Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of AA's Premium Security Checkpoints

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I'm not sure if it's seasonal or not, but was just in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and they did have a priority line to the left of the standard line. If I recall, crew uses the same line and cut in front, whidh is fine with me.

Also, if you have your bp and no luggage to check, then have the taxi drop you past all the airline doors. AA uses concourse C which is far left of all the ticket counters.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
I was in New Orleans last week and yes, elites may use the crew line. As previously mentioned, it is to the left of the regular line and had no one in it.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please let us know if the use of the crew line has continued past Mardi Gras / Carnival time when you return, and update the information / let us update the Wiki entry. Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by JDiver
Please let us know if the use of the crew line has continued past Mardi Gras / Carnival time when you return, and update the information / let us update the Wiki entry. Thanks!
Yeah, I'm curious, too, since I've never seen the crew line being used for elites. But I missed Mardi Gras!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3MM; DL Gd; SPG PL, Marriott Slv, Hilton Gd
Priority Access at IAD / Washington Dulles?

Hi All,

Will be traveling with multiple generations on Thanksgiving Sunday via Dulles. Given the busyness of that day, I'm trying to plan airport arrival time. Does Dulles provide Priority Access to AA travelers? If so, is it combined with other airlines' travelers or AA only? Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by FocusGroupsMia
Does Dulles provide Priority Access to AA travelers?
Do you mean Priority AAcess (which also deals with boarding groups) or elite security lines?

Here's the Wiki list of airports with elite security lines. And yes, IAD is there.

I found the Wiki link in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum, where it says, "Please check here first!"
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:43 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes there is an elite line. It is shared with other airlines.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3MM; DL Gd; SPG PL, Marriott Slv, Hilton Gd
Originally Posted by videomaker
Do you mean Priority AAcess (which also deals with boarding groups) or elite security lines?
Elite security line. Thanks for the link.

Info on IAD reads "Note (8/09): Though there is a sign at the queue nearest the AA counter, it is often not manned and blends with the normal line. Travelers need to go to the opposite end of the security station and use the Premier security lane there."

Is that still the case?

Last edited by dstan; Nov 15, 2010 at 8:57 am Reason: repaired broken quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
I have found the Washington DC forum to be of help when needing IAD specific information. It won't help you this time but if you are traveling by yourself the next time you go through IAD, there is hardly ever a wait at the Diamond lane on the lower level by baggage claim.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by RxCapt
I have found the Washington DC forum to be of help when needing IAD specific information. It won't help you this time but if you are traveling by yourself the next time you go through IAD, there is hardly ever a wait at the Diamond lane on the lower level by baggage claim.
i agree with the captain, the diamond line is usually the fastest. One caveat, you can get a long line of crew using that line and even if you are next up, they get to go first
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:53 am

Diamond checkpoint is the fastest and easiest way. It is located next to baggage claim 8 on the arrivals level. Just beware that a lot of wheelchairs go through that checkpoint and they tend to hold up the line. Crew always uses the employee checkpoint located next to Diamond so they shouldn't hold up the line for Diamond.
Old May 5, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Is there a premium security checkpoint for AA at IAH? It doesn't appear on the list of airports which do nor is it on the list of airports that don't.

MODERATOR NOTE

The list of elite security queues is maintained in the FlyerGuide AA Wiki on this page. Please feel free to update
the Wiki if you learn of a change, addition or deletion to American Airlines elite security queues.

This thread should be used for other comments relating to AA elite security queues, and not for documenting their existence or location; that information should always be added / edited in the user-maintained Wiki. Thank you.

Last edited by JDiver; May 28, 2011 at 8:41 am Reason: add mod note from first post and avoid bumping thread
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:33 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thumbs up New Priority AAccess line at BNA

BNA now has a generic premium line on the right side of the main checkpoint, signed for AA Priority AAccess and other elites. ^

(I will update the wiki as well )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.