Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AADER (Double EQ Qualifying Miles) + Elite Bonus for Exceeding Qual Recs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AADER (Double EQ Qualifying Miles) + Elite Bonus for Exceeding Qual Recs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:56 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UserMark
If AA is reading this, how about making it double EQPs as well as double EQMs?
That's looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:57 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FWAAA
That's generic language that's included in all emails confirming registration for promos. Print the terms and conditions of this promo which clearly indicate that registration prior to June 15 is all that's required.
Yup. It even has a link to information about earning bonus miles for booking on AA.com. Following that link leads to a "Page not Found."

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Nice... PLT for only 2 r/t's

Very tempting to go for EXP with only 4 but finding something decent to europe is the challenge now !

Do I assume right that the eVIPs are decreasing in value after this promo ?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Maybe it's just me, but I would honestly prefer that they didn't do this sort of thing...
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:02 pm

FWAAA thanks for the information!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
I didnt see it mentioned previously but this also references the elite rewards promotion:
http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_U...e=eliterewards

now if only i wasnt flying LAX - Seattle for the forseeable future

E
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
SkywalkerLAX asked : Do I assume right that the eVIPs are decreasing in value after this promo ?
What made you assume that?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stratofortress
Maybe it's just me, but I would honestly prefer that they didn't do this sort of thing...
Originally Posted by mmgm
SkywalkerLAX asked : Do I assume right that the eVIPs are decreasing in value after this promo ?
The same reason that stratofortress made the comment above. It will be considerably easier to make EXP, and 125K for even more eVIPs. Hell, I've only got to book the one more trip to Europe that I put on hold when this rumor broke on another site earlier this morning, and I'll have 97K EQM by the end of May, including things I already had booked. My wife will as well. Granted, we were planning to make EXP anyway, but now we'll undoubtedly go for 125K.

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stratofortress
I tend to agree with you. At least it's been more than nine years since AA has offered double EQMs and it was prompted by a systemwide meltdown of approximately the same magnitude as in 1999, so it's not likely to be repeated soon.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mmgm
I assume that in no way I can use my eVIPS so would trade them on CC. However, with so many taking part in this promotion the number of EXP/eVIP will jump skyhigh and in the same strike decrease the trading value.

Now, if someone uses them for himself the value is still the same
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Sweet! I've got 30k EQM YTD, with trips to JFK (2x) and LHR already scheduled during the promo period, plus a BA leg. That gets me to about 75k EQM by May 31. A quick Memorial Day MR for another 10k, and I should be EXP by mid-summer.

EDIT: I just reserved a Memorial Day LAX-JFK-LAX turn with a 35 minute connection at JFK off the redeye. OTOH, I leave LAX 9:30pm Saturday, and get back by 9:15am Sunday -- my kids may not be out of bed before I get home. $379 all in, for 9900 EQM isn't great, but...

Last edited by CO FF; Apr 16, 2008 at 5:28 pm
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Thanks. I'll be EXP for the first time by June 15, just with the trips I already have planned. Next step, 125000 miles (piece of cake). I see your EVIP value declining.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:29 pm

Thanks OP
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
EXP here I come! I was thinking of qualifying it for the first time anyway. This will just make to book four LAX-JFK/BOS-SJU trips for the next month.

IMHO AA is just matching Delta's similar promo.

Last edited by holtju2; Apr 16, 2008 at 11:58 pm
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by holtju2
EXP here I come! I was thinking of qualifying it for the first time anyway. This will just make to book four LAX-JFK/BOS-SJU and return for the next month.

IMHO AA is just matching Deltas similar promo.
I think there is more going than just matching Delta. Given last week's events and possibly even the merger annocment, AA is probably trying to maintain it's base of elites. And let's not even talk about the possiblity for labor problems impacting the ops this summer.

AA also does not have a history of matching DL's polices towards elites in general. The programs seem to take a complely differant apporach to awarding elite status. DL has been giving out MQM's on everthing lately it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.