FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AAdvantage Passport Challenge (bonus miles via Facebook etc.) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1562183-aadvantage-passport-challenge-bonus-miles-via-facebook-etc.html)

swag Mar 21, 2014 6:00 am

AAdvantage Passport Challenge (bonus miles via Facebook etc.)

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

Start filling your passport and earning miles!

Like us on Facebook and participate in the AAdvantage® Passport Challenge. Earn a stamp in your passport – and AAdvantage miles – each time you complete a quick and fun game. You can play when you’re waiting to board your next flight, sitting in the carpool line, or relaxing at home.

Here’s all you need to do:

Play trivia and other games to earn up to 700 miles
Share and complete social actions to earn up to 350 miles
Fly our expanded network to earn over 9,000 miles

You’ll learn more about American Airlines and the many ways you can keep earning miles even after your passport is filled.

Start playing now. The challenge is open now through May 23, 2014.
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanAir...23864977677458

Play Play all trivia and games to earn up to 700 bonus miles.
Share Complete all social actions to earn up to 350 bonus miles.
Fly Complete all flight stamps and beat your goal to earn over 9,000 bonus miles.

Analysis: http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...port-challenge

Redhead Mar 21, 2014 6:23 am

Thanks, just earned a about 1,000 miles :)

pointshogger Mar 21, 2014 8:13 am

Is this open only to U.S. Residents and not to residents of other countries?

The fine print says:
Program begins at 12:01 a.m. CT, March 21, 2014 and ends 11:59 p.m. CT, May 23, 2014. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S./D.C., who are members of the American Airlines AAdvantage® program in good-standing at the time of participation. Void where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules and Privacy Policy. Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.

miamigrad Mar 21, 2014 8:53 am

I starting playing the game and was moving along nicely, then it got "hung up." I thought it was my computer (and it might be), so I went back to the page to try a fresh start and got "service unavailable."

We're not talking a large amount of miles here, but I sure hope that I receive credit for the tasks that I already completed because I wouldn't be surprised if the game locks me out from trying to pick up where I left off.

EDITED TO ADD:
Logging out of Facebook and logging back in seems to have helped and I was able to pick up where I left off ^

Djokison Mar 21, 2014 9:06 am

Originally Posted by pointshogger (Post 22563014)
Is this open only to U.S. Residents and not to residents of other countries?

The fine print says:
Program begins at 12:01 a.m. CT, March 21, 2014 and ends 11:59 p.m. CT, May 23, 2014. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S./D.C., who are members of the American Airlines AAdvantage® program in good-standing at the time of participation. Void where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules and Privacy Policy. Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.

Most of these AA things usually are. But that hasn't stopped me from doing them and still earning miles.

Ashasan2005 Mar 21, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks OP!! A quick 1,000+ miles. Yay!!!

igneous Mar 21, 2014 9:56 am

American airlines aadvantage program “aadvantage passport challenge” promotion

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanAir...23864977677458 -play the trivia and games to earn up to 700 miles, share and complete social tasks to earn up to 350 miles. Fly their network to earn over 9,000 miles.

Learn & Earn: Click on a corresponding trivia questions or activity and follow the instructions. You will
receive AAdvantage® bonus miles for each set of trivia questions or activity completed. You will receive
two (2) attempts to correctly answer all questions in a set of trivia questions or complete the
corresponding activity to receive the AAdvantage® bonus miles. If you do not correctly answer all
questions or obtain a perfect score in in the “New American Trivia” or “Match the Tailfins” in two (2)
attempts, you will receive a reduced number of AAdvantage® bonus miles for that given set of trivia
questions/activity as set forth in more detail below. For all other activities, you will receive the
corresponding AAdvantage® bonus miles, regardless of your score. Additionally, you may receive
AAdvantage® bonus miles for sharing certain activities on your Facebook page, and for liking certain
AAdvantage® partners’ Facebook pages, as set forth in more detail below. The available AAdvantage®
bonus miles are set forth in the chart below. Additionally, you will receive 100 AAdvantage® bonus
miles for completing all nine (9) sets of trivia questions/activities.

