Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of AA's Premium Security Checkpoints

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Can anyone provide an update as to where the Premium Security line is at ORD? Posts from last year indicated it seemed to move.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Can anyone provide an update as to where the Premium Security line is at ORD? Posts from last year indicated it seemed to move.
The description in the original post is correct. The AAirpass/Exec Plat/Plat/Gold security line is inbetween L and K, right past the premium check-in counters. Its true that its sort of hidden, and it usually isn't being heavily used.

However, the few times I have used it, I couldn't help but think that the main security line would be faster... the elite line only has one scanning lane, and usually moves fairly slowly, whereas I've never really had that much of a wait in the main security line. YMMV
Old Apr 18, 2006, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by rbessler
The description in the original post is correct. The AAirpass/Exec Plat/Plat/Gold security line is inbetween L and K, right past the premium check-in counters. Its true that its sort of hidden, and it usually isn't being heavily used.

However, the few times I have used it, I couldn't help but think that the main security line would be faster... the elite line only has one scanning lane, and usually moves fairly slowly, whereas I've never really had that much of a wait in the main security line. YMMV
The very far left lane of the security checkpoint between G and H is Exec. Platinum and First Class only. Otherwise, it is as you described.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, SPG Gold, HH, Marriott Silver, Delta, United, TSA Prechk/GE
Since no one seems to have posted yet:

LGA - none to speak of, though I have on occasion walked up to the ticket checker and asked "where the line for PLT is" - if the line is not horrendous, I have on occasion been sent through. When the line is horrendous (i.e. > 20 pax, however, I have been sent to the end of the horrendous line, which really really sucks.) YMMV.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 6:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
FLL- It's been roped off everytime I've been there. I always let myself in and have never had a problem.

SEA- As someone mentioned, each checkpoint has an elite line for the airlines that operate out of that particular concourse. I usually use B which in the past was for DL, CO etc. and have never been questioned. I have also used my PLT card when traveling on AS out of D and have never had a problem.

ELP - No elite line and usually not more than a couple of people in line.

PBI - No elite line. Not usually a problem but at times the line can be quite long.

RNO - Last time I was there the elite line was to the right of the regualr line.

FRA - No elite line per say and nothing before the ID check but there is a line for First and Business after the ID check, however, I don't believe it's ever enforced.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL D, AA LTP 2.6MM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
The very far left lane of the security checkpoint between G and H is Exec. Platinum and First Class only. Otherwise, it is as you described.
I would add that after you go through the ID and BP check, if the que for the one lane of Premium is long, I'll occasionally slip under the barrier and go to one of the non-premium lines.

The Premium lane will get you through the ID check quicker.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 4:05 pm

Question ATL premium security - flying DL, but AA Platinum

Can I use the ATL premium security line as an AA Platinum, but flying DL and being a DL ordinary member?
Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:37 am

Update:

DFW has removed their elite line at Terminal A, as was told to me by a TA in that terminal. She said this was done in response to D being opened.

Unsure of an elite line in D, but I would think probably?
Old Apr 24, 2006, 6:59 am

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Atlanta

Originally Posted by adzel
Can I use the ATL premium security line as an AA Platinum, but flying DL and being a DL ordinary member?
Yes; I have done this on several occasions. What an incredible time-saver

For those flying AA out of ATL, if you use the dedicated AA/UA screening, there is no premium security line. Last August, it took my wife and I about 1 minute to get through security. My father used the AA line (he had to check bags) and he took over 20 minutes to get through
Old Apr 24, 2006, 7:01 am

Orlando

As of last year, there was no premium line in Orlando....and it can be a very, very long line
Old May 19, 2006, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Bwi & Dfw

Originally Posted by bjtaylor
Update:

DFW has removed their elite line at Terminal A, as was told to me by a TA in that terminal. She said this was done in response to D being opened.

Unsure of an elite line in D, but I would think probably?
Has the elite line at DFW Terminal C been removed also? I'll be traveling through early next Friday AM.

Any change to the line at BWI Conc. C? Thx!
Old May 19, 2006, 8:06 am

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold, UA 1K
What about EWR Term A?

I know AA is small here and sometimes the lines are horrible, but anything new?
Old May 19, 2006, 8:36 am

Denver

There is an Elite line in Denver. It is all the way to the left. Once they check your ID, you mingle with everyone else at the magnatometer. It is hard to say how much time you save since when I went through (1:15pm) there were very few people in any line
Old May 19, 2006, 11:21 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Phl

My partner and I flew out of PHL on Monday. The Admirals Club there is ground-side, so it makes sense to stop in to get boarding passes. The club agent stamped the boarding passes to allow access to the crew security line, although the TSA agent saw us exit the club (which is at the security checkpoint) and immediately told us "Admirals Club? Over there" as she lifted a rope to allow us access to the crew line.
Old May 19, 2006, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by AA-Platinum
As of last year, there was no premium line in Orlando....and it can be a very, very long line
I traveled MCO-ORD yesterday, and given the length of the line into the AA area, I was very surprised there wasn't some form of elite check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.