Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
Has anyone else had a different date listed than what was entered
None of the dates correspond with the date of entry, at least from what I can see. The first few I entered (near the beginning of this, between November 13 and November 15) all posted with an 11/20 date. The codes I entered on November 29 posted with an 11/30 date.

Mike
Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:51 am

It would be nice of them to come up with a plan and publish it on their website. While I wouldn't mind mailing out 100 codes priority mail with delivery confirmation, the $4 to $5 are more of an issue when I only have a few codes. Despite my initial concern, I've been fairly optimistic over the last couple of days that they would take care of things. That optimism is beginning to wane as the 15th draws ever closer.

Anyone sacrificing one of their codes to the Swiss Army Knife?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by alamedaguy
It would be nice of them to come up with a plan and publish it on their website. While I wouldn't mind mailing out 100 codes priority mail with delivery confirmation, the $4 to $5 are more of an issue when I only have a few codes. Despite my initial concern, I've been fairly optimistic over the last couple of days that they would take care of things. That optimism is beginning to wane as the 15th draws ever closer.

I'll order one knife since my 13 year old wants it.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by alamedaguy
I have lots of Swiss Army knives and now that you cannot take them in carryons, they are less useful.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by dhacker
I'll order one knife since my 13 year old wants it.
Buy your son a good Victorinox (the original Swiss Army) knife from http://www.swissarmy.com/multitools/...issarmyknives& and keep the miles for yourself.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:08 pm

Tips On Sending Back Coupons To Emmi

Some people have said they will be sending coupons back to Emmi. If you are going to be sending back coupons to Emmi for redemption, here are some suggestions to protect you and minimize future problems. (These are my own personal suggestions and not those of Emmi. Use them at your own risk.)

You want to be sure that when the coupons leave your hands you have proof that you shipped them and when they arrive, you want proof they were received.
  1. Count all the coupons, and verify the amount.
  2. If possible, photocopy or scan the coupons for your records.
  3. Write a letter to Emmi, and be sure to include your name, address
    and AAdvantage number. Keep a photocopy or scan of this letter.

How to send back the coupons:

A. U.S. Postal Service

If using the Postal Service, use only the following services:
• Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested;
• Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation;
• Express Mail with Return Receipt.
In each case, you will have to bring the item to the Post Office to obtain proof that you sent it.

Note: Registered Mail is only for contents which have an intrinsic value.

B. Federal Express Express

If using FedEx, use the website at http://www.fedex.com so you can register your e-mail address for updates on your package status.
• Whether you use First Overnight, Priority Overnight, Overnight, FedEx 2-day or FedEx Express Saver, either have FedEx pick up the package or bring the item to a FedEx-staffed office so you know that it has been scanned into the system. From that moment on, you can track the package’s progress on the website. If you use a “drop box” you will have to wait until it is picked up.
• Do not use the “Deliver Without Signature” option or you will have no proof the package was delivered.
• The default signature option (included in the price) for business deliveries is “Indirect Signature Required.” This is described as “FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address or from someone at a neighboring address.”
• If you are very cautious, or concerned because you have a lot of coupons in your shipment, you might wish to order (for a small extra charge) the Direct Signature Required option. This is described as “FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address and reattempts delivery if no one is available to sign for the package.”
C. Federal Express Ground
• If using FedEx Ground, follow the same basic procedures as above.
• The default for FedEx Ground appears to be “signature not required.” Select Direct Signature Required.
I am sure that UPS and DHL offer similar services.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:28 pm
Suspended

mAAybe it's time to stAArt with the cheese jokes?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
Why don't you wAArm us up?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
I have received miles/codes entered before 12/1.

The codes entered on 12/1 have not posted. If you entered codes on the day Emmi pulled the plug, have you received your miles.

I entered 35 codes just before they ended the offer. Anyone else enter codes that day?
Old Dec 6, 2006, 12:39 am

Programs: US Air, AA, starwood gold, hilton gold, priority club
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
See my post #517 for the beginning of the cheese jokes...but it looks like this is quite the serious crowd and there were no takers...maybe we should come up with Swiss jokes.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 12:41 am

Programs: US Air, AA, starwood gold, hilton gold, priority club
Originally Posted by NWA747SNN

I entered 35 codes just before they ended the offer. Anyone else enter codes that day?
I entered a bunch of codes late at night on Dec 1 and they have all posted.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:00 am

Aa

Let's have a discusssion about who got how many AA miles and how much did they actually spend?

So far, I got 89,500 AA posted and I have 220 more certs that I am mailing today. I bought all my cheese at $2.99 a piece.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:54 am

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 12, 2009 at 8:25 pm
Old Dec 6, 2006, 7:27 am

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
MetaFilter now has a thread on this:

http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/56769
Old Dec 6, 2006, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Last edited by tmcneill; Sep 9, 2012 at 10:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.