Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis AA 25th Anniversary Promo

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
How do they know how many miles you get?
Even if they were right about you having 25 years in, the forgot about the other 50 miles per day.
The agent wasn`t literally sitting there with a calculator to calculate miles for me----what I found impressive was that, without prompting, they knew that code was good for a lot of bonus miles---up to 6250 in this case. Perhaps that showed up on their computer screen when they input the code...Anyway, I was positively impressed!
Old May 25, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Are bonuses appearing yet?

Originally Posted by YourAAdvantageVoice
The AVIS bonuses will be posted monthly so within 1-2 summaries after the transaction you can expect to see the bonus posted.
250 miles from a 5 day Avis rental on 5/10 posted to my account today, but no bonus. I wasn't really expecting the bonus yet based on the information provided by YourAAdvantageVoice, but I believe that I did everything correctly as far as the registration and rental so I'm anxious to see those 3250 bonus miles based on my 13 yeAArs.

Are other FTers starting to see the bonuses appear?
Old May 26, 2006, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bob
Some people have found this promo does not work out for them, but it works quite nicely for me!

I need a car for 8 days in HNL in September. If I go to Avis and do not use the 25th Anniv number, I get a quote of $426 for a Chevy Impala. If I book the same deal using the 25th Anniv promo, my total price drops to $328. That price is very competitive with the lower priced agencies, (Alamo, etc).

Given the price plus the miles bonus, I will be taking advantage of this deal.
offer valid in the 48 contigious states not HNL.
Old May 26, 2006, 4:10 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I just finished a one-week rental from LAX that ran across the weekend for $135. (I booked directly online at My Avis, using the code. It was less than any other company on Orbitz.) I see 400 miles posted to my AAccount. I've been in AAdvantage for 20 years, so expect to see 5,000 mi. posted by 6-8 weeks, or I will follow up.

Going in, I thought this looked like the prize in the Crackerjack box for the month. If it's per rental, and looking at the above calculations, it's the diamond in the box. I called and asked two AAdv. CSRs. Both said it's one-shot. Not knowing this board very well, I hope "YourAAdv..." is authoritative, as I've booked three more rentals that fit the parameters.
Old May 28, 2006, 3:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
AAdvantage number and off-airport rentals

I have made an advance reservation with Avis using K817125, but noticed that the Avis site did not ask for my AAdvantage number. So I looked further into the Avis site and found:
Frequent Flyer Miles
It's easy to request miles or points for your qualifying rentals. Members of Avis Preferred Service can provide their airline or hotel account number at the time of reservation. All other renters must provide their airline or hotel account number at the rental counter. Add your frequent traveler information to obtain your points / miles to your rental. Points / miles may not be earned on rentals at off airport locations
I tried to sign up for Avis Preferred Service, but it would not accept me as a UK resident.

So my questions are:

1. Presumably one still gets the bonus miles by quoting the AAdvantage number at the rental counter?

2. The terms of the Avis offer state under the 25% discount "Offer is available for U.S. and Canadian residents only", but I assume that UK residents are eligible for the bonus miles when renting in the US? (Despite what it said, I also seemed to get some sort of discount.)

3. I am renting from an airport, but the rules above seem to suggest that other people renting at off airport locations may not get their bonus miles??
Old May 28, 2006, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AA
How long for "regular" Avis miles to post?

I turned in an Avis car last Monday morning. How long does it take for the "regular" AA miles to post from Avis for this rental? I should also get the bonus miles, but I understand that will take much longer.
Old May 30, 2006, 5:26 am

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
Originally Posted by nbevan
I have made an advance reservation with Avis using K817125, but noticed that the Avis site did not ask for my AAdvantage number.
When making your resv online it will allow you to enter your AA number under personal preferences at the last step.

Make new reserv ->
Rental date & time ->Rates & Discount (enter K817125 & Coupon MUAA067 here) -> Car Selection (Intermediate class) -> Rate Confirmation -> Personal Information : Preferences : Freq Traveler Prog=AA, membership=Your AA FF #

1. Presumably one still gets the bonus miles by quoting the AAdvantage number at the rental counter?
Yes, but it is better to enter it when booking online. But double check your rental copy for the AA number on there.

