Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 8:57 pm

Here in the desert all I am finding is d@mn Cow Laughing at me searching for Swiss Knights.

Found plenty of Swiss KInights without a plane. Mostly at Albertsons. They restocked and redesigned the Cheese display and restocked with more Wheels without planes.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 9:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Originally Posted by rrgg
Can I fly to Chicago for cheese? Is there cheese near ORD? Because there's none in my area (southern MA, RI), and I'd like to fly on the ORD bonus being offered. Will also work in the DFW bonus if there's cheese in Texas. Please advise.

Forget about ORD.

World Market Skokie-had about 20 wheels and about 15 fondue-old stock
Jewel-Niles-No

NYC seems to be a much better bet.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Talked to D***** at Emmi about the missing certs and where to find the cheese. He said my call is the first he's heard of missing certs. I told him I was considering buying more cheese than normal because of the promo, but was hesitant because of the missing certs.

I asked what would happen if the certs were missing in the packages I bought. He stated the cheese is packaged and the certs are put in at the factory in Switzerland. He stated there are no extra certs in America and it would be difficult to prove whether there was one in there to begin with, not implying I am dishonest but that other people may be. I told him I understand. He was very polite. He said an email or letter would not be enough.

He also stated people were calling asking where the promo cheese is. He said all the cheese goes through distributors, and the headquarters has no idea who has the old pre promo cheese and who has the new cheese. He said eventually, all the places that carry the wheels and fondue will have the new cheese.
chAArge the cheese AAnd dispute the chAArge on your credit cAArd if you don't get mileAAge certificAAtes.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 9:10 pm

Programs: US Air, AA, starwood gold, hilton gold, priority club
Too bad--those cheese wheels (the assorted variety) are all over the place in San Fernando Valley Albertson's for $4.99 if you like to gamble. With a less than 50% rate of success on finding a certificate, I refuse to buy them. Anyone who wants to send me $4.99 per wheel, plus shipping, I'll be glad to send some to you!

Hey why not? The expiration date on these babies is November, 2007!!!

Keep your eyes out for my upcoming YouTube video.....more exciting than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....and those tickets are sort of golden in color
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flyupfront
What city/store?
A&P ...Mahwah, NJ.....
Old Nov 21, 2006, 4:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Redemption Notes

While redeeming my codes last night, I noticed that there is no data validation taking place. Be careful when entering codes, AAdvantage #, etc....also, I received no confirming emails that I had entered the codes. I guess I will have to keep the stickers and see what posts. I wouldn't be betting the (dairy ?) farm on this promotion....
Old Nov 21, 2006, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Originally Posted by bxbkqu
While redeeming my codes last night, I noticed that there is no data validation taking place. Be careful when entering codes, AAdvantage #, etc....also, I received no confirming emails that I had entered the codes. I guess I will have to keep the stickers and see what posts. I wouldn't be betting the (dairy ?) farm on this promotion....
One could do a screen capture just before hitting the "submit" button for each code you enter.

With the short time needed for archiving, burning it into a couple CD's so you can clear the hard drive space again (if that is an issue for you) should be fine.

Steve
Old Nov 21, 2006, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by steve32
One could do a screen capture just before hitting the "submit" button for each code you enter.

With the short time needed for archiving, burning it into a couple CD's so you can clear the hard drive space again (if that is an issue for you) should be fine.

Steve

That is a brilliant idea ^ Combined with the videotapind idea we will be unstoppable
Old Nov 21, 2006, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by patgee
Any found in the Dallas area? I have called all the Whole Foods and checked 2 Albertson's and 2 Tom Thumb (Safeway?) but have found none (with or w/o miles).

If only because I can't think of anything more entertaining to do with a day off than be really obsessive over an unimportant thing, I hit four more Albertson's between DFW and far north Fort Worth on the way back from dropping somebody off at the airport. Only found a few unmarked boxes of fondue, which is a relief since since it seems hideously expensive for such a small package, and previous posters say it does not taste great and isn't less filling. I might have hated myself for actually buying it. Albertson's in Texas seems to carry 50 varieties of Laughing Cow, but no Swiss Knights. I wonder if its a coastal distribution thing.

Either that or the Laughing Cows paid off Bevo, the Texas Longhorn mascot and godbull of the Austin dairy products syndicate for an exclusive. Probably a half dozen red cows with those smirky laughing faces cornered the Texas Albertson's regional manager behind the store and forced him into a refrigerator truck, where Bevo made him an offer he couldn't refuse. "Moo. Bonjoir, y'all. Whass it gonna be? We give you a little advertising money. You give my girls all the cooler space. We all sell a lot of cheese. Or you stock the Swiss stuff and root for A&M Friday and we give you a horn in a really unhappy place. Your choice. Moo".
Old Nov 21, 2006, 9:42 am

Programs: AA-plt
Originally Posted by jayer
If only because I can't think of anything more entertaining to do with a day off than be really obsessive over an unimportant thing, I hit four more Albertson's between DFW and far north Fort Worth on the way back from dropping somebody off at the airport.
Albertson's in Texas seems to carry 50 varieties of Laughing Cow, but no Swiss Knights. I wonder if its a coastal distribution thing.
I've found nothing at 2 Tom Thumbs, 1 Albertons, and 2 super targets, I have seen the Swiss Knights brand at these stores, but nothing with the promo. Stores I've been to are in Plano, Richardson, Wylie...Nada I have given up looking for the cheese.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 9:49 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Has anyone tried WholeFoodS at Columbus circle and Union Square?Any location in midtown NY?

Last edited by MACH81; Nov 21, 2006 at 10:44 am
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:07 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Struck out at several Safeways and Albertsons in Tucson, AZ. None at SW, and Alb had unmarked ones. I was hoping to get enough points to pay for our honeymoon trip to either HI or the south pacific, or maybe a trip to YVR to go to whistler. I'll keep watching I guess in hopes that they re-stock. At $4 per cheese at Alb, it makes it less attractive anyways.

Last edited by edlin303; Oct 23, 2011 at 9:18 pm
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:36 am

Earn 500 AAdvantage miles for purchase of Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese.

Originally Posted by Hanlgt
Too bad--those cheese wheels (the assorted variety) are all over the place in San Fernando Valley Albertson's for $4.99 if you like to gamble. With a less than 50% rate of success on finding a certificate, I refuse to buy them. Anyone who wants to send me $4.99 per wheel, plus shipping, I'll be glad to send some to you!

Hey why not? The expiration date on these babies is November, 2007!!!

Keep your eyes out for my upcoming YouTube video.....more exciting than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....and those tickets are sort of golden in color
Can I have what Albertson's in San Fernanda Valley have these Cheese with AA Cirtificate? What the main streets of these store?
I am searching in Chatworth and Canoga Park. I did not find anyone.
Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by loudgonzo
I've found nothing at 2 Tom Thumbs, 1 Albertons, and 2 super targets, I have seen the Swiss Knights brand at these stores, but nothing with the promo. Stores I've been to are in Plano, Richardson, Wylie...Nada I have given up looking for the cheese.
Nothing at the Tom Thumbs in Ft. Worth area. Nuts!
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:45 pm

Add me to the list for wholesale purchases if anyone organizes that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.