Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Passport Challenge (bonus miles via Facebook etc.)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Since this promotion ends on May 23, how soon might miles show up?

Also, my EQP target was 9700, but I have only been credited 8200 while my AA account shows 16,400 points. Is there a time lag (weeks) before all flights are credited?
Old May 20, 2014, 10:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Happy to see that the US flights I took a couple weeks ago are now showing on the Facebook app. Means I'll get 1,590 miles.
Old May 21, 2014, 4:00 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I completely forgot about the new domestic routes and the shuttle flight. I could have forced a few connections.
Will end up with a total balance of 6055 miles.
Old May 21, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Met my domestic goal last night, thanks for the free 3925 miles!
Old May 21, 2014, 10:07 pm

I hit my EQP goal with a BOS-DCA round trip this past weekend- only took a few days to show up! Between hitting my goal and getting the stamps for US Airways, the Shuttle, and 3 of the "fly and earn" stamps, I nabbed an extra 3900 miles
Old May 21, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, AA GLD, DL FO, Natl Elite
Crossed my EQP goal on Monday morning. Hasn't posted to Facebook yet. Fear intensifying.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BigOrangeTerp
Crossed my EQP goal on Monday morning. Hasn't posted to Facebook yet. Fear intensifying.
In my experience it takes 4-6 days before EQP shows on Facebook.
Old May 22, 2014, 8:28 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Mine posted exactly 3 days after.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I have the strange situation where a flight on Air Berlin (TXL-FRA) qualified me for the "Fly International" stamp, but didn't fill in the "Fly oneworld" stamp.

Does anyone know if AAdvantage customer service is able to remedy this yet? Or do we need to wait until the miles post to the AAdvantage account.

thanks!
Old May 29, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt GP Platinum, *wood Gold
I got 9685 miles, due to post on 20 June. It's not 10k because I refuse to bug my friends or open new social media accounts for this offer (I already use Facebook, but reluctantly). Good thing I had already booked an AA/CX codeshare so I was able to reach my EQP goal in a single round trip. The US Air requirements were a nuisance, but I lived. Note to self: avoid flying into LGB at night or out of it in the early morning.

Last edited by milehound; May 29, 2014 at 11:22 am Reason: fact check
Old May 29, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
My US Airways flight on 5/21 (well within the promotion period) never showed up in the Facebook app. So I'm missing 950 miles that I should get. Has anyone found a way to contact customer service about this promotion?
Old May 30, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by SJC AA
Has anyone found a way to contact customer service about this promotion?
My stuff was taking a long time to post. I was at the 22 day mark when I just used the "missing miles form." They never did respond back to the email, but after 2 days my stamps were updated. The thing I don't know is if it really did any good or were things going to fix themselves anyway. I just don't know.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
8,600 miles updated on Facebook, but nothing in AA account yet.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by intub8r
Interesting to see the variability of EQP requirements. Mine is 13,000 and change, which will be exactly covered by a TATL I had previously booked on AA stock. I wonder if they took any of the existing reservations into account when they came up with that number
I don't know how they calculated it.
My requirement was 6200 and I had already scheduled SFO-JFK-BCN and back, so it was quite easy
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA
This is the 4th week after the end of the program, still no miles posted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.