Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis AA 25th Anniversary Promo

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2006, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry crump
only prefferred select and higher members can store their FF# online. Basic members do it only at the airport.
Thank you for the clarification!
Old May 31, 2006, 4:25 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jerry crump
only prefferred select and higher members can store their FF# online. Basic members do it only at the airport.
I'm not sure I have the terms right, but Preferred members (as opposed to Preferred Select?) can store the number as well. And it only requires signing up to be Preferred- no usage requirements.

Cheers.
Old May 31, 2006, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Correct. It does seem that only Airport locations seem to participate in this Promo. The most important way to find this out is if the online reservation accepts BOTH the K817125 AWD and MUAA067 discount code then it is valid. Otherwise, NO bonus miles.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this ? The initial offer's T&C only mentioned using K817125 not any copuon code. I thought the coupon code was to help people who already had an AWD linked to their AVIS preferred number.

thanks,
Old May 31, 2006, 5:29 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GumboCook

Are you sure about this ? The initial offer's T&C only mentioned using K817125 not any copuon code. I thought the coupon code was to help people who already had an AWD linked to their AVIS preferred number.

thanks,
As mentioned earlier in this thread (I know it's painful to read the whole thing, but it has already been answered) the AWD gives the 25% discount and the coupon code gives the bonus miles. While I think the T&Cs should mention both, doing the booking through their link automatically inserts this.

Cheers.
Old May 31, 2006, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by brp
I'm not sure I have the terms right, but Preferred members (as opposed to Preferred Select?) can store the number as well. And it only requires signing up to be Preferred- no usage requirements.

Cheers.
You may be correct I really just ment to say that the basic member had to enter FF# at the airport the premium members can enter online but I don't know about all the different premium memberships.
Old May 31, 2006, 11:02 pm

2 hours left for west coast reservations. Avis uses the time at the rental location as the time of the reservation so the promo has ended for the right coast. You west coast 25 year members are going to regret it if you don't get the max out of this one.
Old May 31, 2006, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I got all my weekend reservations down for the rest of the year... I'm hoping that modifying the reservations won't change the fact that they were made before 6/1.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I made the original reservation on May 10 using the AA codes. Today, I tried to change the pick-up time. Original time is 9am but now, we won't be there until around 6pm (same day). Since the promotion expired on 5/31, it won't allow the change and now quotes me a much higher rate. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 9:45 pm
SST

Don't worry about a 9am->6pm pickup too much. Unless the location is sold out of cars, there's only a slight hassle of having them pull up your reservation upon arrival. "Uh, I was delayed..." ought to be in your lexicon. Works like a charm, unless you're renting on a Sunday and hoping to get the weekend rate or something......
Old Jun 6, 2006, 3:15 pm
SST

Gadzooks!

Well, now I'm not so certain of my posts above. A few days ago, I had scored two of these bonuses, supposedly, and in each case on check-in of the vehicle I came away with a receipt that had somehow morphed my K817125 AWD into K817102.

I called Avis the first time, and after a bunch of time on hold, they told me not to worry, I'd get my bonus. So I wasn't too worried when exactly the same thing happened the second rental.

But now I've had a third rental of 3 days, over a Saturday night, using AWD K817125 and Coupon Code MUAA067, and THIS TIME, ON CHECKIN, MY AWD# REMAINED K817125. Worse yet, a "250 mile bonus" showed up after my first rental.

Possible alternatives:

1) Avis had some other system, but because of calls like mine, they fixed it. And gave me 250 miles for being so on top of stuff (Pollyanna. No damned chance.)

2) Avis originally decided that by flagging all 817125 rentals, they could most easily give AA the right data to give us all this bonanza of miles on each and every rental--- and someone decided to change the 817125 to the other code after the data had been snagged, so that they wouldn't award it twice if it became necessary to do a second pass. Now, because somebody else found it was working, they eliminated the last step (TechGeek: this is just the triumph of hope over experience. It might be true, but it's a longshot).