 Be Social & Earn: Click on the corresponding icon and follow the on-screen instructions to receive the
corresponding number of AAdvantage® bonus miles for each social interaction as set forth below.
Additionally, you will receive fifty (50) AAdvantage® bonus miles for completing all six (6) social
interactions. With respect to the “Invite Friends” social interaction, you will receive fifty (50)
Learn & Earn Pasport Stamp / Activity
Total Available
Miles for
Completion
Reduced
Miles if < 70%
Correct
Miles for
Sharing on
Facebook
Miles for a
Facebook
'Like'
Approximate
Retail Value of
Miles
New American Trivia 50 25 - - $1.49
Match the Tailfins 50 25 - - $1.49
AAdvantage e-Shopping Spin to Win 50 n/a - - $1.00
AAdvantage Dining Flip the Plates 50 n/a - - $1.00
Connect 3 Partners 50 n/a - - $1.00
Explore Citi®/AAdvantage® card 60 n/a 40 - $1.99
Avis Discover More Comfort 50 n/a 25 25 $1.99
Discover DIRECTV 50 n/a 40 10 $1.99
Fairmont Create Your Dream Stay 50 n/a 40 10 $1.99
Bonus: Earn all Learn & Earn Stamps 100 n/a - - $1.99

AAdvantage® bonus miles after you have invited your friend, and your friend accepts the invitation and
participates in the Promotion. You must have a personal relationship with any person you invite via
Facebook.

 Fly & Earn: Click on a corresponding icon follow and the instructions. You will receive AAdvantage®
bonus miles for each set of trivia questions completed. If the player completes all questions and
receives the confirmation page, they’ll receive the miles. After completion of a set of trivia questions,
you will also be invited to purchase a ticket on a specific route for additional AAdvantage® bonus miles.

4. ELIGIBLE FLIGHTS. Travel flown between March 21, 2014 and May 23, 2014, and on which a member earns
AAdvantage® base miles will be considered eligible flights. Travel flown prior to registration will be eligible.
Offer applies to travel on purchased, published fare tickets that are eligible to earn AAdvantage® miles.
Member is responsible for adding the AAdvantage® number to the reservation so that base miles are
credited to the member’s account at the time of travel. For complete details on earning AAdvantage® miles
for flying, see aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/travel/airlines/main.jsp.

5. BONUS MILES. Bonus miles awarded do not count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage® Million
Miler status. Bonus miles will be awarded within 3-4 weeks after the promotion period has ended. The
flight activity associated with each Fly & Earn stamp must be completed and flight-related AAdvantage®
miles must be credited to the member’s account for a flight to be eligible for this promotion.

6. FLY US AIRWAYS PASSPORT STAMP. Systemwide travel on US Airways, US Airways Express and US Airways
Shuttle operated flights (includes codeshare flights marketed by American Airlines) will be counted for the
“Fly US Airways” passport stamp.

Be Social Stamp / Interaction
Total Available
Miles for
Completion
Approximate
Retail Value of
Miles
Like AA on Facebook 50 $1.00
Follow AA on Twitter 25 $0.50
Watch Video & Play Trivia 25 $0.50
Share Video 25 $0.50
Invite Friends* 50 $1.00
Follow AA on Instagram 25 $0.50
Bonus: Earn all Be Social & Earn Stamps 50 $1.00
* Miles awarded when a Facebook Friend invitation is accepted and a friend plays the game
Fly & Earn Stamp / Activity
Total Available
Miles for
Trivia/Activity
Completion
Miles for
Flight
Completion
Approximate
Retail Value
of Miles
Fly US Airways 50 450 $9.95
Fly New Domestic Route 50 450 $9.95
Fly US Airways Shuttle 50 450 $9.95
Fly International 50 450 $9.95
Fly oneworld 50 450 $9.95
Beat personal Elite Qualifying Point Goal 2,500 - $49.75
Bonus*: 3 Stamps: Trivia + Flight 500 - $9.95
Bonus*: 4 Stamps: Trivia + Flight 1,000 - $19.90
Bonus*: 5 Stamps: Trivia + Flight 4,500 - $89.55
* Bonus stamps are not cumulative. Miles will be awarded based on the total actions completed.

