Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Gold and Platinum Challenge Question

I am considering doing a gold/platinum challenge and was reading FewMiles' unoffical guide. I have question about the following statement:

"AA flights or AAny flights? - Flights on any carrier on fares on which you are eligible to earn miles which count towards elite status will earn you Q-points for your Challenge."

Did FewMiles mean any AA partner carrier or any carrier? If any carrier, how to get non-AA partner carrier to post miles to AA FF account?

Thanks for any help!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueRay
I am considering doing a gold/platinum challenge and was reading FewMiles' unoffical guide. I have question about the following statement:

"AA flights or AAny flights? - Flights on any carrier on fares on which you are eligible to earn miles which count towards elite status will earn you Q-points for your Challenge."

Did FewMiles mean any AA partner carrier or any carrier? If any carrier, how to get non-AA partner carrier to post miles to AA FF account?

Thanks for any help!
Only AA metal counts when doing the challenge.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 7:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That is not correct.

AA's most recent missive to Challengers states "Be sure to fly AA (we know you want to anyway!) since only points earned on American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection flights (including AA codeshare flights operated by other carriers) count toward Challenges."

Originally Posted by wrxmom
Only AA metal counts when doing the challenge.

Mod hat on
Now, this thread will be merged into the consolidated Challenge thread, where 1) it belongs, and 2) the OP can read a bit and see what the Challenge is about (today, not 2006.)

/Moderator hat off
Old Apr 8, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by BlueRay

Please note that the FewMiles site is outdated in many respects, the quote above is but one of them.

As JDiver noted any AA-numbered flight will count toward the challenge. That includes American, American Eagle, and AmericanConnection flights. It also includes AA code shares on other carriers. But remember, it is not enough that the flight has an AA number, the ticket must actually be purchased on the AA-numbered flight for the points to count toward a challenge.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:42 pm

Yikes, I am so not reading fine print correctly lately
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by wrxmom
Yikes, I am so not reading fine print correctly lately
I think it's something in the air, and I think it's contagious. I've been having the same problem lately.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I think it's something in the air, and I think it's contagious. I've been having the same problem lately.
It's that Cosmic Radiation from the flights! My tin hat is in the shop getting oiled.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 2:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
at least it's something special in the air

probably blew in from TX
Old Apr 9, 2009, 4:09 am

Programs: AA Plat; BA blue; Amex Plat; Intercontinental Gold Ambassador
I registered for a Plat challenge earlier this week (with a startdate of May 1st). I haven't received my confirmation email yet: does anyone know if this is sent out on the start date of the challenge, or when the challenge starts?

Thanks - and sorry if this has been answered - I couldn't find it anywhere.

Mike
Old Apr 9, 2009, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by mikecrossland
I registered for a Plat challenge earlier this week (with a startdate of May 1st). I haven't received my confirmation email yet: does anyone know if this is sent out on the start date of the challenge, or when the challenge starts?
I think that when an email confirmation actually gets sent, it is generally sent soon after one signs up. Reports here indicate, however, that confirmations aren't always sent.

If you really want the confirmation, (I'm sure I would), I recommend you call and request that it be (re)sent.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I went ahead and registered for the challenge. Just so that I might have some chance of an upgrade but more importantly 25% bonus miles and then 100% bonus miles.

Question: If one is Platinum and earns 100% bonus miles and one takes the flight from BOS3X, how would that post to ones account. The r/t is 5408 by milecalc. So would it be:
1. Two seperate posts, one for Plat 10,816 and one for BOS3X 16,224.
2. Three seperate posts, one for miles 5408, one for Plat 5408 and one for BOS3X 16,224.
3. One combined post of 27,044.
4. Or ideally would it be 32,488 which would be BOS3X and then 100% bonus. (don't expect this one though)
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I went ahead and registered for the challenge. Just so that I might have some chance of an upgrade but more importantly 25% bonus miles and then 100% bonus miles.

Question: If one is Platinum and earns 100% bonus miles and one takes the flight from BOS3X, how would that post to ones account. The r/t is 5408 by milecalc. So would it be:
1. Two seperate posts, one for Plat 10,816 and one for BOS3X 16,224.
2. Three seperate posts, one for miles 5408, one for Plat 5408 and one for BOS3X 16,224.
3. One combined post of 27,044.
4. Or ideally would it be 32,488 which would be BOS3X and then 100% bonus. (don't expect this one though)
The answer is #5, None of the above.

BOS3X is triple miles period plus your Plat bonus on the base 2,704 miles. You would only get 10,816 each way, 21,632 RT.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Thanks I got it. It is worth $150 to challenge for 6 r/t ATL-BOS-LAX. Now if anyone knows of something better than a 1.5 cpm let me know please. Thanks again.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: American Platinum, Delta
AA Challenge question

Hi All, I've a flt next week Lax-CDg and I'm not sure if I should set up a Platinum Challenge. This flt would give me the needed points, but the status would expire at the end of this year. What happens to the expiration date if I continue to fly AA and reach the 50k mark (I am sure to do ) later this year, does the expiration date move to Feb 2011 or stay Feb 2010. Can't seem to find the answer on the AA site. Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:49 pm

If you only complete the challenge and do not fly 50k EQM or EQP or 60 segments, status would expire Feb 2010. If you do achieve the requirements before Dec 2010, your status would be valid until Feb 2011.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.