Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis AA 25th Anniversary Promo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by lesenok
Well my AA account showed two (2) 150 mile entry for my two rentals on May 26th. But no 5K bonus yet. Will give it 30 days to see if it will post later.

During checkin I made sure that that the AWD and COUPON code were both in the system before the rental record was printed.

I had more than 1 rental also on the 26th and I got the 150 mile bonus but for only one rental. Is there any trick to getting the miles when you rent more than one cat?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:25 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jerry crump
I had more than 1 rental also on the 26th and I got the 150 mile bonus but for only one rental. Is there any trick to getting the miles when you rent more than one cat?
You were renting cats? Maybe that was the problem .

I would think you'll have to call as multiple rentals ina day is probably not the norm, and the system may not handle it automatically.

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:55 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by brp
You were renting cats? Maybe that was the problem .

I would think you'll have to call as multiple rentals ina day is probably not the norm, and the system may not handle it automatically.

Cheers.

No I did rent a girl named Ina either.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP;*Wood PLT; HH Diamond
Well my AA account showed two (2) 150 mile entry for my two rentals on May 26th. But no 5K bonus yet. Will give it 30 days to see if it will post later.

There is still no one reporting getting the AVIS-AA 25 anniversary bonus miles on FT?
I called the AVIS Preferred Select number on my two qualifying rentals last month and they have acknowledged "it may take some time for AA to post them". Seems like finger pointing to me but I will also wait it out a bit to see if they can get this worked out.

T
Old Jun 10, 2006, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by stuartfla
they have acknowledged "it may take some time for AA to post them". Seems like finger pointing to me but I will also wait it out a bit to see if they can get this worked out.
T
Why would AA not wish to post the bonus miles if they had been submitted to them by the AAdvantage business partner? I would guess that anyone you speak with at Avis doesn't have the answer, nor anyone you might call at AA.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
No I did rent a girl named Ina either.

Sounds like a Russian name to me. Hope she knows how to drive

Seriously, my two rentals on same day pretty much had the AWD and Coupon code in the reservation. I am anxiously waiting if this works out as I have other rentals waiting in the wings
Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:37 am

Sounds like a Russian name to me. Hope she knows how to drive

Seriously, my two rentals on same day pretty much had the AWD and Coupon code in the reservation. I am anxiously waiting if this works out as I have other rentals waiting in the wings

I think you will automatically get your bonuses because you got your miles. I think I will have to ask for mine manually because I only got 1 150 mile credit posted even though I had the coupon code awd number and ff numbe on it and followed all te rules.

Funny you guys are setting me up with a russian gal, my russian wife and kids are in svo for the summer, so I'm definately not driving any cat.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

Funny you guys are setting me up with a russian gal, my russian wife and kids are in svo for the summer, so I'm definately not driving any cat.
Are they spending the summer at SVO 1 or 2?
Old Jun 12, 2006, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Karen2: Exactly as you, in every respect.

Originally Posted by Karen2
Followed all the procedures and got 400 miles instead of 6250 (member since 1981). Customer Service said to wait until the end of June and should get 6250 in addition to the 400. Now, that would be nice. Also got 2 free weekend days from AVIS. That arrived in the mail yesterday. My rental was a week in early May, ending around the 15th.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
Karen2: Exactly as you, in every respect.
I haven't had my rental post. But I undestand the bonus will post towards the end of the month in which your rental shows on the monthly summary.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
Are they spending the summer at SVO 1 or 2?

Believe me that immigration line at svo 1 seems like 3 months after a 10 hour flight.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by LRD
Even though I reserved using K817125 -- and have a print-out of my reservation that reflects this -- my on-line receipt (viewable on avis.com under MyAvis) shows the AWD code as K8171025. This gets truncated to K817102 on the "transaction record" they print-out when you return the car.

Anyone else seeing this? And, if you are, anyone want to bet that we'll have a hassle getting the bonus?

This is exactly what happened to me (and I'm hoping I have my original reservation printout (pre-AWD-swap) to back me up).

No one else has experienced this? I really need to find out if I have to be proactive here, or if everything will just happen magically in another month.

(And I'm pretty sure I never entered a coupon number -- I don't think that was going on at the time I made the reservation.)
Old Jun 13, 2006, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the record, my 25,000 AA miles (from the credit card offer) have already posted to my account.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by rungabic
This is exactly what happened to me (and I'm hoping I have my original reservation printout (pre-AWD-swap) to back me up).

No one else has experienced this? I really need to find out if I have to be proactive here, or if everything will just happen magically in another month.

(And I'm pretty sure I never entered a coupon number -- I don't think that was going on at the time I made the reservation.)
It happened to me too. I have the email confirmations as backup if needed.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 6:03 am

I called Avis customer service yesterday and found two things. Eventhough I had booked directly from the link on AA.com the coupon code MUAA067 was not in my reservation. the agent added it. she also read me a summary of the promotion from Avis' perspective. the wording said that Avis would only post one bonus irregardless of how many qualifying rentals were made. I made 4 and have used 2 of them so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.