Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 3:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
What Emmi said:

Talked to D***** at Emmi about the missing certs and where to find the cheese. He said my call is the first he's heard of missing certs. I told him I was considering buying more cheese than normal because of the promo, but was hesitant because of the missing certs.

I asked what would happen if the certs were missing in the packages I bought. He stated the cheese is packaged and the certs are put in at the factory in Switzerland. He stated there are no extra certs in America and it would be difficult to prove whether there was one in there to begin with, not implying I am dishonest but that other people may be. I told him I understand. He was very polite. He said an email or letter would not be enough.

He also stated people were calling asking where the promo cheese is. He said all the cheese goes through distributors, and the headquarters has no idea who has the old pre promo cheese and who has the new cheese. He said eventually, all the places that carry the wheels and fondue will have the new cheese.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 4:13 pm

Programs: US Air, AA, starwood gold, hilton gold, priority club
That is what I assumed Emmi would say--I didn't get a chance to call them myself today before they closed. I was trying to figure out how I would "prove" that I am telling the truth and my son suggested he videotape me actually opening up packages and finding nothing inside, but that was going a bit too far! (Although a rather good idea if anyone in the company actually understood how points crazed we are...)

Bottom line is this--I have opened 19 packages now and I only have 9 certs and I have 20 more unopened packages in my refridgerator. Should I return them to the stores (another waste of my time) or open them and just make myself even more mad?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 4:22 pm

Who has actually received the correct number of coupons in the cheese boxes? Have we conduct a little survey to see how widespread this problem is?

I have so far received two boxes and each contained one voucher. Total of 1,000 miles.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 4:39 pm

Can I fly to Chicago for cheese? Is there cheese near ORD? Because there's none in my area (southern MA, RI), and I'd like to fly on the ORD bonus being offered. Will also work in the DFW bonus if there's cheese in Texas. Please advise.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:08 pm

Cub Foods in Green Bay has the fondue with the promo at a rather disappointing $10.79.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:34 pm

Now we know where the coupons are.The Swiss employees at the factory are riping of their employer.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I just bought 10 fondues tonight to check it out. All 10 had certificates. It was a brand new floor display....5.99ea.....
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:02 pm

Any found in the Dallas area? I have called all the Whole Foods and checked 2 Albertson's and 2 Tom Thumb (Safeway?) but have found none (with or w/o miles).
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Getiton
Now we know where the coupons are.The Swiss employees at the factory are riping of their employer.
I heard some Cinemark employees fled the country and are now working at Emmi.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:11 pm

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 12, 2009 at 8:10 pm
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:13 pm

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 12, 2009 at 8:10 pm
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by pitcarin
found the Fondue at Super Target today but no miles. No cheese wheels
Located where in the store? I cruised several Super Targets and Albertson's looking for the cheese wheels today and just burned gas.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Plat
A good idea -- and if you put it on Youtube we'll all get to watch. And all you'd have to is email the link to Emi and you'd get a pretty quick response I'm sure. We could come up with a title. Quest for Swiss Knight. Swiss Knight Tragedy, etc.
Originally Posted by Hanlgt
my son suggested he videotape me actually opening up packages and finding nothing inside, but that was going a bit too far!
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Originally Posted by bxbkqu
I just bought 10 fondues tonight to check it out. All 10 had certificates. It was a brand new floor display....5.99ea.....
What city/store?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by patgee
Any found in the Dallas area? I have called all the Whole Foods and checked 2 Albertson's and 2 Tom Thumb (Safeway?) but have found none (with or w/o miles).

I’ve checked a Costco, 2 Targets, and an Albertson’s in west Plano and Frisco. At both Target’s I found the fondue for $8.99 without the AA label but no wheels. I’m going to check a couple of Kroger’s and a few other places tomorrow in the Plano, Irving and Addison areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.