Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AADER (Double EQ Qualifying Miles) + Elite Bonus for Exceeding Qual Recs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AADER (Double EQ Qualifying Miles) + Elite Bonus for Exceeding Qual Recs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
it couldn't have come at a better time for me, I'm flying almost every week during this time frame and including the big European trip.. woo hoo.. 125 is a definite possibility

I estimate 20-22K before bonus in EQM's in this two month period

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Apr 16, 2008 at 5:54 pm
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What happens at 125?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
What happens at 125?
Arpey jumps out of a S80 above the Mohave desert @:-)
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:55 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I suppose the most important question now is - has anyone already modded McPHLy's AAdvantage sheet, or should I take point on that one
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:56 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
it couldn't have come at a better time for me, I'm flying almost every week during this time frame and including the big European trip.. woo hoo.. 125 is a definite possibility

I estimate 20-22K before bonus in EQM's in this two month period

Looks like I will unexpectedly hit EXP this year too. I have a whole bunch of SFO-JFK trips booked in this time period, and I was going to be content ending the year with 65k EQM. Now I'm a weekend in STL away from EXP
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:59 pm

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Arpey jumps out of a S80 above the Mohave desert @:-)
We can only dream Seriously though, I would take Arpey over Tilton every single day.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Does this count towards the 500 mile upgrades as well?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:10 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cstead
I suppose the most important question now is - has anyone already modded McPHLy's AAdvantage sheet, or should I take point on that one
I use a version of his, and I just add bonus EQMs into one of the columns on a case-by-case basis. Inasmuch as this is an infrequent event, doesn't seem worth it to modify the basic function of the sheet, IMO.

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:15 pm
Formerly known as katzalex

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hertz Platinum, Marriot Platinum, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cstead
PLEASE do this. This was my first thought when I read this promotion and it would take me a week to do it and make it look clean.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:17 pm

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
Holy mother!!! I only have one round trip booked on AA... It isn't fair, I am already so booked up with flights on UA and NW... What am I to do? The horror, the pure horror of it all.

Well good luck to all of you guys that take full aAvantage of this wonderful daArkside promotion! I wonder if UA will join in on this?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:19 pm

AA is also offering some bonus prizes for those of us who manage to exceed our mileage quotas for 2008 at the end of the year. You can only choose one.

For Exec Plat...
Earn 125,000 or more elite qualifying miles or points during 2008 and choose one of the following:

* 2 One-Way Systemwide Upgrades
* One 1-Year Admirals Club Membership
* 25,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles
* Gift of AAdvantage Gold status for a Friend

For Platinum
Earn 75,000 - 99,999 elite qualifying miles or points during 2008 and choose one of the following:

* 4 500-Mile Upgrades
* 2 Admirals Club One-Day Passes
* 15,000 AAdvantage bonus miles

For Gold
Earn 40,000 - 49,999 elite qualifying miles or points during 2008 and choose one of the following:

* 2 500-Mile Upgrades
* 1 Set of Elite Luggage Tags
* 1 Admirals Club One-Day Pass
* 10,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles

--------
I think AA is being a little stingy with these rewards and there isn't a significant difference between what is offered at the Gold and Plat levels (minus being able to give a friend Gold status for a year). I think for flying twice as many miles as Gold, AA should up what they are offering. I mean hell, if I fly 90k a year why can't I also get baggage tags along with something else?

I think it should be more like (pick two or give a friend Gold):
* 5 500-Mile Upgrades
* 4 Admirals Club One-Day Passes
* 18,000 AAdvantage bonus miles

The Executive Plats can earn a free year of Admirals Club membership, which makes me really wish I was an Exec Plat right now.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:21 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ndhapple
AA is also offering some bonus prizes for those of us who manage to exceed our mileage quotas for 2008 at the end of the year. You can only choose one.
Check post #21.

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:22 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
Originally Posted by erenner
I didnt see it mentioned previously but this also references the elite rewards promotion:
http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_U...e=eliterewards

now if only i wasnt flying LAX - Seattle for the forseeable future

E
i am confused - these look like two separate promotions but have the same AADER promotion code

is that right? sign up for double miles and you are simultaneously signed up for year-end bonuses?

weird.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:24 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
Originally Posted by Sam - DFW
i am confused - these look like two separate promotions but have the same AADER promotion code

is that right? sign up for double miles and you are simultaneously signed up for year-end bonuses?

weird.
of course, if i read it...

AAdvantage members who register for this offer are also automatically registered for the Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles offer.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Check post #21.

Cheers.
I didn't see the link and posting the specific offers here on the thread will make it easier for people to see it without having to dig through AA.com or FF looking for the link. Furthermore, I was also posting some of my thoughts of the bonuses that AA is offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.