Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2006, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
Bumping this thread just to let Emmi know We are NOT going away.

Yeah, I do hope they understand that we ain't playin. Their "1-2 week" deadline is swiftly approaching.....
Old Dec 14, 2006, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Thanks for the reminder guys! That's one more thing I have to do by the end of this week - send in 10,000 miles worth of codes via certified USPS mail to Emmi!
Old Dec 14, 2006, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Deadlines

Beginning next Monday, December 18, 2006, a number of people here will start marking the two week mark since their coupons were received by Emmi.

What do you plan to do?
Old Dec 14, 2006, 7:57 pm

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 12, 2009 at 8:28 pm
Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by shoodawg
I still need to return specially marked packages that did not contain the promised 500 mile certs.
Have you contacted Emmi about this? If so, what did they say?
Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:24 pm

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 12, 2009 at 8:28 pm
Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by shoodawg
I did, but they challenged me. . .
What arrogance!

1. They need to "verify" our coupons because, after all, as the people who gave them money, WE are not trustworthy?

2. They sell packages of cheese claiming to contain coupons and they don't want to make good on their offers?
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:33 pm

Mr. Schnyder firmly told me he would not honor 8 of my unentered certificates (only after he received the vouchers through the mail), because it was 8 more than the number of cheese wheels actually purchased (as shown on the sales receipt). This happened because some packages had two certificates. Additionally, I told in my email how many certificates I would be sending, and he confirmed by asking me to send them.

Anyway, I don't want to push the issue too much, but I did ask him to return the 8 vouchers to me - I wouldn't have sent them in the first place if I had known they wouldn't be honored. It's been 3 three days with no response, and although I feel that Emmi USA is taking a good deal of responsibility for what happened, there are still many loose ends that need to be resolved - this being one of them.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 5:27 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Originally Posted by mellowg
Mr. Schnyder firmly told me he would not honor 8 of my unentered certificates (only after he received the vouchers through the mail), because it was 8 more than the number of cheese wheels actually purchased (as shown on the sales receipt). This happened because some packages had two certificates.
I believe that you are entitled to miles for those certificates, and that the burden of proof lies with them to prove that you DIDN'T buy them prior to Dec 7th. They changed the T&C's. Any one who bought cheese before Dec 7th but does not have a receipt should STILL receive miles, since they complied with the T&Cs as they existed when the offer was consummated. There was NO T&C limiting redemption to one certificate per purchase. Therefore, if I was to open a package and find multiple certificates in it, I would expect every one of those certificates to be honored. That there were multiple certificates in your package is their fault. It is not your fault that you found multiples, and the offer clearly stated that each code was worth 500 miles. They owe you an additional 4,000 miles.

Insist that your certificates get redeemed in full.

Goph
Old Dec 15, 2006, 5:53 am

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 12, 2009 at 8:29 pm
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by gopherblue
I believe that you are entitled to miles for those certificates, and that the burden of proof lies with them to prove that you DIDN'T buy them prior to Dec 7th. They changed the T&C's. Any one who bought cheese before Dec 7th but does not have a receipt should STILL receive miles, since they complied with the T&Cs as they existed when the offer was consummated. There was NO T&C limiting redemption to one certificate per purchase. Therefore, if I was to open a package and find multiple certificates in it, I would expect every one of those certificates to be honored. That there were multiple certificates in your package is their fault. It is not your fault that you found multiples, and the offer clearly stated that each code was worth 500 miles. They owe you an additional 4,000 miles.

Insist that your certificates get redeemed in full.

Goph
I agree with you completely.

Who says I need to prove how I acquired title to any personal property? Maybe I got it as a GIFT! Then, what?

Last edited by Landing Gear; Dec 15, 2006 at 4:11 pm
Old Dec 15, 2006, 4:06 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Very amusing thread

I hadn't been reading this, but was wondering why it was nearing 1000 responses. Sounds like another thread we had a while back on some company reneging on certs worth a few miles. I don't recall how that one worked out.

Good luck to y'all in getting the miles. You've certainly worked hard enough to earn them ^

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by brp
I hadn't been reading this, but was wondering why it was nearing 1000 responses. Sounds like another thread we had a while back on some company reneging on certs worth a few miles. I don't recall how that one worked out.

Good luck to y'all in getting the miles. You've certainly worked hard enough to earn them ^

Cheers.
Thank you for you kind and gracious wishes. ^
Old Dec 15, 2006, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
I highly recommend that you read it. Some of it is very entertaining!
Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:18 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Here's a reason why its interesting. I should be getting 100k miles when all is said and done at one cent each.

Sure it took some trips and time but it felt like a game and some fun while it lasted.

Quite nice. I just wish it lasted longer to get more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.