2. The terms of the Avis offer state under the 25% discount "Offer is available for U.S. and Canadian residents only", but I assume that UK residents are eligible for the bonus miles when renting in the US? (Despite what it said, I also seemed to get some sort of discount.)
I am not sure about this. Perhaps someone else can comment

3. I am renting from an airport, but the rules above seem to suggest that other people renting at off airport locations may not get their bonus miles??
Correct. It does seem that only Airport locations seem to participate in this Promo. The most important way to find this out is if the online reservation accepts BOTH the K817125 AWD and MUAA067 discount code then it is valid. Otherwise, NO bonus miles.
Old May 30, 2006, 6:07 am
LRD

Programs: AA 6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Even though I reserved using K817125 -- and have a print-out of my reservation that reflects this -- my on-line receipt (viewable on avis.com under MyAvis) shows the AWD code as K8171025. This gets truncated to K817102 on the "transaction record" they print-out when you return the car.

Anyone else seeing this? And, if you are, anyone want to bet that we'll have a hassle getting the bonus?
Old May 31, 2006, 6:51 am
SST

I, too, am experiencing the AVIS AWD SHUFFLE!

I've now booked and completed TWO weekend rentals of three+ days including a Saturday night, using K817125 and MUAA067 at qualifying rental locations. IN EACH CASE, at checkin of the vehicle, I find that Avis has unilaterally CHANGED my AWD number to K817102, and there is no mention of the MUAA067 coupon.

On the first one, I didn't notice until I was already in the plane and gone. I called Avis the next day, and after some period where they had no idea what I was talking about, they assured me they could see that my reservation was booked properly and that I would get my miles. I attributed this to an idiot at that particular airport counter, and my bad for failing to check on leaving.

As Ron Popiel says, "But Wait! There's more!" Surprise, surprise, it happened again, exactly as the first time, two days ago. Avis is batting two-for-two on this, and I can't help but wondering if others are all seeing the same phenomenon. Anyone out there who has better contacts than I do with Avis who can comment on whether we are going to see real mileage on this promotion, or going to have to argue the whole way?

In preparation of the latter, I insisted that the desk reprint both my reservation and my checkout, each showing the K817125 number, which I have preserved along with the check-in slip. This is just too much mileage to give up on, especially since I changed one of these rentals from a "freebie" weekend into a paid one just to get the miles......
Old May 31, 2006, 1:50 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
I had two reservations with Avis using the awd and the coupon. Both times I had to verify the numbers and both times they were in the computer correctly but not on my contract properly nor on my receipt correctly.

The first time I was charged the wrong amount at check in and had to go into the counter. The agent quoted me the correct rate, the correct AWD and coupon number, looked at my receipt and spent over 15 minutes trying to make them the same. He couldn't figure out what the problem was or why it wasn't working. Finally everything printed correctly.

The second time, last weekend again the information was in the computer but nothing would print out on my receipts and I had to go into the counter. The agent printed out a corrected receipt.

I figure I need them to fax to AA to collect my points.
Old May 31, 2006, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat - 2MM, SPG Gold
How long does it take Avis to Post AA Miles?
Old May 31, 2006, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by digideals
How long does it take Avis to Post AA Miles?
For regular rentals, about a week or so. For the bonus, we've been told earlier in this thread that it will take 1-2 months.

Mike
Old May 31, 2006, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lesenok
When making your resv online it will allow you to enter your AA number under personal preferences at the last step.

Make new reserv ->
Rental date & time ->Rates & Discount (enter K817125 & Coupon MUAA067 here) -> Car Selection (Intermediate class) -> Rate Confirmation -> Personal Information : Preferences : Freq Traveler Prog=AA, membership=Your AA FF #

I have tried on two different reservations - I cannot get to the page that allows me to enter my AA #. My only preference choice is "smoking or non-smoking"...
Old May 31, 2006, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by 2TallSeaFlyer
I have tried on two different reservations - I cannot get to the page that allows me to enter my AA #. My only preference choice is "smoking or non-smoking"...
only prefferred select and higher members can store their FF# online. Basic members do it only at the airport.
Old May 31, 2006, 4:13 pm

Urgent reminder only a few hours left to book those cars.

Guys I think this promo was the sweetest of all the 25th aniversary and with only a few hours left to reserve some cars I think all of you real hardcore mileage hounds should consider making some bookings especially if you've been with AA 20+ years.

If you want multiple cars your spouse and co-workers can be on your contract but if you pick up more than 2 it requires a managers approval in the computer.

The 25% discount shows up when you return the car for the first time. So you will be paying less than the quoted rate online. It even tells you in the reservation process the coupon will be figured later.

Go ahead and make some reservations they are easy enough to cancel and don't require a credit card.

They have changed the rules on their website to clearly state up to 6250 per rental.

I've made all my reservations and I'm off to Mexico till tuesday.

Happy rentals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.