Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by swag
Good lord, if you think elites are mad now, imagine the uproar if they announce DEQM n October and registered folks are getting EXP for just 15K BIS miles.
Easy fix. Just add:

"Double EQM promo not combinable with any fast-track elite promos or challenges."
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA DL UR AGR
Good lord, if you think elites are mad now, imagine the uproar if they announce DEQM n October and registered folks are getting EXP for just 15K BIS miles.
I could hardly contain myself if they pulled a stunt like that.

Time to add AA's sites to my instant update feed.

-Dax
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Just received an email from AA offering me a 15% off promotion code, good for travel till Dec.17 excluding Thanksgiving. Is it the way AA compensate for current elites?

I am a PLT and registered all the promo code (though apparently not eligible), but I didn't file complaint with AA. I've heard some other elites who complained to CS received 10K miles as goodwill... Any additional datapoint?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by keepssmile
Just received an email from AA offering me a 15% off promotion code, good for travel till Dec.17 excluding Thanksgiving. Is it the way AA compensate for current elites?

I am a PLT and registered all the promo code (though apparently not eligible), but I didn't file complaint with AA. I've heard some other elites who complained to CS received 10K miles as goodwill... Any additional datapoint?
I got the 15% off as well.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Tweeted AA, they said:
Wonder when they will let folks know.

I emailed them regarding my eligibility last week and haven't heard back from them.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:28 pm

I called CS earlier and was confirmed by an agent that I was eligible for the promotion. No e-mail yet or word of any e-mail at all but she told me that it was showing on my profile that the HT3LI code was submitted for my registration.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by amolkold
How long is he in PEK? As long as the miles post in time and his account is updated to GOLD after 6K EQM appear, then he'll have AA GOLD/OneWorld Ruby benefits.
Thanks for asking. I'm thinking about 10 days hope that's long enough.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by amolkold
Easy fix. Just add:

"Double EQM promo not combinable with any fast-track elite promos or challenges."

Or just limit double EQMs to elites.

But based on a thread on another, similar forum, I have a feeling a lot of people might be very upset with AA tomorrow, and those upset people aren't going to be the elites.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Or just limit double EQMs to elites.

But based on a thread on another, similar forum, I have a feeling a lot of people might be very upset with AA tomorrow, and those upset people aren't going to be the elites.
Can you specify or PM which forum? Thanks.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA DL UR AGR
Based on a thread on another, similar forum, I have a feeling a lot of people might be very upset with AA tomorrow, and those upset people aren't going to be the elites.
I saw the same thing. The terms of AAs offer seemed fairly clear until I started looking at AAs history of revising and reversing their own decisions. I'm just here for the ride since there's still no easy way to know if I'm approved or not thanks to AAs meaningless confirmation process.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:43 pm

Can people who registered for the promo use the 15% to book?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:21 am

Whatever ends up happening with this promo, heads need to roll at the AAdvantage marketing department. This isn't the first promo they've screwed up and we all know it won't be the last. This is all making AA look amateurish at best and pathetically incompetent and inept at worst.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:51 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
There will be no DEQM promos. I have it on good authority that these "targeted" promos are IN LIEU of DEQM promos.

Originally Posted by Stripy
Whatever ends up happening with this promo, heads need to roll at the AAdvantage marketing department. This isn't the first promo they've screwed up and we all know it won't be the last. This is all making AA look amateurish at best and pathetically incompetent and inept at worst.
I tend to agree. This was not a small error by any stretch...I know of existing EXPs (the kind that fly 100k+ per year) who have signed up for a UA 1k challenge in protest to these low-bar promos. That is real revenue that has gone poof for AA. And then you have the blowback from registrants that will be denied.

In the end, the offer itself was too easy (I personally wonder if they didn't realize they were allowing for 4 months to qualify), and it was completely devoid of any targeted language, and it was not sent out targeted. Huge f-up across the board.

One has to wonder if some of this was outsourced and maybe not properly reviewed...one would think a company with AA's marketing skill should be much more adept at making relevant offers to highly targeted demographics...
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
In the end, the offer itself was too easy (I personally wonder if they didn't realize they were allowing for 4 months to qualify), and it was completely devoid of any targeted language, and it was not sent out targeted. Huge f-up across the board.

One has to wonder if some of this was outsourced and maybe not properly reviewed...one would think a company with AA's marketing skill should be much more adept at making relevant offers to highly targeted demographics...
While I agree with your assessment, I also think that those that will hit EXP within the time frame allotted would be AA's "targeted" customer anyway. As others have mentioned, 30k in four months is no easy feat for your average "mileage blog" (aka credit card signup referral blog) reader who are really looking at spending as little out of pocket as possible for their trips.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:41 am
formerly gohima

Originally Posted by AAExPlat

I tend to agree. This was not a small error by any stretch...I know of existing EXPs (the kind that fly 100k+ per year) who have signed up for a UA 1k challenge in protest to these low-bar promos. That is real revenue that has gone poof for AA.

Well, that is being stupid and rash. If you wanna experience a horrible airline with horrible elite benefits, COdbaUA is the place to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.