Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by ihavebeenseen
I never received an e-mail, but was able to use the above link today to claim award number one...
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:31 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by canyonleo
I never received the milestone notification email, although I had registered... so I called AA and they instructed me to log on to aa.com/eliteawards. Upon logging in, I read that I haven't yet reached a milestone, which is not correct. They tell me they are working on this issue (seems it's only me, from reading through the posts).
Although I never heard back from AA about correcting my issue, I days later again logged on to the /eliterewards site and now I'm able to choose my Milestone bonus - so all is good now.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
And today I got the e-mail; 24 hours after claiming the award.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by canyonleo
I never received the milestone notification email, although I had registered... so I called AA and they instructed me to log on to aa.com/eliteawards. Upon logging in, I read that I haven't yet reached a milestone, which is not correct. They tell me they are working on this issue (seems it's only me, from reading through the posts).
Nope - same for me. On the phone with AA right now as they are trying to figure out what is happening... I've crossed the 100K mark last week, so once they get this figured out I should have some good stuff coming
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
Just hit milestone 1. Went for 10,000 miles. I originally wanted the 10%, but I don't have any personal travel coming up within the expiration terms. And I don't have the patience to wait on my award
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:04 pm

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3

Requested 10% on 6/21, received code on 6/27.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
I hit the 4th milestone and the end of the AA Elite Reward Road.....what next?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Earned the 2nd milestone about 2 weeks ago. Picked that award (1 SWU) and had it deposited yesterday. I've intentionally skipped picking the 1st award so I can try to plan the 10% discount strategically (LH MR early next year)
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:12 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A few days after choosing the 10% discount code, I received an email. When you use the code, you no longer have the 24 hr. hold option--isn't this in conflict with 24 hour DOT rule?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by nrr
A few days after choosing the 10% discount code, I received an email. When you use the code, you no longer have the 24 hr. hold option--isn't this in conflict with 24 hour DOT rule?
If you used a promo and need to cancel for a full refund within 24-hrs., AA will let you do that. The downside is that you don't get the promo code back, so it is lost forever.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
Data Point Entry:
-Registered from the promo the day after it was made available
-Have received NO "registration confirmation" or "retrieve your award emails" to date
-Have logged inquires into 1)ExecPlat Phone Desk, 2) AAdvantage Phone Desk, 3) Web Support Desk, and 4) Customer Service email "form" on website
-Logged into AA award retrieval site today for the heck of it and was able to select my #1 and #2 awards (14K left for #3).

So.......... something is working somewhere; and a lot is broken several places else!
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, 3MM; Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Any suggestions?

As I previously stated, I requested the 10% coupon on 5/29.
I called Customer Service on 6/19 and they said to wait a bit longer.
I contacted Customer Service via email on 6/26 and they replied they would forward the email to the correct department and to allow 3-5 business days for a reply.
I followed up with another email on 7/3 as I had not heard back from 'the correct department.'
As of today, 7/8, I have not received a reply from Customer Service so I gave them another call.
They said it would probably be sometime next week before I got the 10% discount code but couldn't give me an exact date. I asked for a supervisor and got the same reply.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do next?

Originally Posted by PANK KP
I requested the 10% coupon on 5/29. Went ahead and called Customer Service on 6/19 to check on status since others have reported they had received their coupon so quickly.

Customer Service agent stated that it could take 4-6 weeks although the confirmation email states only 4 weeks. Hopefully mine hasn't been lost somewhere along the way. I'll call again on 6/26 at the 4 week point if I haven't received it by then.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I received my first milestone e-mail on May 29 as well (which in itself was quite some time after reaching the actual milestone). I chose two AC passes, hoping (silly me) to be able to use one of them two days later, when it would have come in very handy. I really don't see how hard it can be to issue two electronic passes - they're not going to send me hard copies, are they? As things are, I have no use for these passes with any of my current bookings, so I'm laying low until AA gets their act together or I actually need them.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by PANK KP
As I previously stated, I requested the 10% coupon on 5/29.
I called Customer Service on 6/19 and they said to wait a bit longer.
I contacted Customer Service via email on 6/26 and they replied they would forward the email to the correct department and to allow 3-5 business days for a reply.
I followed up with another email on 7/3 as I had not heard back from 'the correct department.'
As of today, 7/8, I have not received a reply from Customer Service so I gave them another call.
They said it would probably be sometime next week before I got the 10% discount code but couldn't give me an exact date. I asked for a supervisor and got the same reply.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do next?
No suggestions, but mine took about 10 days so you are definitely way overdue.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
How long did it take to get the email?

How long does it take to get the email.
Qualified for MS 1 way back in first week of May. Yet to get the email. Is there a way to contact AA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.