Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of AA's Premium Security Checkpoints

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The PHX line, while in existance, is a bit strange. It is marked by a sign saying "First Class/Gold/Premier" even though it's just AA, YX and B6 in that concourse. Often an agent will be confused by Platinum or EXP so it may take a moment's explanation.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:41 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Does DTW have an elite security checkpoint?
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:11 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
You know what would be great? If someone took the time to delete all the posts in this thread and just make it a one-post thread that lists the premium security checkpoints. It would sure be easier than going through 5 pages of posts. Hopefully others agree.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by jeffreyt
You know what would be great? If someone took the time to delete all the posts in this thread and just make it a one-post thread that lists the premium security checkpoints. It would sure be easier than going through 5 pages of posts. Hopefully others agree.
I believe JDiver has done that in post #4, at least the first four pages.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
LAX Elite line query

Originally Posted by bloompy
LAX - The elite line/lane is actually easy to find! While I am not sure about the compass direction, I can tell you that once you pass the Tom Bradley International and approach the first entry to the AA building (terminal 4), where "Qantas' First Class" drop off area is, ENTER right there. Right after you enter, look to your left, and there will be an escalator that has a clear sign of F, B, EXP passengers. Once you reach up there, however, you mingle with the rest of the other passengers.
Sorry for my density here, but can someone clarify -- is the Elite AA security line at LAX that everyone's talking about simply the back-way entry into the standard queue that allows one to bypass the masses? (rather than a completely different set of TSA equipment and screeners, as at ORD...)

If the above message means what I think, it's just referring to a different way to get into the main queue, so that one needn't stand in the long 'regular' line that can run all the way east, down the hall, and down the east escalator. And, if I'm understanding, this entry into the queue, is the hole in the line ropes that that's left open, right in front of the elevator, at the North side of the atrium?

Any help on this is much appreciated, as I've got to go through there Monday morning...
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jakebeth
Sorry for my density here, but can someone clarify -- is the Elite AA security line at LAX that everyone's talking about simply the back-way entry into the standard queue that allows one to bypass the masses? (rather than a completely different set of TSA equipment and screeners, as at ORD...)

If the above message means what I think, it's just referring to a different way to get into the main queue, so that one needn't stand in the long 'regular' line that can run all the way east, down the hall, and down the east escalator. And, if I'm understanding, this entry into the queue, is the hole in the line ropes that that's left open, right in front of the elevator, at the North side of the atrium?

Any help on this is much appreciated, as I've got to go through there Monday morning...
You are correct. The elite line begins at the escalator right behind the F/J/EXP/PLAT check in positions (on the west side of the building). Sometimes, a private security guy/gal is at the bottom of the escalator checking boarding passes and turning away nonstatus riff-raff. Other times, the ticket checker is at the top of the escalator. Enjoy.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:26 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Lax

Originally Posted by FWAAA
You are correct. The elite line begins at the escalator right behind the F/J/EXP/PLAT check in positions (on the west side of the building). Sometimes, a private security guy/gal is at the bottom of the escalator checking boarding passes and turning away nonstatus riff-raff. Other times, the ticket checker is at the top of the escalator. Enjoy.
I really appreciate this everyone, and FWAAA, in particular. I made my flight last time through, but simmered my way through that horrendous line running all the way East, as described above, when I was here a couple months ago.

The only thing that kept me sane was the relief of not having to stand in the WN line I saw over at T1. As I rode the Avis bus to T4, I just sat there with mouth agape as I watched the line run...all the way from East to West, in front of T1....all the way PAST T2...and nearly getting to T3 if I'm remembering correctly.

Long live AA, J/F seating and Elite Status. I hope I never have to go back to flying on the bus again...
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:15 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
STL: It's true that the farthest right line at the CD checkpoint is for elites, and as a lowly gold I have often used it without being questioned.

However, the B gate checkpoint, with only one line, is almost always faster than even the elite line at the Cd checkpoint. To reach a C gate, turn right after going through the checkpoint, past the AC, and you will be in C concourse really quickly.

The B checkpoint personnel also seem both more easygoing and more professional, I have never seen a shoe carnival at that checkpoint.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
is there any kind of priority line at IAH? Delta shows one on their website and I know AA & DL fly from the same terminal at IAH.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors
Originally Posted by SeAAttle
Yep, and I think they have dropped the "Platinum/EXP only" requirement, although I don't know if that was ever enforced.
They hadn't dropped it when I was there 2 weeks ago. And I have seen it enforced when I fly out. It's routine for them to make people go to the other non-elite line after they get to the front and show a non-qualified boarding pass and/or no elite status card. I see it all the time. You're talking A gate line, last security outpost on the end, right?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K
I arrived at DCA last night, and there appeared to be an elite security line setup at the checkpoint leading to the AA gates. I do not recall before seeing an elite line for the AA gates at DCA.

I arrived late at night, so security was closed, but there was a line setup with a sign inviting elites from all airlines to use the special line. Has anyone actually seen this elite line at DCA open for business?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by chrisw
I arrived at DCA last night, and there appeared to be an elite security line setup at the checkpoint leading to the AA gates. I do not recall before seeing an elite line for the AA gates at DCA.

I arrived late at night, so security was closed, but there was a line setup with a sign inviting elites from all airlines to use the special line. Has anyone actually seen this elite line at DCA open for business?
Last week at DCA I saw the Registered Traveller line but nothing for elites.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:07 am

Programs: Various
LAX
Originally Posted by anabolism
I fly through LAX on int'l routes a lot. I love that afterwards I only have a short SAAB flight to get home, with flights every hour or even more, but I hate that there isn't an elite line, and how long the security line gets. Often the line starts at the top of the escalator and goes all the way down the second-floor hall.

You're saying there is an elite line that starts on the second floor? I've never seen it. How do I find it?

Last month I was on a 777 from NRT that landed at LAX just after a Quantus 747. Immigration had *huge* lines. After clearing customs, exiting into baggage claim, going upstairs to the main terminal, the security line started at the bottom of the escalator. I finally made it to the end of the narrow upstairs hall, and discovered that numerous Quantus pax had snuck up some back stairs I didn't even know existed, and were entering the security line near its head. Some percent of them were caught by the TSA agents who were upstairs, the rest got in line unnoticed.
I found this secret passage by mistake thinking it was the elite line, but just not marked. Got to the top of the passage and looked over at the huge line of sad faces and TSA agents giving the occasional "excuse me" to an un suspecting PAX. I jumped right in where the line merges and saved at least 30 minutes.

Now that I read all of the postings in this thread, I know where the REAL elite line is, and can use this for a back up plan.

SEA

The main terminal (Central Terminal) has a mega TSA screening line that begins when you walk straight ahead after leaving ticket counters. If you walk to the left, towards Concourse A about 20 feet, you will see an entry through the zip-stanctions that is on the side of the que that mentions Airport Employees and Elite PAX of (can't remember the airlines, but AS/AA are not one of them) I gave it a shot with O/W AA Gold card and they let me pass. Got the stare down by several folks in line, but pretended to be Joe Cool and got through.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:54 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
FLL had one when we flew out there in January. It was roped off but someone came and opened it for us,to the jeers of many coach pax who were roped in a holding area against a wall, waiting for room in the regular line.

I don't remember if it was for status or just F.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
DCA definitely DOES have an elite security line now for the AA gates ^. I used it last week. The entrance is to the left side of the entrance maze for security to the AA gates. The line appeared to be for FC and elites of all airlines. (The sign had a list of the elite levels from most FF programs.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.