Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Passport Challenge (bonus miles via Facebook etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
4400 for me, haven't flown AA last year, but EXP and flew a lot of other OW airlines.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Gold
Has anyone tried using multiple FB accounts for 1 AAdvantage account?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
Originally Posted by saj064
Has anyone tried using multiple FB accounts for 1 AAdvantage account?
Probably wouldn't work as from what I understand it doesn't look at the actual name of your facebook account, just the name and aadvantage number that it asks for, and if there are duplicates I am sure they will be deleted, or miles will only post if the number and name match.

Still not a bad promotion. I am disappointed that I fly a US operated flight exactly one week after the promotion ends so no bonus. Bummer, but still, got about 900 miles or so for playing some trivia games and shilling for AA to my friends. Not a bad deal.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Has anyone received the bonus points for flying US? I flew two legs on 3/23, both credited to AA on 3/25.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
The wording in the international stamp is odd. It says fly a non-US international fligth. What exactly does that mean? I'm wondering if it means we can't fly US internationally or we can't start or end in the US. Also wondering if Canada/Bermuda count. Both are certainly international but not always considered that way in every factor (lounge access in particular). Any ideas on the exact terms of this one?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
The wording in the international stamp is odd. It says fly a non-US international fligth. What exactly does that mean? I'm wondering if it means we can't fly US internationally or we can't start or end in the US. Also wondering if Canada/Bermuda count. Both are certainly international but not always considered that way in every factor (lounge access in particular). Any ideas on the exact terms of this one?
Looks like it's just trying to say that either origin or destination cannot be in the US. You can certainly fly US airways.

From the Terms and Conditions:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/aadvanta...challengeterms
FLY INTERNATIONAL STAMP. Travel on American Airlines, US Airways, or any oneworld member airline or participating carrier where either the flight origin or flight destination is not within the fifty (50) domestic states of the United States of America will be counted toward the “Fly International” passport stamp. Completing this stamp will also count toward the “Fly US Airways” stamp or the “Fly oneworld” stamp, if applicable per rules for those stamps.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Thanks. The way they worded it was stupid. They should have probaably just said fly any international flight because if you leave the US (ie non-US) then it is an international flight. Gotta love the marketing writers.

Also does anyone plan to do this who hasn't yet? I need a friend and I did mine on a second facebook account. It has no friends so I could sure use a friend willing to play. I'd add someone in my family, but those don't seem to be counting towards friends signing up.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
I've completed the whole game board (minus flights) and received 1,150 miles except for getting a friend to sign up and play. I've invited 50+ people and of course no one will sign up and play (or doesn't have an AAVantage number). Would be nice to get the remaining 100 free miles (Friend invite + Social completion bonus). Is there anyone out there willing to sign up and play who hasnt yet that I could invite thru Facebook? lol
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:14 pm

On one of mine I managed to finally get a friend to sign up today but the badge is still not complete. Is there a delay in doing that? The person shows as accepted and earned 7 badges for 730 miles, but they haven't given me the points yet.

And before anyone asks, she lives in a different city 200 miles away so we were not using the same router. This is very frustrating because I really need that one to finish the board minus flying.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Hi guys, just curious, what's the cheapest US Airways Shuttle flight? For the next few months, LGA-BOS is $235 lowest, BOS-LGA is ~$300, while DCA-BOS is only $69. DCA-BOS is also US shuttle, right?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
On one of mine I managed to finally get a friend to sign up today but the badge is still not complete. Is there a delay in doing that? The person shows as accepted and earned 7 badges for 730 miles, but they haven't given me the points yet.

And before anyone asks, she lives in a different city 200 miles away so we were not using the same router. This is very frustrating because I really need that one to finish the board minus flying.
For me it took a day or two after my friend signed up and completed some stuff until I got this stamp, so just wait a bit.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA PRO
AAdvantage Passport Challenge (bonus miles via Facebook)

Interesting to see the variability of EQP requirements. Mine is 13,000 and change, which will be exactly covered by a TATL I had previously booked on AA stock. I wonder if they took any of the existing reservations into account when they came up with that number
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:53 pm

I finished my EQP requirement yesterday. I'll be interested to see when it's reflected on Facebook. Has anyone had theirs show up yet?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Cardboard55
I finished my EQP requirement yesterday. I'll be interested to see when it's reflected on Facebook. Has anyone had theirs show up yet?
Post #38. Also, my wife completed hers. Only took a day to post.

I am still waiting on my US flight stamp to post.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:25 pm

I am finding it super tedious to go through all these trivia games, etc. I'll have to nag family members to do it or get their fb passwords. The good news is that our EQP requirements are low and we have a trip to Hawaii next month.

Deb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.