Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Zaynab
Still: why would it take four weeks to email a discount code?
My guess is that the IT infrastructure can't handle real-time issuance of codes, instead requiring a batch-processing (a "sweep").
Old May 30, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I took the Admiral's Club passes for my daughter and future son in-law to use for their honeymoon trip. Probably not the best value, but the 10% discount code appears to have significant black-out periods that makes it ineligble for my booking travel for my wife and me to fly to Sao Paulo at the end of the year.
Old May 30, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by george 3
I took the Admiral's Club passes for my daughter and future son in-law to use for their honeymoon trip. Probably not the best value, but the 10% discount code appears to have significant black-out periods that makes it ineligble for my booking travel for my wife and me to fly to Sao Paulo at the end of the year.
Despite my own reservations about the restrictions, I think I'll eventually use the 10% coupon for a MR early next year to some far flung place. I'll just need to remember to claim it at the right time!
Old May 30, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
I didn't get the email after having qualified @ 40 last week but used the above rewards link and the system recognized the milestone even without personal email. No problem selecting option for those who are awaiting email but have knowingly qualified.
Old May 30, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by george 3
Received mine for milestone #1.
Got mine yesterday. Signed up for the 10k miles. The other options were less appealing to me.
Old May 30, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: SW A-List and HH Diamond
Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3

I also to the 10k miles at 40 and SWU at 75.
Old May 30, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by cks30
I also to the 10k miles at 40 and SWU at 75.
My plan also. Might have taken the AC passes if AA had not closed their club in SEA.
Old May 31, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by deadlee
170k, and not even through May!! Now that's dedication! I was getting exhausted and I'm only at 80k!!
+1! Holy smokes-- and EQM rather than EQP so that's BIS. Wow; kudos to you good sir/madam... ^
Old May 31, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by brp
We have buttloads of RDM, so the 10K are useless for us Even with the restrictions, we'll have to go for the 10% off codes. Can use one for our mid-Jan (MLK weekend) Europe visit. The tough part is when to "register" for it. It can take 4 weeks to get it, but it is only valid for 60 days. So, when am I going to book? I wish they would let it last the year. But, it's a freebie, so asking for too much is not as useful.

Cheers.
Yep-- similar boat. My issue though was that I wanted to book a Europe trip for August. If the 10% code came within a few days I'd have done that in a heartbeat but to wait a month might have resulted in different flight availability/pricing, etc (not to mention less SWU's available). Will be going to Asia in December but won't be booking that for a few months so the 60 day validity becomes an issue if it came too soon.

So... the only thing that's of value to me was the 10k RDM to just add to the ever-growing pile...

Tough to complain with free though, to be sure!
Old May 31, 2013, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by JMN57
Hey - does anyone know if the 10% could possibly be applied for a already bought ticket for a future trip?
Originally Posted by brp
Almost unquestionably not unless, of course, you want to cancel the ticket, pay change fees and use the remaining credit to purchase the new ticket with the discount. Otherwise, not even close to possible.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by Maui Time
I highly doubt it but certainly try and let us know how it works out.
Answer is certainly no:

"Q. Can I use my discount on a flight I have already purchased?

A. Sorry, you cannot apply the discount to a past purchase."
Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:03 pm

Is the 10% good for only one PAX or how many number of travelers at the time of purchase. Like can I use it for a family purchase of 4 tickets.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by qazw1
Is the 10% good for only one PAX or how many number of travelers at the time of purchase. Like can I use it for a family purchase of 4 tickets.
In the T&Cs:
"Only one promotion code may be used per reservation, for up to six people in the reservation."
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:35 am

Does anyone know if the 10K EQM posting from the Citi Executive card after $40K spend counts for the ELTA3 promotion?

Or, has anyone received a higher tier reward, only after adding in their 10K spend EQM on top of their BIS EQM?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by deadlee
170k, and not even through May!! Now that's dedication! I was getting exhausted and I'm only at 80k!!
180k EQP now with lots of deep south america runs (gotta love those LA business class fares).

Anyhow, I logged in again today and was able to choose the reward for Milestone 2 so I guess the website is working as expected now.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ckn2
180k EQP now with lots of deep south america runs (gotta love those LA business class fares).

Anyhow, I logged in again today and was able to choose the reward for Milestone 2 so I guess the website is working as expected now.
Wow! What kinds of fares are you seeing on LA? And which routes? I might be interested in doing a couple of runs this summer (their winter).
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.