Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AADER (Double EQ Qualifying Miles) + Elite Bonus for Exceeding Qual Recs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AADER (Double EQ Qualifying Miles) + Elite Bonus for Exceeding Qual Recs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by ndhapple
I think AA is being a little stingy with these rewards and there isn't a significant difference between what is offered at the Gold and Plat levels (minus being able to give a friend Gold status for a year). I think for flying twice as many miles as Gold, AA should up what they are offering. I mean hell, if I fly 90k a year why can't I also get baggage tags along with something else?
Why does it matter what another level receives? I assume you were already planning on remaining PLT this year. Let's say you planned to do this by flying 60,000 EQM, including two trips worth 10,000 EQM during the reward period. All of a sudden that 10K becomes 20K and you qualify for the "elite rewards' without having to change any of your plans, much less do a mileage run at the end of the year.

I need to fly 115,000 miles this year. As a result of the bonus, I'll end up w/2 more eVIPs for doing nothing more than I was going to already.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:48 pm

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Why does it matter what another level receives? I assume you were already planning on remaining PLT this year. Let's say you planned to do this by flying 60,000 EQM, including two trips worth 10,000 EQM during the reward period. All of a sudden that 10K becomes 20K and you qualify for the "elite rewards' without having to change any of your plans, much less do a mileage run at the end of the year.

I need to fly 115,000 miles this year. As a result of the bonus, I'll end up w/2 more eVIPs for doing nothing more than I was going to already.
Okay. Good point. Perhaps I'm just a little to use to the NPR Pledge Drives where you get what the levels below you get plus this great "thank you gift." Can you tell it was just recently pledge week down here in Austin?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:50 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"Oh Billy Billy Billy Billy Billy Billy" - Judge Smails
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:56 pm

deleted
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Thanks for the post! Registered, and am glad I am taking a bit of a long route on a few flights. I'll be sure to book a bunch more ASAP, and maybe a Europe trip too. Should have EXP by the end of the promo, for my first time ever.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Will the 2 eVIPs expire in 2010 or 2011?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by sharklover
Presumably Feb. 2010, since the miles are earned in CY 2008.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
Check post #21.

Cheers.
I suppose you will learn that some here who like tell us how young they are like to be spoon fed

mike
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by sharklover
No great shock here - they will be earned based on 2008 activity and expire just like getting exp in 2008 - that is, Feb 28, 2010.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Thanks AA

WOW!!!! I've got a MR planned to regain my PLT status. I did not expect to requalify PLT for 2009 (although a new job could change this). However, with this promo, I'll definitely requalify as PLT for another year!!!!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:10 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ndhapple
I didn't see the link and posting the specific offers here on the thread will make it easier for people to see it without having to dig through AA.com or FF looking for the link. Furthermore, I was also posting some of my thoughts of the bonuses that AA is offering.
See post #1 for the link. (Sorry just couldn't resist. )
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Great timing. My business and personal travel plans to Asia during the promotion time period would add up to 32k miles, and with the bonus EQM, would bump me to EXP.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:20 pm

Many thanks, OP!! I may have missed this otherwise & the timing is great for me.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:31 pm

Programs: American; United; Starwood
Thanks for the post - registered! Unfortunately, only one of my three upcoming trips falls within the time period. I could have reached plat for the first time if it captured all three!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:38 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
I suppose you will learn that some here who like tell us how young they are like to be spoon fed

mike
Really? Hadn't noticed

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.