Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Alcoholic drinks in AC

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 10:09 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Might someone be able to post a photo of a drink chit so that those of us not lucky enough to have seen one of these ephemera might know what to look for?
the drink chits are about 2"x5", white/lt gray, with AC logo and date stamped for the day it was issued. I've always gotten 2 when departing int'l, never had to ask. They seem to work in the connecting AC as well, not just departure city. Showing your BP for admit is the way to go as they are based on departing int'l itin, not AC membership status.
Old May 13, 2007, 12:51 pm

If you're non status but flying internationally on a J or F award as I understand it (I think) you can use the AC at your international gateway. If so, can you ask for a drink chit with any reasonable chance of getting one or is this considered bad manners?
Old May 13, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
And if you do not partake of alcoholic beverages, remember that these can be used for bottled water or juice. This is even more useful now with Kip's War-On-Water.
Old May 13, 2007, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
And if you do not partake of alcoholic beverages, remember that these can be used for bottled water or juice. This is even more useful now with Kip's War-On-Water.
Bottled Juice? If so they might be some use to me, but seeing as how all soft drinks are free anyway I don't think I have ever had cause to use one before.
Old May 13, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by andrzej
Lesson for the day:

Enterering AC based on:

1. AC membership - no drink coupons, ever

2. Status, Plat and EXP, and long haul international itn, regardless of COS - entitled to 2 drink coupons and if needed, more. The trick here is not to use AC membership card, but to use your status card/BP combo to gain entrance..
This is wrong as well You can enter on your card and if you qualify in J international or PLT/EXP international you can get drink chits by asking. Use of the card doesn't mean you can't get the drinks. In reality you don't need the card for entry but using it doesn't preempt anything.
Old May 13, 2007, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
This is wrong as well You can enter on your card and if you qualify in J international or PLT/EXP international you can get drink chits by asking. Use of the card doesn't mean you can't get the drinks. In reality you don't need the card for entry but using it doesn't preempt anything.
I believe you misunderstood my post.

Entering AC on the basis of "membership only" will NOT get you a drink coupon, period! That's all I was trying to say.
Old May 13, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond;
It's the Boarding Pass!!

Originally Posted by andrzej
Entering AC on the basis of "membership only" will NOT get you a drink coupon, period! That's all I was trying to say.
And that is [I]the point[I]. AA Plats and AC members who are used to flashing their club card need to remember to use their boarding pass to gain entry and get drink chits. Guilty here of forgetting that more than once.
Old May 13, 2007, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by Nosmo King
And that is [I]the point[I]. AA Plats and AC members who are used to flashing their club card need to remember to use their boarding pass to gain entry and get drink chits. Guilty here of forgetting that more than once.
Exactly. AFAIK, AC AAngels can't see your itn when you flash your membership card or tell them your AAdvantage number.

Free drinks happen when they know you have Plat or above status and are on a long haul international itn and that could only be proved with a BP. (ok, it can be proved other ways but in MOST cases people have their BPs and it's the easiest way).
Old May 13, 2007, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by Nosmo King
That's my crime, I just use my AC card to gain access. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old May 13, 2007, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
...remember that these can be used for bottled water or juice. This is even more useful now with Kip's War-On-Water.
And AA's "war on passengers" by charging $2 for a bottle of water in the AC! Shame on AA
Old May 13, 2007, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
A Quantas Club card will get you some drink chits no matter what itn you're on. Not to add to the confusion, but it may be a good investment for some.
Old May 13, 2007, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
OK, i am sure this has been answered before, but why the h does AA play these drink games with the AC? Why not just do like DL, NW, CO, AS, nearly-every-overseas-lounge, etc and just make the drinks complimentary???
Old May 14, 2007, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by pistonsdc
I'll see that and raise you one: I have only been an AC member for 6 months, but have traveled internationally twice (once as a plat, once as EXP) and I have never even SEEN a drink chit. I pass through the AC in DCA and MIA once a week.

Seriously, what do they look like? Is it a piece of paper with a date on it? Or could I save one for use at a later time or another AC if I wanted?
Here is a link to a post on Australian Frequent Flyer; it contains the following link to an image of the front of a chit.

AC Drink 'Chit'.

They are generally stamped with a date.
Old May 14, 2007, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by nroscoe
And AA's "war on passengers" by charging $2 for a bottle of water in the AC! Shame on AA
So what are the current prices for things in the AC?

Water - tap
Water - bottled
Soda
Juices
Well Drinks
Call Drinks
Old May 14, 2007, 1:56 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
OK, i am sure this has been answered before, but why the h does AA play these drink games with the AC? Why not just do like DL, NW, CO, AS, nearly-every-overseas-lounge, etc and just make the drinks complimentary???
Because unlike DL, NW, CO, AS and WN (which pretty much gives FFers more drinks than they can stomach) AA is no longer a first class airline that takes care of its customers and employees.

Last edited by worldwidedreamer; May 14, 2007 at 11:24 pm Reason: another FTer expressed my thoughts better than I could...AA used to be a great airline! (And hopefully will be again someday)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.