Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rknicker
Stevie Wonder ORD-LAX on Thursday May 10.
Did he see you?

(Sorry, someone had to go there.
Old May 25, 2012, 8:04 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by wrxmom
Did he see you?

(Sorry, someone had to go there.
Reminds me of a TRUE story. Someone I know went to a Yankee playoff game with then New York Governor Patterson (who is blind). After a great play, the person I know yelled with excitement to Gov. Patterson, "Did you see that amazing play?!"
Old May 25, 2012, 9:33 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
Originally Posted by jaynyc
Reminds me of a TRUE story. Someone I know went to a Yankee playoff game with then New York Governor Patterson (who is blind). After a great play, the person I know yelled with excitement to Gov. Patterson, "Did you see that amazing play?!"
Ahahaha. He's actually partially blind.
Old May 25, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Joan Rivers

Joan Rivers - AA10 (LAX-JFK) 24 May in 2A ( I was in 2D).
Old May 25, 2012, 9:43 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Joan Rivers seems to be 1) a pretty frequent AA flyer and 2) a fairly recognizable celebrity. We have reports of her quite often within this thread. (Heck, I've even run into her before at LAX!)
Old May 25, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by rknicker
Stevie Wonder ORD-LAX on Thursday May 10.
I hope you weren't in an exit row.
Old May 26, 2012, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by JY1024
Joan Rivers seems to be 1) a pretty frequent AA flyer and 2) a fairly recognizable celebrity. We have reports of her quite often within this thread. (Heck, I've even run into her before at LAX!)
I wonder if she's EXP and gets upgraded or whether she buys FC. I also wonder how many people like her may be EXP and not even realize the benefits and just buy FC tix. I wonder if I'll ever know.
Old May 26, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I wonder if she's EXP and gets upgraded or whether she buys FC. I also wonder how many people like her may be EXP and not even realize the benefits and just buy FC tix. I wonder if I'll ever know.
On the LAX-JFK route, she's always in 3-Class First which you can't upgrade to except from paid Biz (with miles, not for free). That said, I'm sure Joan Rivers has a contract allowing for paid First/highest class of service. I can't really imagine her sitting in coach after missing an upgrade
Old May 26, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by All American Flyer
On the LAX-JFK route, she's always in 3-Class First which you can't upgrade to except from paid Biz (with miles, not for free). That said, I'm sure Joan Rivers has a contract allowing for paid First/highest class of service. I can't really imagine her sitting in coach after missing an upgrade
I can't imagine sitting next to her in coach after she missed an upgrade.

Although it could have substantial amusement value.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by All American Flyer
I know she has had a reality show the past couple of years and flies to LA to shoot with her daughter, but I'd guess her travel to visit family otherwise is on her own dime. But, I agree. I can't imagine her in coach with the rabble.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:12 pm

Warren Sapp + wife on MIA-SJU J. They then had somebody waiting for them outside the gate (airside) with a "Welcome Sapp's" sign.

Who said you can't vacation when baankrupted?
Old May 26, 2012, 1:58 pm

General Chuck Yeager on AA812 SMF-DFW today in seat 6A, right behind me.
Old May 26, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by bruadair
General Chuck Yeager on AA812 SMF-DFW today in seat 6A, right behind me.
"Grrr. Can this thing go any faster? "
Old May 28, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by dickferd
If it turns out to be Anthony Bourdain that was the classic celebrity a**hole, then I am going to be thoroughly disappointed. I really like his No Reservations Show.

Anthony Bourdain

Guy Fierri

Which one?
Been a while since I was in this thread but it was, indeed, #1. He did look a bit more sickly and older (imagine that!) but the, errr, body type and fashion preferences in those two photos are dramatically different.
Old May 28, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
let"s put it this way: i went to college with her daughter and her daughter flew F to/from the university back to LA. not only is JR an entertainer in her own right, she's the window of a guy who ran a TV network.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.