Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by SFO777
Upgrades on award tickets. That's a good one.
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Yup, I like that one too, but I dont know how to actually put it into real practice.
It basically means that if you can redeem domestic awards at half price - redeem at 25k miles and get upgraded at your window like you would on a cash fare.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by nrr
The one evip at 75,000 has me a bit confused. All my intl itns are RTs--so if I upgrade an intl outbound trip, say, from Y to BC, my return routing is now supposed to be in Y [The bigger evips in this promo are an even number when you get to 125k and then 150k.]
Might be that the target market for this benefit are AA flyers that are not EXP--you or me are just going to add it to our existing 8 systemwides each year and have 9 to work with.

Give those that are not EXP a single systemwide, without any co-pay to use it, and they might want to make the run to 100K to get 8 more. In fact, some flyers that are not EXP may not even know what a systenwide is, or how valuable they are, and might select an alternate perk instead.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by nrr
The one evip at 75,000 has me a bit confused. All my intl itns are RTs--so if I upgrade an intl outbound trip, say, from Y to BC, my return routing is now supposed to be in Y [The bigger evips in this promo are an even number when you get to 125k and then 150k.]
Thumbs down??? I don't see how flying two long-haul segments in Y is better than flying only one of them in Y.
Old May 14, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: ex AA EXP now a Free Soul
Improvisation

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
No, since not a single notification has gone out (at least reported here on FT), and many of us have already passed some of the thresholds.

It just shows how much improvisation is involved.
Old May 14, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nrr
Nothing unusual in upgrading one direction of a round trip, happens all the time.
Old May 14, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Mark_T
Nothing unusual in upgrading one direction of a round trip, happens all the time.
Agreed ... more important to me to upgrade on red-eye direction - for someone that can not sleep sitting up. 8 viable Int'l flights rather than 4 with the usual 8 SWUs ... make that 9 now ^ and maybe more!
Old May 14, 2013, 7:39 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mark_T
After becoming exp and getting to fly bc trans atl and trans pac, I'm never very happy when I fly Y on these routes.
Old May 14, 2013, 7:44 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by burlax
Thumbs down??? I don't see how flying two long-haul segments in Y is better than flying only one of them in Y.
I agree--so the 75,000 perk should have been 2 evips.
Old May 14, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nrr
After becoming exp and getting to fly bc trans atl and trans pac, I'm never very happy when I fly Y on these routes.
I prefer to be happy for the occasions when I'm in J/F on such flights rather than focus on being unhappy for the times that I am not.

I typically make around 30 such flights a year and I'm not going to have EVIPs for all of them no matter how much I'd wish it was so
Old May 14, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by pindento
Agreed ... more important to me to upgrade on red-eye direction - for someone that can not sleep sitting up. 8 viable Int'l flights rather than 4 with the usual 8 SWUs ... make that 9 now ^ and maybe more!
I agree, I only used one SWU for west-bound trans-atlantic and regretted it. The MCE bulkhead is an awesome seat if available, I am totally happy working there going west.

EB is a different story, and I don't even care about the food or booze, I want to get into my PJs and get to bed ASAP.
Old May 22, 2013, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by MoneyMaker101
Hey guys,

Do you guys have to be a current elite member to do this? I may start flying around a lot soon, and racking up 100,000 miles will be pretty easy actually (within 4 months).

But currently have no status.
MoneyMaker101, consider a PLT challenge. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-platinum.html
Old May 26, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Has anyone received instructions for claiming the benefit yet? Have already passed both 40k and 75k thresholds but have not received any notice/email.

Thanks!

////disregard - found my answer up thread.

Last edited by ::JUJUBE; May 26, 2013 at 3:39 pm Reason: Question resolved
Old May 29, 2013, 10:08 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
I just received an email from AA:

RE: You’ve reached an AAdvantage Elite Rewards milestone

Congratulations! You've reached a milestone in the AAdvantage® Elite Rewards promotion.

Click on the link below to redeem your reward. Be sure to make your selection before February 28, 2014. Thank you for flying with us. We hope you enjoy your reward and look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; AC 100K
Looks like the e-mails are out now.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Justin Does...
I just received an email from AA:

RE: You’ve reached an AAdvantage Elite Rewards milestone

Congratulations! You've reached a milestone in the AAdvantage® Elite Rewards promotion.

Click on the link below to redeem your reward. Be sure to make your selection before February 28, 2014. Thank you for flying with us. We hope you enjoy your reward and look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.
Holy cow. They actually started in May like they said they would!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.