Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of AA's Premium Security Checkpoints

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.7M and counting slowly
Greetings.

JFK has separate "premium" queues in both T8 and T9. (Terminal 8 in my experience, though, is sometimes a mixed blessing since flight crews tend to push in front of everyone and slow the line a bit).

Ah, yes... SJU has one too It's for the entrance directly to the left of the ticketing counters.
Old May 17, 2005, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT (1MM), MR Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
BWI, on Concourse C, for EXP and PLT (and First Class, of course).

Was wondering why not GLDs, though...

Now that WN has a bigger presence on the C concourse at BWI, I was really happy to see the elite line the other day -- about a 20 minute wait to get to the "check your ID" point, and I walked right through.
Old May 17, 2005, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
Originally Posted by makfan
I have always found an elite line at SJC and SFO, although at SFO the elite line may be closed if there are relatively few people clearing security at a given time.
Also, the line at SJC is marked "First Class" only -- no mention of elites. When I first started flying out of there, I asked twice whether I could use the "First Class" line, and both times I was told no. (Once as a PLT, once as an EXP.) The third time I asked, I was told, "Oh yeah, sure!" I always use that line now and have never had any problems.

The DFW Terminal A elite security line is indeed at the middle entry for Term A (I forget the exact gate number, but not the low-gate entry and not the high-gate entry, which is the one near international arrivals). I believe it's the same at Terminal C -- it's at the middle entry. My trip this week takes me through ORD, not DFW, so someone else will need to determine exact gate numbers

Last edited by Flyer23; May 17, 2005 at 5:32 pm Reason: Adding DFW info
Old May 17, 2005, 5:54 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
PIT has a preferred line open to any airline elite (including AA).
Old May 17, 2005, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Cant believe nobody has mentioned the best one in the system - LAS
Even though its only for F

mike

Last edited by MIKESILV; May 17, 2005 at 6:21 pm
Old May 17, 2005, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Cant believe nobody has mentioned the best one in the system - LAS

mike
Isn't LAS for first class only?
Old May 17, 2005, 8:08 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Isn't LAS for first class only?
Yes. This is not an elite (in the EXP, PLT, GLD) sense line. This is FC only.
(Although I will say that, the time my upgrade didn't clear and I had to stand in the regular, rather long, line- it moved quite quickly)

Cheers.
Old May 17, 2005, 10:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
PDX is an easy one - I have used my Rapid Rewards card to access the elite queue!
Old May 17, 2005, 10:33 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Any chance someone could compile all of this good information into a single post or chart? Sticky worthy?
Old May 17, 2005, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by dayone
Any chance someone could compile all of this good information into a single post or chart? Sticky worthy?
I second the motion. It is compilation and sticky worthy. I was in ORD the other day making an international to domestic connection, and the security line was very long. I didn't have much time to make the connection and was wondering if there was an Elite line, but I didn't want to risk losing time looking for an Elite line.
Old May 18, 2005, 12:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
SAN does too.
Old May 18, 2005, 5:54 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BWI Flyer
Now that WN has a bigger presence on the C concourse at BWI, I was really happy to see the elite line the other day -- about a 20 minute wait to get to the "check your ID" point, and I walked right through.
Hoepfully that will be changing with the opening of the new WN BWI Terminal A/B today - one can always hope. Although I live half way between DCA and IAD, which has no elite/fc/bc security lines, I fly BWI-HNL a couple times a year on YUPs which saves me about $1200 a ticket. Also flew out of BWI on Good Friday to IND in F and elite lines were NOT open. Their reason was due to Holiday crowds. When I did reach the ID check, after 20+ minutes in line, they then directed me to the express line which helped a bit.

From BWI's web site:

"Southwest Airlines is moving their BWI operations to the Airport's new Terminal A/B facility. The multi-stage transition will continue for approximately the next two weeks. Departing passengers are advised that check-in for departing Southwest Airlines flights will continue during this transition period at the airline's existing ticket counters near Concourse C."

OK, I have to put on my arrogant, pompous a$$ hat for a second. I will be glad to see WN moved to another terminal as there is a certain TT mentality associated with some, not all, WN customers. I have flown numerous flights on legacy airlines and have not run into any drunks that I can recall. Seems like on their show Airline, they are always dealing with drunks. JMAO Let the flames begin from our WN friends.

BTW, I did fly WN once, and decided it was not for me. Their first class seats were very small and faced the wrong way.
Old May 18, 2005, 6:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Id actually volunteer to put a sticky together, but... I am leaving on a business trip, followed by a longer leisure trip. hew:

But, that won't stop me from offering a suggestion: if we want this to be a sticky, IMO its value would be greatly enhanced by posting some relevant information about elite security queue location(s), hours open and possibly other conditions relevant to travelers.

E.g. DFW A: near Gate 17.
or SFO: Left entry to checkpoint, not open when low passenger traffic.

as opposed to merely: DFW
or ORD
with no other infromation. As one poster indicates above, s/he was in a lengthy queue at ORD, and did not feel s/he should risk searching for an elite queue - though as I recall, there IS one, and it is not necessrily where one would think of.

OK, I'll shut up now. And if I have a chance I will recce DFW and try to get all elite access points on my Sunday return trip with four hour DFW connection, asssuming easy weather and no mechanicals, etc.
Old May 18, 2005, 8:00 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Stl

STL - checkpoint for CD gates, lane 6 (rightmost lane) is for premium pax
Old May 18, 2005, 8:11 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dayone
If we do this, I'd suggest that people PM the info to the "volunteer" to put in a single post that s/he updates with this info. if we do it as a normal threan, it will become long and rambling, and the info will be almost as hard to find as the elite lines themselves.

(Obviously, we'd want people to read the post before PMing to minimize duplication)

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.