Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:26 am

I visited the World Market in Fisherman's Wharf (SF) and they had tons of wheels for only $3.69 and fondue for $5.99. As someone mentioned earlier, the problem is that none of them had the AA sticker on the outside.

Given how many they had (literally 3 dozen in a bin), I'm not sure they will be reordering more anytime soon.

Worth monitoring though.
-g
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:52 am

Bay Area - FYI to save you some time

In the Berkeley / Oakland area:

Safeway - NO
Trader Joes - NO
Albertson's - NO
Cost Plus - NO

If anyone in the Bay Area finds a bulk deal at the prices mentioned in this thread, and needs additional buyers - I'll buy 200 packages.

BZ
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by tmcneill
To inpsire those who are having a hard time finding cheese, I just picked up another 40 wheels today for $2.99 each. Off to the food bank tommorrow with the unopened wheels. Make sure you check the near the Velveeta, Laughing Cow and Parmesian Cheese section. I have found alot of the wheels there.
Which food bank? Where?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by shoodawg
I know this because I have purchased quite a few wheels.
Shoodawg, I'm not trying to cross examine you, but IF I understood your message correctly, you have said that Emmi is distributing packages of Swiss Knight cheese marked as having the AA promo that in fact DO NOT contain the miles certificate?

Is that what you are saying?

If so, did you contact the company?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by tmcneill; Jun 1, 2011 at 8:56 pm
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:26 pm

ok, I found some Swiss Knight Assorted Wedges for $4 each with a cheese shop. I can buy 300 now and possibly order more later. I want about 50 for myself at the moment, so there are 250 left. If anyone would be willing to buy all 250 or maybe 2 people buying 125, that would be a big help organizationally. I don't feel comfortabel laying down all the cash for these, so it would be best if whoever want in could prepay. Of course we can talk on the phone, and share names of employers etc. just to feel comfortable doing this. Just respond to this if you want in. I will contact them and ask for a larger order after this one goes through if more people are interested. I just want to test the waters and see how this works for now.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by tmcneill
I will try the Bowery Mission (www.bowery.org) tomorrow. I called and they said they can give me a receipt for tax purposes. I didn't tell them that I need to pull out the certificates. I'll spring that on them when I get there. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Cool. Just remember to verify that they are a 501 (c) (3) charity with the IRS.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 6:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Sacramento - Citrus Heights World Markets, low turnover, no cheese product with AA coupons.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
Just got back from drive around Chicagoland.

Jewel Central/Lawrence-no
Jewel Foster/Cumberland-no
Dominicks Nagle/Milwaukee-no
Whole Foods Sheffield/North-no
Whole Foods Ashland/Belmont-no
World imports Sheffield/North-had wheels but not promo
Treasure Island Clybourn/Armitage-had fondue but not promo
Dominick Park Ridge @ Higgins and Cumberland had the fondue with promo miles. But at $8.99/e = about 1.9c per mile. I bought 4 packs. There are about 10-15 packages left.

Forgot:
Cosco and Target in Niles-Nada-Zilch-Nothing!!!!!
Thanks for the update. I only tried the River Forest Jewel and the Gurnee target with no luck. $8.99 is too much for me!

Deb
Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by DebBrown
Thanks for the update. I only tried the River Forest Jewel and the Gurnee target with no luck. $8.99 is too much for me!

Deb
$8.99? Do they get the cheese by FedEx?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Anyone from SFO area???
Old Nov 17, 2006, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Plat - SPG Plat - DL Gold - CO Gold
Group buy

A friend and I are interested in 2 million miles each ($24,000 or so of Cheese).

I am out of the country until year's end but he is going to make some calls.

I am concerned about donating that much cheese. Will anybody want that much?

Additionally we need to find a supplier. If anybody else is working on this and would like to colaborate please let me know.

Thanks, Jonathan
Old Nov 17, 2006, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by jonathanl
A friend and I are interested in 2 million miles each ($24,000 or so of Cheese).

I am out of the country until year's end but he is going to make some calls.

I am concerned about donating that much cheese. Will anybody want that much?

Additionally we need to find a supplier. If anybody else is working on this and would like to colaborate please let me know.

Thanks, Jonathan
I am interested in 1 million miles(about $6,000 of cheese) if we can find a supplier.

Also, are we're sure we won't run into any problems trying to redeem this many miles?
Old Nov 17, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Hmmm, I wonder what the annual production run of EMMI cheeses is. just beginning to do some basic multiplication and I have a feeling we may be able to singlehandedly drive their stock price through the roof...
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:58 am

Something tells me the company may not be interested in providing everyone millions of miles (as well as the cheese). I wonder how many miles they even purchased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.