Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
But our FT colleagues are so much closer than Emmi management, we can reach out and figuratively slap one of them instead of whom we would like to slap.

Mod hat on

If the lack of focus and dumping on fellow members continue, I predict considerable editing / post deleiton / possibly thread lock for a time out.

:gazing into my official FT Moderator crystal ball:

Mod hat off

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
<snip>
Please, folks. Let's not fight with each other! Stay focused. Your beef is with Emmi, not with your fellow FT member
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:07 am

Has anyone called them? Where is this response they promised us?
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by martian
If how they handled the change last Friday is any indication, they will probably post their response as they turn off the phones at the end of the day.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:22 am

No, but I got a call back from Emmi to my Friday afternoon voicemail. It mirrored swissbliss' post, to the letter. After being assured that the miles for all valid codes entered before the change had been forwarded to AA, I inquired about my unentered codes. I was then told to mail in the receipts and unentered codes just as swissbliss posted. I also asked if the receipts could be photocopies and was told that was fine. I brought up the fact that there must be another reason this promo was pulled other than the stated reason "Due to the popularity of this promotion, our supply of AAdvantage miles has been exhausted", since they could obviously buy more miles from AA. I didn't expect an answer to this question and didn't get one. Then I said this resolution was OK for me, but what about all that product still on the shelves that promises 500 miles, that can and will be bought by people who have no clue that the deal has been terminated. He said they were still working on that.

I didn't get a chance to ask about people who discarded their receipts or about how people were supposed to submit the code coupons from the fondue until they have used the product since the code is very well stuck onto the foil package.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
In light of Moderator JDiver's last statement, I respectfully suggest that instead of posting messages asking if anyone called Emmi or AA, that whoever is interested pick up the phone or send an e-mail.

The e-mail addresses and phone numbers for both AA and Emmi have been posted on this forum several times.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:28 am

Programs: DL, AA, BA, SPG
Phone call returned

Received a return phone call from Daniel at Emmi. He basically reiterated what was said in his emails (send in the certificates that have not been entered yet). The receipt requirement seems to have been relaxed - he said they would just be "appreciated." Then he started asking me where I had found the cheese etc. He did indicate several times that codes already entered should post within 72 hours.

Also, he indicated that they will be updating the website today and that they are working on the wording. As dhacker indicated, they are "still working" on what to do about customers who have/will continue to purchase the product still on the shelves.

Last edited by jmorgans; Dec 4, 2006 at 11:35 am
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Last edited by tmcneill; Sep 9, 2012 at 11:12 am
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tmcneill
This promo stinks on so many levels.

If this turns out well there will be much to joke and laugh about.
dAAre i say that it stinks like rAAncid cheese?
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by jmorgans
Received a return phone call from Daniel at Emmi. He basically reiterated what was said in his emails (send in the certificates that have not been entered yet). The receipt requirement seems to have been relaxed - he said they would just be "appreciated." Then he started asking me where I had found the cheese etc. He did indicate several times that codes already entered should post within 72 hours.

Also, he indicated that they will be updating the website today and that they are working on the wording. As dhacker indicated, they are "still working" on what to do about customers who have/will continue to purchase the product still on the shelves.
Look, it still remains to be seen whether or not people are going to get screwed, but it appears that Emmi is tyring to do the right thing. Yes, they clearly f...ed up, and it appears that they're trying to recover from a major miscalculation without pissing off too many people.

So while in perfect world we could all go out and buy more cheese and get our millions of miles, we all know that Emmi has essentially pulled this promotion. So instead of being pissed off about not being able to go out and get more cheese, or worrying about how Emmi may choose to deal with unsuspecting cheese purchasers in the future, may I suggest that you focus on getting the miles you're due for purchases already made -- if Emmi lives up to what Daniel is promising, it seems like that is a reasonable possibility -- and be happy with that.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by tmcneill
What about Emmi Switzerland? Anybody send an email to them? We are working with a 6-8 hour time difference so anything sent today will most likely not get read until tomorrow. Worth a try though.
The corporate offices of Emmi, AG are located in Lucerne, Switzerland which is SIX (6) hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.

The telephone number of the Switchboard, when dialing from the United States, would be 011 41 227 27 27.

If you use Skype (I do not), there is a direct link to this number at http://www.directories.ch/whitepages...pe=adr_simple#

According to the Emmi website, the Chairman of the Board is the highest ranking official. His name is Fritz Wyss. Below him is the Chief Executive Officer, Walter Huber.

Ordinarily, the operators at huge Swiss companies, e.g. Lindt Chocolate, speak English.

I suspect that while it is unlikely to be able to get the top executives on the line, you can certainly speak to their staffs.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL, AA, BA, SPG
Originally Posted by Blumie
Look, it still remains to be seen whether or not people are going to get screwed, but it appears that Emmi is tyring to do the right thing. Yes, they clearly f...ed up, and it appears that they're trying to recover from a major miscalculation without pissing off too many people.

So while in perfect world we could all go out and buy more cheese and get our millions of miles, we all know that Emmi has essentially pulled this promotion. So instead of being pissed off about not being able to go out and get more cheese, or worrying about how Emmi may choose to deal with unsuspecting cheese purchasers in the future, may I suggest that you focus on getting the miles you're due for purchases already made -- if Emmi lives up to what Daniel is promising, it seems like that is a reasonable possibility -- and be happy with that.
I personally have no interest in buying more cheese or in trying to get any more miles out of this promotion than those I am already owed. My specific situation has been adequately addressed and handled by Emmi and I much appreciate the return phone call. I still, however, think it is unfortunate for those who will continue to purchase the product and not realize the promotion has ended until they try and redeem their certificates.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:24 pm

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 12, 2009 at 8:24 pm
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:35 pm

I forgot to mention in my last post -- Daniel suggested using certified mail for my own protection when mailing in the codes and receipt copies.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Emmi USA might want to let Amazon.com know that that they aren't accepting the AA codes anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Knight-A...s=gourmet-food
Old Dec 4, 2006, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Emmi Website Updated

Doesn't tell us any more than we already know.

"Due to the popularity of this promotion, our supply of AAdvantage miles has been exhausted. However, we are pleased to offer a Swiss Army Knife, valued at $20 with a valid code. One (1) redemption per person or household. If you have a code, click here.
Emmi Terms and Conditions
NEW INFORMATION TO BE POSTED HERE ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2006 REGARDING SWISS KNIGHT PRODUCT PURCHASED ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 1, 2006.

ALL VALID MILEAGE CODES ENTERED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 1, 2006 WILL BEGIN APPEARING IN AADVANTAGE ACCOUNTS WITHIN 24-72 HOURS.

CHECK BACK FOR FURTHER UPDATES"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.