Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Passport Challenge (bonus miles via Facebook etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Similarly, I flew an international route (Spain) almost a month ago, and the international badge isn't activated. Anyone know how to get this fixed?
Are you saying you did this BEFORE the promo started?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 11:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by _kurt
Just received an email:

Did everyone else get this, despite having played the "challenge" in March?
I got it too, but then again I haven't done anything other than playing the games.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by _kurt
Just received an email:

Did everyone else get this, despite having played the "challenge" in March?
I got it too, inspite of having completed most badges
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
Are you saying you did this BEFORE the promo started?
Never mind: I expected the stamp to turn a darker color when I achieved that goal, but it doesn't. The fine print reveals that I have made that stamp.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:03 pm

My EQP is 8100. Not sure how they figured it out. I probably won't make it, I tend to travel in spurts.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
I was given 13,100 EQP as the goal, should make it next week.
Old May 7, 2014, 4:46 pm

I flew on 4/22 (miles posted on aa.com) and as of yet that slider bar has showed none of my EQPs. I also didn't get the fly US airways extra 450 miles nor the extra 450 for one of the "new" destinations. I expected it could take up to 10 days, but this amount of time has me wondering if I had to do something.
Old May 8, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by chyvan
I flew on 4/22 (miles posted on aa.com) and as of yet that slider bar has showed none of my EQPs. I also didn't get the fly US airways extra 450 miles nor the extra 450 for one of the "new" destinations. I expected it could take up to 10 days, but this amount of time has me wondering if I had to do something.
I flew US on 3/23, posted to AA on 3/26, and it showed up on the facebook game on 4/8. So, it looks like its a 2 week process.
Old May 9, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: Avis PP, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
I had an international roundtrip on AA - outbound on 4/16, return on 4/23. Both flights posted to AA account quickly. Still nothing is reflected on facebook: neither "fly international" stamp, nor EQP.
Old May 10, 2014, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
How sad is this... my EQP is only 3000... and I probably won't make it because of a break in travel!

Is there a list somewhere of the new domestic route new to the AA network through the merger? Specifically, I think BUR-PHX qualifies, but I wanted to confirm.
Old May 10, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by LAXative
Is there a list somewhere of the new domestic route new to the AA network through the merger? Specifically, I think BUR-PHX qualifies, but I wanted to confirm.

BUR-PHX qualifies, however, I think the new route bonus is slightly ambiguous. On the main passport challenge it simply says "earn AAdvantageŽ miles for flying any domestic route that is new to the American Airlines network from our merger with US Airways between March 21 and May 23." To me, this would mean any US route that AA didn't previously fly should qualify.

The official terms and conditions (https://aadvantagechallenge.aa.com/t...cial_Rules.pdf) however includes a limited list of qualifying cities. Unfortunately, none of my recent US flights qualify despite the fact that AA doesn't fly the route.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 10, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
BUR-PHX qualifies, however, I think the new route bonus is slightly ambiguous. On the main passport challenge it simply says "earn AAdvantageŽ miles for flying any domestic route that is new to the American Airlines network from our merger with US Airways between March 21 and May 23." To me, this would mean any US route that AA didn't previously fly should qualify.

The official terms and conditions (https://aadvantagechallenge.aa.com/t...cial_Rules.pdf) however includes a limited list of qualifying cities. Unfortunately, none of my recent US flights qualify despite the fact that AA doesn't fly the route.

-FlyerBeek
Wow, super lame! I was counting on LGA-PIT for this. This is very misleadingly phrased. It should have been "new city," not "new route."
Old May 11, 2014, 11:25 am

When are these miles expected to post to the Aadvantage account?

NVM -- Rules say 3 - 4 weeks after promotion period ends which is 3 - 4 weeks after May 23rd.

Need these pesky miles to extend expiration...
Old May 11, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, AA GLD, DL FO, Natl Elite
EQP goal is 1300... will hit it with this upcoming business trip. Delicious easy bonus miles.
Old May 11, 2014, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
Thanks for finding that... I totally forgot about LGB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.