Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Alcoholic drinks in AC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
QF (Qantas) club member.
So you are suggesting that QP was a typo?
I did a search for 'QP member'
Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Robert5988
Yes I am.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:57 am

Programs: AA PLT MM
Originally Posted by Robert5988
I did a search for 'QP member'
... or as noted in this Sticky on the Qantas board,

QP Qantas Pub - the lounges at the airports which have signage which has, unfortunately, been misspelt by the signwriters - they always seem to make it out to read "Qantas Club", you would think they would get it right one of these days.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by plasticman
... or as noted in this Sticky on the Qantas board.
Ah, it's not a typo. Thank you plasticman.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 9:33 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
Originally Posted by andrzej
If one is an EXP and either going to or coming from London through ORD (per your example), then regardless of class of service, one is entitled to the Flagship Lounge where it's an open bar, no chits required.
Andrzej: If one is travelling from another AA Euro city via ORD - I'm thinking Dublin - and is EXP - is the same Flagship Lounge access available? Or must one be travelling on a route where international F service is offered? (As it would not be to or from DUB/SNN...two-cabin only.)
Old Aug 28, 2006, 9:37 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As an EXP (or OW Emerald) you'd have access to the ORD FL when connecting from an inbound international flight to a domestic flight regardless of class flown.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bostom
Andrzej: If one is travelling from another AA Euro city via ORD - I'm thinking Dublin - and is EXP - is the same Flagship Lounge access available? Or must one be travelling on a route where international F service is offered? (As it would not be to or from DUB/SNN...two-cabin only.)
Yep, lounge access is based on availability at the airport (and of course your having an international, ow flight that day). The FL lounge at ORD is yours to use, even if flying Y on a two class flight.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:35 pm

Does one gain acceess if...

flying internationally with a rewards business class ticket?
Old Aug 29, 2006, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by yamonjon
Yes
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:44 pm

Excellent news.

Thank you,

Yamonjon
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Admirals Club access only, not Flagship Lounge.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
"Real" international under the AA definition though.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I presume to meet the OW terms and their clubs with self-serve they use the chits, but cannot limit the chits either - but they haven't limited me other than the amount at one time. Probably to avoid spreading them around your domestic travelling mates.
Don't forget that some domestic QP's in Australia have barmen and are thus not self serve, although fortunately you don't have to hand over a chit to get a drink. I suspect the barman is largely there to stop overconsumption and thus prevent certain frequent domestic flyers from getting themselves into trouble. Having said that, I have yet to see anyone being refused a drink at a QP.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:16 pm

Official: Qantas Club Members to Get 2 Drink Chits in Admirals' Clubs

This week I had an extremely unsatisfying episode with an AAngel in MiAAmi. When I requested drink coupons, she stated they were for international passengers only. I reminded her I was a Qantas member and she had no reply. I then stated it was policy to which her eyes raised and she looked around at the other Aangels for backup.

I sent an email to Admirals' Club Customer Service and received this reply:
Dear Mr. PHLbuddy,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your concerns.

As a Qantas member, two drink coupons are provided in our domestic lounges, including San Juan and Toronto. All beverages, including alcoholic beverages are complimentary in international club locations. Guest of Club members are not entitled to drink coupons.

We want to know whenever a member is disappointed with our service. We have clearly defined policies covering all areas of customer contact and a comprehensive quality measurement program to ensure we are meeting our high standards. These policies require that we treat our members in a fair and courteous manner. Rudeness will not be tolerated. Accordingly, we will follow up on this matter and thoroughly review the circumstances with the representative to ensure there is no misunderstanding about what is expected.

Mr. PHLbuddy, I apologize that we failed to achieve the friendly, professional level of service which you have come to expect from the Admirals club staff and to which you are entitled.

Again, thank you for your email. Your patronage is important to us and we look forward to another opportunity soon to provide the superior service you deserve as customer of American Airlines and as a member of the Admirals Club.

Kind regards,

[Name Deleted]

Admirals Club Headquarters

American Airlines

[Direct Telephone # Deleted]
Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Tip: carry the e-mail with you . They are not that great in interpreting the rules and they at times guard the chits like they are gold bullion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.