Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
A bit off topic, but have you had any contact with Business ExtrAA® yet? It might offer you some benefits. Link to terms and conditions, ans there is a thread in this forum as well. (Maybe not off topic - with those numbers and BE I wonder if that might move things along? Just speculating here - no tengo razón de saber si si, u no / don't really know if yes or no.)
Thanks JDiver! I do have BE, and as elitetraveler mentions I will contact my local AA office to see if they can help me.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA , 3MM, CK, Marriott Titanim
So here is my question... some help please

I run an organization of over 1700 people
I personally approve the expenditure of over 80k a year in AAirpass miles
I am a EXP and have over 2MM miles with American

Should I be considered for the CK program and how do I raise my hand if so?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:01 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
Depends

I personally approve the expenditure of over 80k a year in AAirpass miles

1700 people sharing the $80k AAirpass?

Just you using the 80k AAirpass?

More likely a mix? - I would think spend would need to be 30k+ for a single Aadvantage Member...so maybe you could swing 2 different CKs if all other aspects of membership are valid.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
The CK renewal email that I received said:

Your account manager will be getting in touch and provide you with any additional updates.

Anyone have any thoughts on additional benefits AA might be rolling out in 2013? I'm hoping CK becomes more like a Global Services status level.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
The CK renewal email that I received said:

Your account manager will be getting in touch and provide you with any additional updates.

Anyone have any thoughts on additional benefits AA might be rolling out in 2013? I'm hoping CK becomes more like a Global Services status level.
Just got invite with renewal of aairpass. I really hope dougie keeps aairpass it's a great program for short hall travel -would be AWESOME for shuttle flights under current program rules.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by morrisunc
Just got invite with renewal of aairpass. I really hope dougie keeps aairpass it's a great program for short hall travel -would be AWESOME for shuttle flights under current program rules.
Agree. I would cry real tears if they ever got rid of AAirpass.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Exp/1M, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Pre Plat
I have a "acquaintance" at aa, just happen to see him and asked about CK, what was the qualification? I had CK for 1 year, then the next year I did not. my spending had increased dramatically, so why didnt i qualify again. the "acquaintance" said membership was given based on recommendations from travel agents working for the companies (with a limited number of memberships per company). I had switched companies, so it was explained...
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:17 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
FWIW, I also have "acquaintances" at AA who also tell me that CK comes from the recommendation of a travel agent. Because I book all my own travel and have not used a travel agent in decades, I'll never be CK.
Originally Posted by BLUESCRAZYGIRL
I have a "acquaintance" at aa, just happen to see him and asked about CK, what was the qualification? I had CK for 1 year, then the next year I did not. my spending had increased dramatically, so why didnt i qualify again. the "acquaintance" said membership was given based on recommendations from travel agents working for the companies (with a limited number of memberships per company). I had switched companies, so it was explained...
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
FWIW, I also have "acquaintances" at AA who also tell me that CK comes from the recommendation of a travel agent. Because I book all my own travel and have not used a travel agent in decades, I'll never be CK.
Well I don't have a travel agent and have been CK for three straight years. So perhaps AA looks at non travel agent recommended pax too?

Quick question - for those who qualified for CK but did not earn EXP the old fashioned way but rather by virtue of becoming CK, did you also get 8 SWUs?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by RealFan
Well I don't have a travel agent and have been CK for three straight years. So perhaps AA looks at non travel agent recommended pax too?

Quick question - for those who qualified for CK but did not earn EXP the old fashioned way but rather by virtue of becoming CK, did you also get 8 SWUs?