3) I'm screwed: I'm going to get the bonus for my Third Attempt, and the first two attempts are going to be yet another big old argument with AA and Avis alternately pointing fingers at each other, saying I need to talk to the other, and both denying they can fix it. I'll waste a couple more hours on this over the next six months, finally get the miles, but the whole thing will have been the reason I take prilosec. And again I'll finish with a bad feeling about all these promotions. (Mr. Realist. Bet with the winner.)

-How's it coming for you? And anyone yet get a posting?
Old Jun 6, 2006, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by SST
Nary a shimmer.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 6:42 pm
In memoriam

When the Avis promotion came out (up to 6250 miles per rental) I tried to book an Atlanta rental, but couldn't get the avis.com site to cooperate. I pretty much forgot about it until May 31 when I decided to book a couple of weekends with the codes and worry about it later (if I was actually going to use the car). On May 31 I called Avis to book the reservations as I was out of town and not near a computer.

I gave the agent the coupon codes and award number and explained specifically that I was booking on May 31 to get in on the Avis 25-year AA bonus.

I just got back home today, and looking at the reservation in avis.com, the award on the reservation is K817100, with no coupon code.

I tried to find the terms of the offer at aadvantage25.com, but there was nothing there to look at. (The site simply says the promotion is over, or something to that effect.)

Qustions: Did I have to register to be eligible for the extra miles? Did I have to book on-line to qualify for the extra miles? I just called Avis and the agent told me that there is a "blackout" on the MUAA067 code effective June 1 (in other words, the travel can't take place after June 1). Although I'm not sure he really "knew," he said that the record showed I had booked on May 31, so he would be entitled to adjust the account, but the computer wouldn't accept the coupon code because of the blackout. This makes no sense as I thought the promotion was good for travel up to the end of 2006.

He changed the K187100 to K187125 and that brought the price down on both of my reservations, one from ~$184 to ~$175, the other from ~$268 to ~$210.

This isn't a life or death matter, but does someone know if there is a place to locate the terms of the promotion so I can see if I somehow qualified, or if I just botched everything up?
Old Jun 6, 2006, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
Originally Posted by SST

But now I've had a third rental of 3 days, over a Saturday night, using AWD K817125 and Coupon Code MUAA067, and THIS TIME, ON CHECKIN, MY AWD# REMAINED K817125. Worse yet, a "250 mile bonus" showed up after my first rental.

Well my AA account showed two (2) 150 mile entry for my two rentals on May 26th. But no 5K bonus yet. Will give it 30 days to see if it will post later.

During checkin I made sure that that the AWD and COUPON code were both in the system before the rental record was printed.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Followed all the procedures and got 400 miles instead of 6250 (member since 1981). Customer Service said to wait until the end of June and should get 6250 in addition to the 400. Now, that would be nice. Also got 2 free weekend days from AVIS. That arrived in the mail yesterday. My rental was a week in early May, ending around the 15th.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:39 pm

Location: 1 hour from Khao Yai, Thailand. No longer Bangkok, China, Taiwan , Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by brp
As mentioned earlier in this thread (I know it's painful to read the whole thing, but it has already been answered) the AWD gives the 25% discount and the coupon code gives the bonus miles. While I think the T&Cs should mention both, doing the booking through their link automatically inserts this.

Cheers.
Actually, the AWD triggers both, post80 by YourAmericanVoice:

YourAAdvantageVoice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. It is per rental. We have sent a reminder to AAdvantage Customer Service to make sure everyone is on the same page and we are trying to get the T&C's on the site updated.
2. Enrollmentment date: we are rounding up, so that the month/day you joined doesn't really matter. For example, if you joined in January 1990 or December 1990, your "multiplier" will be 16 years.
3. The AWD code K817125 triggers both the 25% discount and the mileage bonus. However, we discovered that when members input their Wizard number, for example, it was overriding the AWD code, so we added the CPN code MUAA067 to ensure the bonus miles would be received.

Let me know if there's anything else. I'm sorry for the delay in responding but I was out of town with my family. My spouse, who has been an AAdvantage member since November 1991, rented from AVIS Thursday night and we returned the car Sunday morning. So for extra credit, how many miles can we expect to earn for this rental? (This is not a trick question!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.