Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:58 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Hey - Don't be steeling my Folsom Cheese

Originally Posted by GumboCook
I used self-service checkout to avoid any questions. I had to hit 3 Albertsons to get the 33 wheels. 2 in Fremont, CA and 1 in Folsom. It seems they only order 1 case at a time at the Albertsons I went to.

Cheers,
Old Nov 26, 2006, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Hey - Don't be steeling my Folsom Cheese
With apologies to Johnny Cash:

"I hear the miles a comin´
They're rolling round the bend
And I ain´t seen the fondue since I don´t know when,
I´m stuck in Albertsons, and time keeps draggin´ on
but that plane keeps a rollin´ on down to DFDub
When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
always be a good boy, don´t ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Reno just to get 1A
When I don't get my upgrade, I hang my head and cry..."
Old Nov 26, 2006, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by jabrams72
With apologies to Johnny Cash:

"I hear the miles a comin´
They're rolling round the bend
And I ain´t seen the fondue since I don´t know when,
I´m stuck in Albertsons, and time keeps draggin´ on
but that plane keeps a rollin´ on down to DFDub
When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
always be a good boy, don´t ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Reno just to get 1A
When I don't get my upgrade, I hang my head and cry..."
It could be worse. You could be stuck in Pathmark.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 4:51 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Checked another 6 stores across the hudson valley today. Didnt even see the non labeled ones.
Included were the target and whatever took over the shopright on 17k in newburgh. the pricechopper and shoprite on N Plank.
and the shoprite at 84 and 17k as well as the Hanafords in PineBush.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by yanxfann
I don't think he'll have any problem whatsoever selling at that price. It's been proven over and over again that there are buyers out there willing to pay 3 cents - or more - for AA miles.
Well, egg is on my face as the ebayer in question who listed 5K of the cheese miles for a Buy It Now price of $150 failed to find a buyer. That being said they have relisted the items, this time they are selling via a regular auction format with the highest bidder winning as opposed to the previous flat-price Buy It Now, you can keep track of their auction here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0106&rd=1&rd=1

As a veteran ebay seller with over 1000 ebay sales under my belt I can say that without question an effective title is VITAL for an auction to be successful as most potential buyers search for particular key words in the title. In my view this seller did an extremely poor job in selecting their title as their title doesn't even mention the key words "American Airlines" so they are missing many potential buyers.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Washington DC suburbs:

Macgruder's - they sell Emmi products but nothing with the AA promo
Giant Foods - nothing
Food Lion - nothing

I'll pass a Harris Teeter on my way home and check there.
Just saw the wheels at the Giant in White Oak, MD, but without the promo. Price was $3.99. I plan to check out other stores to see if they have more recent stock with the miles.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:58 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Well, egg is on my face as the ebayer in question who listed 5K of the cheese miles for a Buy It Now price of $150 failed to find a buyer. That being said they have relisted the items, this time they are selling via a regular auction format with the highest bidder winning as opposed to the previous flat-price Buy It Now, you can keep track of their auction here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0106&rd=1&rd=1

As a veteran ebay seller with over 1000 ebay sales under my belt I can say that without question an effective title is VITAL for an auction to be successful as most potential buyers search for particular key words in the title. In my view this seller did an extremely poor job in selecting their title as their title doesn't even mention the key words "American Airlines" so they are missing many potential buyers.
I think you were right in the first place. That buyer just has a bad title. This guy has a bid for 100 already.
http://cgi.ebay.com/American-Airline...em110060316691

And the first guy DID sell 3000 for 100 earlier here http://cgi.ebay.com/3000-Aadvantage-...em320050818543

Hopefully the ebayers don't buy them all up though until I can get a handful for myself.

Last edited by edlin303; Oct 23, 2011 at 9:20 pm
Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:59 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Has anyone received their miles yet? I was thinking they should start trickling into accounts by now, but haven't seen any reports of that.

Last edited by edlin303; Oct 23, 2011 at 9:19 pm
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt

Well, it's now topped 1cpm.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:04 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
An email update from Emmi:

"please note that only the number 0 (zero) was used."
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:33 am

An email update from Emmi:

"please note that only the number 0 (zero) was used."

very good to know.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum,Starwood Platinum,Priority Club Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,AA Exec Plat
I was just wondering if anybody had any information on a possible group purchase. No luck here in Boca Raton, only non-promotional fondue at Publix for $11.99.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by dhacker
Just saw the wheels at the Giant in White Oak, MD, but without the promo. Price was $3.99. I plan to check out other stores to see if they have more recent stock with the miles.
Colesville, MD Giant, $2.99 wheels, but still no miles.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
What does bulk mean? I'd gladly buy 40,000,000 at 0.5¢ each from AA
AA will sell miles to a business for less than a person due to the fact that that business doing a promotion where one wins AA miles also represents advertising for AA to a diverse audience; as opposed to you crowing to other passengers on AA flights how they are suckers for actually paying $ for their tickets while you have a lifetime supply of FF miles.

Steve
Old Nov 27, 2006, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA 1MM
online source for cheese miles

Found an online source, even if the price is high (case of 12 for $107.40):

http://gourmetsleuth.com/pDetail.asp?p=913

Confirmed with the company that they are all new packaging with AA miles.

Hope it's useful to someone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.