Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of AA's Premium Security Checkpoints

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM
ORD Elite Security--Just came through ORD from NRT to MSY today--Elite point is to the left as you come off the Terminal Train escalator. The sign said: "First Class and EXP only." It took me 2 minutes from start to finish!!!!
Old May 23, 2006, 4:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by John Brock
ORD Elite Security--Just came through ORD from NRT to MSY today--Elite point is to the left as you come off the Terminal Train escalator. The sign said: "First Class and EXP only." It took me 2 minutes from start to finish!!!!
This is discussed in posts 77 and 78 above, and is between gates G and H. Unfortunately, it is not always this quick, however. I was there on Friday afternoon and while this lane is dedicated to EXP and First Class only, I specifically watched someone in the lanes for regular passengers. He entered the line the same time I entered the EXP line and he emerged first. It's all a matter of timing, I guess.
Old May 25, 2006, 7:31 am

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Memphis

AA leaves from Concourse C. There is only one line. At 5:10am, the line was 10-15 minutes long
Old May 25, 2006, 9:01 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Yeah, same thing at DCA this past Monday. DCA normally has very short lines. I think this is due to the very early hour and a line forming prior to security actually opening, and/or (as you indicated) only having 1 line to inadequately service the workload. I know when I arrive at DCA at 6 AM there is usually no line to speak of.
Old May 25, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
I'd take RDU off the list, or qualify the entry by saying something to the effect that:

There is a lane to the right that theoretically will let elites by-pass the line leading up to ID check at the Terminal C checkpoint, but typically this lane is closed.

Data: 11 departures Feb 1 through May 5, not once was the lane open.
Old May 25, 2006, 9:10 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Ltgfrk
FLL- It's been roped off everytime I've been there. I always let myself in and have never had a problem.
I was there last Sunday, around 4:15PM. The elite was alive and well.

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2006, 11:23 am
TR35R

I'd like to add one thing. JL has announced that the elite-security lane in NRT terminal-2 will be available next month(26th~ ?). The following passengers are eligible: First class and JMB elite member.

Old May 29, 2006, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
DFW - D18 Ckpt

Elite line for first and business class. Barely any wait in either line at 7:00 on Friday morning of Memorial Day weekend.
Old May 29, 2006, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Bwi

Boarding pass checker ushered me into a different line with its own magnetometer that was shorter than the general line for the security checkpoint. Not sure if it was because of FC or Plat. No line to get to the boading pass checker at 8:15 on Thursday morning.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 3:40 pm

FT Wiki

Alright, I've gone through and compiled the information in this thread, as best I could, into a page on the FlyerTalk Wiki.

http://www.flyertalk.com/wiki/index....Security_Lines.

Please take a look at this page and update it with the latest information. If each of us adds information about our home airport, we can have a nice resource.

The way I set it up, if an airport only has a FC line, add it to the category "without lines", but note it has a FC line.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Las?

Question about the LAS premium checkpoint: I've seen folks say it's for first class only; however, I'm on a YUP fare flying LAS-LAX-AUS, but LAS-LAX is on an ERJ.

Does either the fact I'm EXP or that I'm on a F ticket on a flight without a F cabin get me to the premium line?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Preferred, HHonors Silver, United Mileage Plus, Former SW RR Companion Pass
BNA Elite Lines

BNA also has an elite security line - but only for the security checkpoint that services the A and B concourses. It is located to the far left of the A/B pier security queue and then merges in to the xray lines. They do accommodate all elite travelers and it is an easy walk from the A/B security checkpoints to AA's gates in the C concourse - just turn left after the security checkpoint. Can be a real lifesaver at busy times.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by stratofortress
Question about the LAS premium checkpoint: I've seen folks say it's for first class only; however, I'm on a YUP fare flying LAS-LAX-AUS, but LAS-LAX is on an ERJ.

Does either the fact I'm EXP or that I'm on a F ticket on a flight without a F cabin get me to the premium line?
I have been able to get through the "F" line at LAS with my AA Plat card in April '06. However, if your EXP card doesn't work, I'm sure they would accept your F boarding pass for your onward travel.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 6:40 pm

Denver Elite Line

I am flying out of Denver on Sunday 8/20 around 11am. Using the Elite line ( I assume that it is still there) how long before my flight should I arrive? I used to get there about one hour before depart.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 6:37 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by JDiver
LHR - second floor, for "fast pass" - J and F only, iirc, not elites in Economy. Premium does not mean "fast."
Last time I was there, flying as a Gold in Economy, I started to go through normal security, and the woman checking BPs at the front of the queue directed me out of the normal security to the Fast Pass queue off to one side. They processed me without question and in an extremely timely fashion (about 3 minutes as opposed to the 30+ mins or so it would have taken in the normal queue). YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.