I didn't get any, but its only been a few days. I only knew about the program because of this blog and asked the lady I work with each year about the program and if I might qualify - she put me on hold for maybe 2 minutes and came back and said they would give it to me. I purchased $30K of aairpass in $10K blocks last year. I just purchased $10K this week which was when I asked. 95% of my travel on AA is RDU-DCA and LHR-RDU(only return - could never sleep in those seats). My 3 and 5yo daughters live in DCA with mother and they gave my oldest CK too - I only bought her 20K last year, but she and my youngest share account. By the way, in their cotract they waived the minor fee when they travel alone. I had to ask
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by morrisunc
I didn't get any, but its only been a few days. I only knew about the program because of this blog and asked the lady I work with each year about the program and if I might qualify - she put me on hold for maybe 2 minutes and came back and said they would give it to me. I purchased $30K of aairpass in $10K blocks last year. I just purchased $10K this week which was when I asked. 95% of my travel on AA is RDU-DCA and LHR-RDU(only return - could never sleep in those seats). My 3 and 5yo daughters live in DCA with mother and they gave my oldest CK too - I only bought her 20K last year, but she and my youngest share account. By the way, in their cotract they waived the minor fee when they travel alone. I had to ask
A 5 year old with CK? That may be a record.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
A 5 year old with CK? That may be a record.
It's a total bargain. I can walk up for 160 rdu to dca vs 480 without aairpass. It allows me to coach my daughters soccer team, etc. If im in rdu for a week i sometimes will fly upm3 times a week - it's honestly been the biggest asset I've had in minimizing the impact of our divorce. Im super nervous about this being changed if aa and us merged. I certainly couldn't afford my monthly personal airplane costs if they tripled.

I asked for it and they gave it to both of us. She's so fricking beautiful adorable which gains her greater service from airlines and hotels than any program I'm a member of. You wouldn't believe the number of hotel room upgrades I've scored checking in with her.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I've asked this elsewhere before but I will try here again. Does anyone know how EXP/CK upgrades are processed versus regular EXP upgrades? Also, is the first tiebreaker within a category still the time the ticket was purchased or fare paid?

I ask this because I have been flying UA as a GS and getting 100% upgrades. The key for me is that I usually book seven to ten days out and on AA, I began to miss out on some upgrades last year. I am hearing some chatter that CK upgrades are going to be processed differently so I'd like to know more detail. Thx.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:19 am
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Supposedly CK has nothing to do at the time of clearing upgrades. At least that has been my experience. However when something happens out of the extraordinary, (i.e flight cancellations, and u are rerouted) CK agents or gate agents may put CK people in front of others.

Wothin normal circumstances an exp and exp+ck should be the same.

Originally Posted by RealFan
I've asked this elsewhere before but I will try here again. Does anyone know how EXP/CK upgrades are processed versus regular EXP upgrades? Also, is the first tiebreaker within a category still the time the ticket was purchased or fare paid?

I ask this because I have been flying UA as a GS and getting 100% upgrades. The key for me is that I usually book seven to ten days out and on AA, I began to miss out on some upgrades last year. I am hearing some chatter that CK upgrades are going to be processed differently so I'd like to know more detail. Thx.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by wpj
Supposedly CK has nothing to do at the time of clearing upgrades. At least that has been my experience. However when something happens out of the extraordinary, (i.e flight cancellations, and u are rerouted) CK agents or gate agents may put CK people in front of others.

Wothin normal circumstances an exp and exp+ck should be the same.
This has been my experience. And while many EXPs will not want to hear it - it is the single biggest problem with the CK program for a high revenue passenger.

I buy almost all of my tickets within 48 hours of departure. For short flight I use aairpass, book into A and get first class. For longer flights I buy a last minute ticket in coach and put myself on the upgrade list. And because there are EXPs that booked months in advance, I miss lots of upgrades.

I suspect AA would like me to keep booking tickets at the last minute.

Let me put it another way: if I used United and was GS I would probably get more upgrades on those flights because I would be ahead of the 1Ks. And by the way, United knows this. In talking with a GS supervisor the other day, he wasn't shy about pointing out the 'upgrade problem' with the CK program. He made it clear that they want my business.

Now in the case of irrops, it's a different story. CK agents will rebook X tickets into F, A or P, will protect you on multiple flights in first, book X tickets into first on another airline, etc., etc. And that's probably why I stay with CK. The CK desk is phenominal.

But to be brutally honest, I do sometimes wonder if I would have a better experience on United.

It's interesting that this came up because I also keep hearing that they're considering making CK a formal tier of Aadvantage but I've been hearing that for the last couple years and I think it's nothing more than a rumor.

If American wanted to make a single change to the CK program, fixing the 'upgrade problem' would be my vote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.