7. FLY NEW DOMESTIC ROUTE STAMP. Travel on US Airways and US Airways Express operated flights
(includes codeshare flights marketed by American Airlines) to/ from any of the cities listed below will be
counted for the ”Fly New Domestic Route” passport stamp. Completing this stamp will also count toward
the “Fly US Airways” stamp, if applicable per rules for that stamp.

8. FLY US AIRWAYS SHUTTLE STAMP. Travel on the US Airways Shuttle which operates between Boston Logan
(BOS), Washington Reagan (DCA) and New York LaGuardia (LGA) (includes codeshare flights marketed by
American Airlines) will be counted for the “Fly US Airways” passport stamp. Completing this stamp will also
count toward the “Fly US Airways” stamp, if applicable per rules for that stamp.

9. FLY INTERNATIONAL STAMP. Travel on American Airlines, US Airways, or any oneworld member airline or
participating carrier where either the flight origin or flight destination is not within the fifty (50) domestic
states of the United States of America will be counted toward the “Fly International” passport stamp.
Completing this stamp will also count toward the “Fly US Airways” stamp or the “Fly oneworld” stamp, if
applicable per rules for those stamps.

10. FLY ONEWORLD STAMP. Travel on any flight operated by a oneworld member airline other than American
Airlines and US Airways will be counted for the “Fly oneworld” passport stamp. Eligible flights include those
where the flight is booked as a codeshare flight. Flights operated by American Airlines, American Eagle, US
Airways, US Airways Express, and US Airways Shuttle will not be counted for this stamp. To learn more
about oneworld carriers see AA.com/oneworld.

11. BEAT YOUR GOAL STAMP. An Elite Qualifying Point (EQP) goal will be posted to the home page of the
registered member’s AAdvantage Passport Challenge Facebook promotion within ten (10) days of
registration. The goal will be personalized for each member. If the AAdvantage® number and Last Name
used to register for this promotion do not match the information stored in the member’s account at time of
registration, no EQP goal will be posted and no bonus miles will be awarded for this stamp.

miamigrad Mar 21, 2014 10:30 am

As American Airlines is still operating as a distinct entity, this question is being moved over to the pre-merger American Airlines forum in the existing thread.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting will help get you in the right place.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator

chyvan Mar 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Just so happens I have a US flight booked during the travel window, and it goes to one of the new destinations. An easy 900 miles. I just hope that my point requirement is set low enough that I qualify for the extra 2500 miles. If so, I'll then get the fly & earn 500 bonus for doing something I was going to do anyway.

Fanjet Mar 21, 2014 1:27 pm

Ughhh! Does this mean one has to sign-up on Facebook in order to participate? That is something I have quite proudly avoided doing.

infamousdx Mar 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Easy 1200 miles!

Madison Guy Mar 21, 2014 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 22564915)
Ughhh! Does this mean one has to sign-up on Facebook in order to participate? That is something I have quite proudly avoided doing.

I don't just avoid doing it, I will not do it. Mile or no - no works fine for me based on these requirements (facebook)

skunker Mar 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Appears to be down due to high traffic. Must have made the deals websites.

djibouti Mar 22, 2014 10:59 am

I chug along then get "Error has been detected, try again please."

tymothy Mar 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Down for me too. "We're experiencing extremely high traffic and are temporarily unavailable".

AA can't get elastic hosting with Amazon Cloud services or something?