Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2013, 3:36 pm

I think the best thing about this deal is that you can fly codeshares/partners as well, in addition to AA metal.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:02 pm

So there are 42 pages, has there been a consensus as to whether the promo is holding and if so for whom? Has there been any additional correspondence from the airline on this?
Old Aug 17, 2013, 5:06 pm
formerly gohima

Originally Posted by uElliots
So there are 42 pages, has there been a consensus as to whether the promo is holding and if so for whom? Has there been any additional correspondence from the airline on this?
nope
Old Aug 17, 2013, 5:29 pm
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Originally Posted by standingoten
The 25k EQP challenge is really hard. I've been patient and trying to find the right combo of 2 flights and the best I can find is spending $1700-1800 because I have $200 in AA gift cards from my Amex Platinum.
I have a trip to India booked in A & I fares which will produce over 28K points so it's not really a challenge . When I get back, I will get 8 SWUs and be EXP through Feb. 2015.

I will still wrap up my final 7K miles with UA (almost all on RJs) so I will be 1K with them next year as well, but based on my experience on 8 legs so far, most of next years business will be with AA.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UATexasFlyer
I have a trip to India booked in A & I fares which will produce over 28K points so it's not really a challenge . When I get back, I will get 8 SWUs and be EXP through Feb. 2015.
If you are using this promo for EXP, you need 30K EQM. That means 30K BIS. AA doesn't give more than 100% EQM. For high fares, they give higher EQP. For deep discount they give lower EQP. But all fares earn 100% EQM.

If you are doing the 25K EQP challenge, then no worries ....
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
So really, what is the point of this promo when it says to register by 27th Aug and yet is pulled a few days after that. And that current members like me with Lifetime Plat are angered because we cannot participate. So maybe I should call AA and say, gee, I would have booked a full fare EQM flight on AA for $2K and would have gotten enough to make it to EXP but since I can't participate, I will just buy a ticket on *A instead.

Does anyone think AA will reconsider and include us elites in the challenge?

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
?...
I think the social networking sites are still a new, untested, thing for many businesses, especially a large entrenched bureaucracy like an airline. Someone, somehow, convinced them to advertise in a "targeted" fashion. Only the targeted audience on Linked In or Facebook would see the ad, thus, only those targeted would click through and answer the ad.

Obviously they did not expect the ad to "go viral" and get posted in places visible to people other than their targeted audience. They certainly did not want to tick off their existing elites. When they started getting registrations from 4-year olds (obviously not one of their targeted audience), someone at AA said "Hey, wait a minute...".

So they pulled the ad and killed the webpage.

What now? Figure out some kind of criteria to separate the eligible from the non-eligible. Someone at AA is culling the giant volume of responses (including mine) to eliminate the already-elites and those that came in past some defined cut-off time.
Someone at this ad dept is going to get the chop on the block!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Aug 17, 2013 at 7:31 pm
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by stary275
I think the best thing about this deal is that you can fly codeshares/partners as well, in addition to AA metal.
Traditionally, all challenge also works with codeshares, right?
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
So really, what is the point of this promo when it says to register by 27th Aug and yet is pulled a few days after that.
It was worse...they pulled it just a few hours after it appeared on the web

So maybe I should call AA and say, gee, I would have booked a full fare EQM flight on AA for $2K and would have gotten enough to make it to EXP but since I can't participate, I will just buy a ticket on *A instead.
Honest opinion? Waste of time, energy and a phone call. It will get you nowhere. Sorry.

Does anyone think AA will reconsider and include us elites in?
There's more chance of Alabama voting Democrat in 2016
Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
So really, what is the point of this promo when it says to register by 27th Aug and yet is pulled a few days after that. And that current members like me with Lifetime Plat are angered because we cannot participate.
No point. It was a mistake.

So maybe I should call AA and say, gee, I would have booked a full fare EQM flight on AA for $2K and would have gotten enough to make it to EXP but since I can't participate, I will just buy a ticket on *A instead.

Sure, but why stop at $2k? Why not tell them you would have booked $20K? Or $200k?

Is the Pope Protestant? (No.)

The only thing they will reconsider is the employment status of whoever greenlighted this fiasco and the value of targeted advertising on social media.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 11:55 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Question

Originally Posted by amolkold
I was planning on eventually signing up for the 25K EQP challenge and using an ex-CMB that I was going to book with BA/AA/QF segments, and then a few cheaper F runs. The 30K EQM promo is a lot easier
Where/how are people getting the 25k EQP challenge? Ive called several times and allways get turned down. I could easily get it by shifting my flights from *A to AA but now will be just plat by flying only a portion on AA, its fine by me but one would assume AA wouldbe happy to offer the 25k. EQP challenges? Maybe not, seems some get that too and others like me are told there are no EXP challenges
Old Aug 18, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by kauppias
Where/how are people getting the 25k EQP challenge? Ive called several times and allways get turned down. I could easily get it by shifting my flights from *A to AA but now will be just plat by flying only a portion on AA, its fine by me but one would assume AA wouldbe happy to offer the 25k. EQP challenges? Maybe not, seems some get that too and others like me are told there are no EXP challenges
I got it, but you have to be able to prove that you're a HVC, usually by providing some proof that you fly ALOT. I sent in my DL profile and recent activity and then called me to make me the offer. 8000 more miles and I will be a EXP....took about two months.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by randidliyo
I got it, but you have to be able to prove that you're a HVC, usually by providing some proof that you fly ALOT. I sent in my DL profile and recent activity and then called me to make me the offer. 8000 more miles and I will be a EXP....took about two months.

heh I guess you are more presuasive then me I sent in my flying record from with over 100k in biz and econ flights but no avail... so far this year I am at over 55kEQP but no matter they would rather concentrate on these
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:25 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I am thrilled that AA has pulled the promotion.

I am sick and tired of AA handing out EXP like candy, while the rest of us have to bust our **** to truly earn it.

Try doing 100 segments - now that's earning it.

Go ahead - I know I will be blasted for this and I could care less to be honest.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by stary275
This is from the T&C for earning status the regular way. I assume, or will work under the assumption that this still applies for the fast track:

Members must fly at least four segments on American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection carrier to qualify for AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum or AAdvantage Gold status within the qualifying year.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by biostatistician
This is from the T&C for earning status the regular way. I assume, or will work under the assumption that this still applies for the fast track:

Members must fly at least four segments on American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection carrier to qualify for AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum or AAdvantage Gold status within the qualifying year.
It hasnt really been enforced though but who knows when theyll start?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.