Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Alcoholic drinks in AC

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Because unlike DL, NW, CO, AS and WN (which pretty much gives FFers more drinks than they can stomach) AA is not a first class airline that takes care of its customers and employees.
Well... I have to admit, if we're in the business of grossly ignorant blanket statements... what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Anyhow, I do love WN's first class arrivals lounge. ^
Old May 14, 2007, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bjtaylor
Well... I have to admit, if we're in the business of grossly ignorant blanket statements... what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
He speaks very highly of you!
Old May 14, 2007, 6:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Because unlike DL, NW, CO, AS and WN (which pretty much gives FFers more drinks than they can stomach) AA is not a first class airline that takes care of its customers and employees.
You mean to tell me that you don't feel honored that AA will take your money and may or may not get you to your destination along with your luggage somewhere close to the time that you wanted to arrive? You don't appreciate the poor service and hateful attitudes? You don't feel safe in 15 to 20 year old aircraft that has proven it's air worthiness by flying 100's of thousands of hours? You don't enjoy spending your money with a company with such poor labor relations that the relationship between management and labor is just short of armed conflict?

For shame, for shame, for shame! You just don't enjoy the finer things in life do you?
Old May 14, 2007, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Exec, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Rewards
wow - the ONLY time i get the certificate is when i am flying internationally. is there a written policy??
Old May 14, 2007, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by bjtaylor
Well...what you've (worldwidedreamer) just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
bjtaylor: how about it rephrased like this:

"Because unlike DL, NW, CO, AS and WN (which pretty much gives FFers more drinks than they can stomach) AA is no longer a first class airline that takes care of its customers and employees."
Old May 15, 2007, 12:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
So, as I sit here in the LHR Terraces lounge, with unencumbered access to complimentary adult beverages I might add, I thought I'd check in on this thread.

So, I'm beginning to wonder since noone chimed in, that the agent may have been technically correct.

Have my prior experiences of going back and asking for another 2 after the first 2 were used an exception?
Old May 15, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Exec, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Rewards
you must have better luck than me...only receive chits for intl travel!
Old May 15, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by gatemando
you must have better luck than me...only receive chits for intl travel!
What posts do you keep responding to? Are you a Quantas Club member? If not you should not expect chits except when flying Int'l, and no one else appears to be reporting that they are receiving them at any other time.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
This week I had an extremely unsatisfying episode with an AAngel in MiAAmi. When I requested drink coupons, she stated they were for international passengers only. I reminded her I was a Qantas member and she had no reply. I then stated it was policy to which her eyes raised and she looked around at the other Aangels for backup.

I sent an email to Admirals' Club Customer Service and received this reply:

An update to this previous poster...just entered the MIA Admirals Club in Concourse D, using my Qantas Club card, and was told no drink chits unless plat/explat traveling on an intl itin. I mentioned that other clubs I've been to offer the chits, including LAX, ORD, and DFW, and she said they were wrong! Crazy. My onward itin is MIA-MCO. Didn't feel like holding up my laptop with the previous poster's e-mail received from Admirals Club CS but shot off my own quesstion to the club.

Fortunately my "adult beverage" consumption was adequate on my LAX-MIA flight this morning so it's no big deal to go without for a couple hours. But it's the principle!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.