Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by tmcneill; Sep 9, 2012 at 11:10 am
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
So, it took two days to post that?

Boy, those Emmi lawyers and marketing people sure do work slow.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:26 pm

They may have used the two days to decide against posting on their site the mail-in option for product puchased by 12/1 but not entered. Maybe they decided there was no reason clue in any not non-FTers.

Alternatively, they may be waiting to see what level of PR nightmare develops, how AA reacts, and whether or not product can be pulled out of the supply chain before making their next move. Options could range from the status quo as posted on thier site (with the mail-ins remaining semi-secret) to honoring the original terms only if the customer insists to a full reinstatement of the original terms.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by tarheel99
So, it took two days to post that?

Boy, those Emmi lawyers and marketing people sure do work slow.

There are Emmi lawyers?
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:06 pm

WCBS New York

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 12, 2009 at 8:24 pm
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by tmcneill; Sep 9, 2012 at 10:47 am
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:36 pm

Programs: US Air, AA, starwood gold, hilton gold, priority club
I need some clarification here:

What am I supposed to do with my 40 certificates that I did not enter by Dec. 1st but for which I do have receipts for from on or before Dec 1st? The website tells me nothing. If I go on what people here say, then I am supposed to send them in to the company. I emailed Daniel a couple days ago but have received no response. Weird, because I had talked to him on the phone for a while a couple weeks back complaining that I opened many cheese boxes and found no certificate. He acted like that mattered to him at the time and that he was considering doing something so he took my name and phone number. <sigh>

So is the consensus to send my certs to the company at the NY address and address them to Daniel and photocopy my receipts and send those along too? SInce I haven't been contacted by anyone it is hard to take an action...
Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tmcneill
Why is this Thread so quiet tonight?
ummm....becAAuse people have lives? just guessing.....

or, hopefully people are working on their cheese jokes.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Hanlgt

What am I supposed to do with my 40 certificates that I did not enter by Dec. 1st but for which I do have receipts for from on or before Dec 1st? The website tells me nothing. If I go on what people here say, then I am supposed to send them in to the company. I emailed Daniel a couple days ago but have received no response. Weird, because I had talked to him on the phone for a while a couple weeks back complaining that I opened many cheese boxes and found no certificate. He acted like that mattered to him at the time and that he was considering doing something so he took my name and phone number. <sigh>

So is the consensus to send my certs to the company at the NY address and address them to Daniel and photocopy my receipts and send those along too? SInce I haven't been contacted by anyone it is hard to take an action...
I would keep emailing them.

I am personally sending mine in as they requested.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Hanlgt

I don't deal in consenus, but if you want a suggestion, here is one:

Keep after Emmi by phone and e-mail. Tell them you know that they are busy but you are also aware of what they have said to others in the same situation. Can you be treated the same way?
Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Ummm, we ran out of miles, yah that is it......

Oh, but if you bought your product before Dec 1st and want to prove it, we may be able to find some in the back.......

Oh, can't find the reciept, that is ok, if you yell we will find some as we realize no were did it say that was required....

Oh sh*t, the fondue that won't be opened for 3 months.......

Recall would have been better for them and everyone else, just another promo that no one could find the product, one of many...

Seriously, a swiss army knife, and one per houshold? How is that worth 5k miles if I bought their brand of cheese becuase of the promo.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:36 pm

Other Promotions Like This

I have a question. How can I find out about other miles for goods promotions?
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:16 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
I have a question. How can I find out about other miles for goods promotions?
Here's a couple.

Dannon Water Link

Healthy Choice (Pudding)Link

Kellog's Link
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Here's a couple.

Dannon Water Link

Healthy Choice (Pudding)Link

Kellog's Link
Sorry, I meant programs that are active.

But, by the way, here's a quote from the Healhy Choice link posted:

"Kudos to Healthy Choice for handling as professionally as it did what must have seemed a very strange situation. According to Phillips' oft-repeated account, one day the stacks of 500-free-miles certificates just began arriving — no fanfare, and certainly no attempts on the part of the company to back away from the promotion."
Hello Emmi?

Last edited by Landing Gear; Dec 4, 2006 at 10:31 pm
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Swiss Knight miles finally posts:

11/27/06 AADVANTAGE --SWISS KNIGHT BY EMMI 500 0 500
11/21/06 AADVANTAGE --SWISS KNIGHT BY EMMI 500 0 500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.