles ENDING BALANCE  +1250

Platinum:          View my Miles ENDING BALANCE  +2000

EXP:               View my Miles ENDING BALANCE  +2000
However the EQM balance will not update til after the promotion

Double elite-qualifying miles ...will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within six to eight weeks after the offer ends.
So several questions.

1) If a person crosses a threshhold and qualifies for Gold or PLat, will they get status and bonus miles as of the date of the flight, or as of the date of posting of the bonus EQM. For example a Gold with 41K EQM today flies 5K miles today. Will they become Plat and start earning 100% bonus as of today or as of August 1st?

2) Will they count as miles towards upgrade for Gold and Plat? QUite possibly not.

3) Will they count as program to date miles? Quite possibly not.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
How will this affect one's EQP/EQM ratio--and does that even really matter? I'm currently running at 1.4 and hate to dilute that if it truly gives me an upper hand when I 'need a favor' from AA.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
all we need now is a mistake fare on AA
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by wlciii
How will this affect one's EQP/EQM ratio--and does that even really matter? I'm currently running at 1.4 and hate to dilute that if it truly gives me an upper hand when I 'need a favor' from AA.
dont register for the promo then; that should solve your problem
Old Apr 17, 2008, 9:01 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Originally Posted by chj
Regarding the question: "is this to AAs advantage?" on account of elite tier dilution, I know that a lot of high-value passengers have considered jumping ship because of the meltdown and also the BA mess at LHR, which makes AAdvantage a much less desirable program for frequent travellers to and within Europe.
Agree...This program is obviously targetted to people who are tempted to leave AA because of the service fiasco.

Some of the extra qualifying fliers and additional eVIPs will be offset by pax who will leave AA anyway.

Still seems a good move.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Originally Posted by LGJ
This combines nicely with the double miles from ORD-PVG (in Y), including Plat. bonus you get 42k miles, and 28k EQM's for a round trip at around $800ai!
Just book a ORD-PVG on CX before PVG double miles and double EQM announced.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Thanks for such and helpful and insightful response...
Old Apr 17, 2008, 9:32 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Thanks for such and helpful and insightful response...
Ok, register for the promo, but only buy F/J fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.