Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Passport Challenge (bonus miles via Facebook etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA AAdvantage, BAEC Silver, LX Miles & More, AF FlyingBlue, EK Skywards
When are the miles supposed to post?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cloud1Heavy
When are the miles supposed to post?
After close of the promotion which is May 23.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by chyvan
Are the two "friends" using the router in your house? My friend that brought his computer over to my house didn't get me the points, but my friend that was at work, got me the points.
Ha - nope. Thanks for the datapoint though These are actually 2 legitimate friends in their own homes
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:42 pm

Location: CA; Husband AA Lifetime Plat/7 MM; HH Lifetime Diamond
My personal goal is now showing, FYI.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Mine too, and it's pretty aggressive. But I'll beat it with some well-timed, already-booked discount P fares.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:26 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Is anyone having trouble with the "invite a friend" referrals? I've had two friends log in through my referral link and they show up as playing, but I'm not getting that passport stamp.
I'm having this problem too.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:39 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Did anyone else see the T+Cs for this yet?

TAXES. Any valuation of the AAdvantageŽ miles stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the AAdvantageŽ miles will be taxable to participants as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of AAdvantageŽ miles not specifically provided for in these official rules are solely the participant’s responsibility. Participants are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
Emphasis mine, source: https://aadvantagechallenge.aa.com/t...cial_Rules.pdf

In short, seriously?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Mine too, and it's pretty aggressive. But I'll beat it with some well-timed, already-booked discount P fares.
Really, what was it? Mine was only 1200 EQP, which I did on the first day.
Congratulations, you beat your goal!
The 2,500 miles have posted to my passport already.
I also knocked out the international flight (posted on passport), oneworld flight, and US flight this weekend, but those are showing on the passport yet.
Have 3,835 miles so far.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:45 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by skunker
1200? Mine is 6000!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The 2,500 miles have posted to my passport already.
I also knocked out the international flight (posted on passport), oneworld flight, and US flight this weekend, but those are showing on the passport yet.
Have 3,835 miles so far.
I got 12,100 EQP - never going to happen
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Stripy
I got 12,100 EQP - never going to happen
I got 16,200... I'm definitely unliking the promo and chalking it up as another bait and switch/scam marketing ploy.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I got 16,200... I'm definitely unliking the promo and chalking it up as another bait and switch/scam marketing ploy.
Whoa, you beat me, I got 13500 EQP, I wonder what they use to come up with the #, as I already had 2 trips in Business/First already booked prior to this promo starting, ORD-CLT-SJU, and ORD-LHR-BRU. No problem in meeting this, I also have a ORD-SFO-LAX-MIA-YYZ-ORD in coach. I will also complete the extra bonus flights, with the exception of the Shuttle.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by uxb
1200? Mine is 6000!

My guess it is based upon last years flying. Up until 3/21 I hadn't flown AA since 11/30/2012. Just happened to start flying again the exact day the promo started. ^
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
My guess it is based upon last years flying. Up until 3/21 I hadn't flown AA since 11/30/2012. Just happened to start flying again the exact day the promo started. ^
I think that's right. I also have a 1200 EQP goal and flew basically nothing in 2013, 2300 miles at the end of 2013. Flew 15k so far this year.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by arollins
Whoa, you beat me, I got 13500 EQP, I wonder what they use to come up with the #, as I already had 2 trips in Business/First already booked prior to this promo starting, ORD-CLT-SJU, and ORD-LHR-BRU. No problem in meeting this, I also have a ORD-SFO-LAX-MIA-YYZ-ORD in coach. I will also complete the extra bonus flights, with the exception of the Shuttle.
I don't have anything booked for the promo period, but I'm currently at ~44k EQM and 22k EQP for 2014. I'm actually logged in to book a roundtrip to China during the promo period, but that's less than half the EQP of the "goal"...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.