Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:42 pm

Good to hear that they are honouring this.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by richarddd
Apparently, if you registered in time and aren't an elite, AA will honor the promo.
http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...5&postcount=21 and
http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...6&postcount=22
...and boom goes the dynamite.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:53 pm

Apparently, if you registered in time and aren't an elite, AA will honor the promo.
I don't see it on their FB page...?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:56 pm

We believed the offer we launched yesterday to be significantly more targeted than it was, and as such took the offer down very quickly. The eligible customers who received the offer, registered for the promotion prior to its closing and achieve the mileage requirements during the stated time period will still receive status.
At least that's a bit of resolution.

Though they still say "customers who received the offer". It will be interesting to see how they determine the definition of that, given I still don't think they have a way to know who actually saw the posting on LinkedIn. But, maybe they're smarter than we all give them credit for.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
that isn't a primary source. i just ran thru at least 100 idiotic comments from kettles/spammers on the AA, and there are only like 3 posts regarding the promo, none of them consistent with your links.

even with screenshots, we could go on and on about what "eligible customers" means, because i am sure what we consider eligible vs what AA considers eligible differs drastically.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cohall

Though they still say "customers who received the offer". It will be interesting to see how they determine the definition of that, given I still don't think they have a way to know who actually saw the posting on LinkedIn. But, maybe they're smarter than we all give them credit for.
I'm guessing it's the phrase "prior to its closing" that will be important here. AAdvantage will know what time they officially pulled the offer so that will probably be used as a cut off point. If you're non-elite and you got in before that time you may well be ok.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by psychoandy
that isn't a primary source. i just ran thru at least 100 idiotic comments from kettles/spammers on the AA, and there are only like 3 posts regarding the promo, none of them consistent with your links.

even with screenshots, we could go on and on about what "eligible customers" means, because i am sure what we consider eligible vs what AA considers eligible differs drastically.
If the person who posted that on TB says it you can bank on it.

Last edited by skunker; Aug 15, 2013 at 6:10 pm
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP

I would take heed of the person quoted in those links over anything posted on FB any day (and that includes postings from AA's social media team)
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by Cohall

We'll likely never know the numbers, but I' thinking just a few thousand actually registered. I have seen many posts by people who waited until they got home to try to register, etc. Of those thousands, many won't even attempt one flight. I really don't think the damage to the program (or the whining ExPlats) will be that great. Now for someone who was looking for a way out of their current program and saw the LI AA post and registered, well, maybe good for me, er, them. Now am I really going to have to fly those 30k in the back of the bus or can I get a temp ExPlat while I'm completing the offer?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:06 pm

I think what's encouraging is the tone. They don't appear to call it an error, and appear intent on honouring.

Combined with the people here reporting that CS reps are telling them they are registered, it looks promising.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:11 pm

Ugh, you weren't kidding. I wanted to gouge my eyes out reading through those comments.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:13 pm

AA reached out on the EXP FB page. Tone was great. Explained what happened. And that, yes, all non current elites that enrolled prior to the links being taken down will be eligible. From discussion on FB, it appears that the number of people who enrolled and were not current elites was actually very small.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by 777lover
AA reached out on the EXP FB page. Tone was great. Explained what happened. And that, yes, all non current elites that enrolled prior to the links being taken down will be eligible. From discussion on FB, it appears that the number of people who enrolled and were not current elites was actually very small.
Is this a page specifically for those who are currently executive platinum?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:27 pm

Funny how even the explanation says "if you were eligible" and registered, you're good to go. So they haven't just come out and said if you registered (because we screwed up), you're good to go.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Stripy
I'm guessing it's the phrase "prior to its closing" that will be important here. AAdvantage will know what time they officially pulled the offer so that will probably be used as a cut off point. If you're non-elite and you got in before that time you may well be ok.
Prior to its closing- does that mean when the links were pulled completely or the terms changed to add targeted audience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.