Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Alcoholic drinks in AC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Back on topic, folks.

Topic is alcoholic drinks in the AC... and since the original question has been answered, please refrain from posting unless you have something on topic to contribute.

techgirl
AA co-mod
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:34 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by andrzej
If one is an EXP and either going to or coming from London through ORD (per your example), then regardless of class of service, one is entitled to the Flagship Lounge where it's an open bar, no chits required.
I was ignoring the issue of the Flagship on purpose! This post was about chits .. and why people got none or one or two.

I did not want to start the 'why is there no Flagship in xxx'.

PS .. in my example I would personally not hit the FL on my return to ORD as that FL has no showers! And I prefer to dry out a bit (dry off from the shower and dry out as in no drinkies) after a long international flight!
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:31 am

Is there a published policy or as it appears just to vary. I usally get two for what it is worth regardless of time of day.

How does AC handle one world flyers used to unlimited drinks?

Has AC ever thought about offering something similar to memebers on a limited basis?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by PMMMColonel
I usally get two for what it is worth regardless of time of day.
That has been my experience.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:29 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by PMMMColonel
How does AC handle one world flyers used to unlimited drinks?
Only once have I been refused a third drink chit: SFO and it only happened one time. My sample size is pretty low as I usually don't have time for more than three.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:54 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
They will give them as many as you ask for in groups of two at a time in MIA A and D clubs. Use up the 2, go back and ask for 2 more. I presume to meet the OW terms and their clubs with self-serve they use the chits, but cannot limit the chits either - but they haven't limited me other than the amount at one time. Probably to avoid spreading them around your domestic travelling mates.

Prepare to prove your chitworthiness each time, international BP to show them.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT MM
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
... prove your chitworthiness each time ...
... and try not to get too chitfaced while in the AC
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I guess under the local alcohol serving rules someone can cut someone off, though I suspect the bartender would have that role. But I can imagine the gate ladies saying no to someone in his cups.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 9:45 pm

Traveling J, I always have received 2. I have asked for "reloads" and have never had a problem. This is at RDU, ORD and JFK.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:02 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sj-flyer
I agree that it depends on the location. Two weeks ago I departed SJC on the flight to NRT (one of the last) and I was given only 1. I was flying in J, so I did not worry about it. At other AC when flying International I have been given either 1 or 2.
Just flew SJC-LAX-LHR last week. I was given, without asking, 1 at SJC and 2 at LAX.

cat22
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:06 pm

Programs: Ex-BA Silver; Ex-UA Premier
[QUOTE=Robert5988]I am Plat and use the AC only on international flights mainly in Bos, ORD & Mia....
..... every time my name and Flt No are written on the chit.

I too am PLT and have been an AC member for over 30 years. During that time I have made many flights using every AA international departure city (except RDU). I don't remember when they started giving out the drink chits. They could have been doing it long before I ever got one because I may have shown only my card and not my ticket. But I have never had my name or flight number written on a chit - only a date stamp.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:09 pm

I'll add that as a QP member, I have never been refused my two drink chits and seldom have time for more. I sometimes have to remind the gatekeeper (gently: "Any chance of a drink?") but more often am offered them spontaneously, even early in the morning. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the early morning drinks now that I can't take water for the plane...

Michael
Old Aug 28, 2006, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WhoME
I'll add that as a QP member, I have never been refused my two drink chits and seldom have time for more. I sometimes have to remind the gatekeeper (gently: "Any chance of a drink?") but more often am offered them spontaneously, even early in the morning. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the early morning drinks now that I can't take water for the plane...

Michael
QP member?

QP = Qualifying Points, but QP member?

Last edited by Robert5988; Aug 28, 2006 at 1:36 am
Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:11 am

Programs: AA PLT MM
Originally Posted by Robert5988
QP member?
Qantas Pub (Qantas equiv to AC) would be my guess.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Robert5988
QP member?

QP = Qualifying Points, but QP member?
QF (Qantas) club member. Many of us have given up our AC membership for QF club membership. If you're willing to pay for four or more years in advance, the price is about the same, but the benefits are better: in addition to access to QF clubs, you get access to ACs (with drink chits) and BA and US clubs. If you do a search, there are discussions of this on the board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.